A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music (Part 2)

Mightycomfort

Guest Danny86

^Because you like that "True Blue" is on it?

Can someone please give me an example when a tracklist (studio or compilation album) was first revealed on an online store for any artist? Because like I said, it never happened with Madonna.

I briefly saw the tracklisting from Warners on Friday, there is no Who's That Girl or True Blue. From what I remember: It is what you expect, no soundtrack stuff, American Life and Hollywood are included as is 4 Minutes and Give it to me. Roughly 2 or 3 tracks from the official albums plus Celebration and Revolver.

Guest Danny86

I briefly saw the tracklisting from Warners on Friday, there is no Who's That Girl or True Blue. From what I remember: It is what you expect, no soundtrack stuff, American Life and Hollywood are included as is 4 Minutes and Give it to me. Roughly 2 or 3 tracks from the official albums plus Celebration and Revolver.

No "You Must Love Me", "Beautiful Stranger" or "Die Another Day"? I find that hard to believe. Surely they would not choose "AL", "HW" and some Erotica track over these.

Edit: Technically "Crazy For You" & "Into The Groove" are soundtrack singles as well...

I also saw the tracklist yesterday. A rep from warners sent a car for me. They took me to a secret cafe served me cream tea and microbiotic scones. They showed me the tracklist too and to my surprise it featured paula abdul covering all of madonnas hits. They (warner) were very excited about her rap on American life.

Then some men pulled up in a White van and took me away.

Well, then again. The tracklist was also chosen by fans, AND Madonna. I guess Madonna liked the fans ideas of Hollywood, Get Together, and Nobody Knows Me being included.

Guest Danny86

Actually via Google it is possible to track back those requests. There were not THAT many, I guess because he didn't have many followers then (if I'm not wrong it was his first "for the fans" thing on Twitter). From what I gather, "Dress You Up" is easily the most requested from the "forgotten" hits, a lot more than TB, WTG, TUTBMP etc. "American Pie" got some requests too, along with some AL tracks. What I liked is that some pointed out the CT studio versions of "Everybody" & "Erotica", those would be really cool.

I think all this was just done for buzz, it was their way to let fans know the project started and it caused a bigger buzz than just a fansite reporting it. I do think they will include "DYU" for the fans, but it's also being performed on tour for the fans, so nothing shocking there.

Mighty Comforts comments were very amusing, perhaps you could get some stand up work, you'd be at least as funny as Jim Davidson.

tracklist:

> CD1

> "> Vogue> ">

> "> Express Yourself> ">

> "> Into the Groove> ">

> "> Papa Don> '> t Preach> ">

> "> La Isla Bonita> ">

> "> Everybody> ">

> "> Lucky Star> ">

> "> Holiday> ">

> "> Like a Virgin> ">

> "> Borderline> ">