A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music (Part 2)

Mightycomfort

Im PISSED OPF, the radio im listening to - i keep trying and requesting, yes, they do play her song once this morning and now its already 6:00 in the aftenoon, still they havent play her song again, instead they keep playing new LADY GAGA "Chillin" with Wale and from Shakira new single , Beyonce, Kanye WEst.. im pissed!! please keep on requesting Celebration!!

Can we move any hysterical post with the word 'request' in it in the Charts Forum? Like please.

Guest superman

yeah, yeah, yeah we all keep saying how much we love her song Celebration but no one requesting her song. WE gonna ended up soon like Mariah Carey fans. trust me!!!!!!flop!!!!

Apparently, according to lighthousemike from the Mtribe, word is that Celebration the album has been pushed back to mid-October...

it can be the reason why iTunes didn't promote it, maybe WBR requested it... and let sales drift till they're ready for some promo... they could easily pull it off iTunes but maybe they're scared of the screaming reactions

Apparently, according to lighthousemike from the Mtribe, word is that Celebration the album has been pushed back to mid-October...

Doubt it - I mean official website have given us the release date and everything.

Maybe any release of another single (revolver?) and it's video may be pushed back?

Guest Danny86

The delay is based on an email Amazon.com sent out to people who preordered, claiming it's been delayed till mid-October. It won't be official until Madonna.com confirms it.

Guest Danny86

A delay could only mean more thought put into this release, both on Madonna & WBR side :)

Wanting holiday sales is the only reason for this possible delay. Don't see what more could Madonna or Warner do for a GH, unless an actual tour, but that's unlikely.

Wanting holiday sales is the only reason for this possible delay. Don't see what more could Madonna or Warner do for a GH, unless an actual tour, but that's unlikely.

Not a tour but maybe a little more effort, for example taking more time to choose wisely which songs have to make the final cut, planning promotional moves, etc.

Edited by Sasori84

Doubt it - I mean official website have given us the release date and everything.

Maybe any release of another single (revolver?) and it's video may be pushed back?

I certainly hope its fake!

Guest Danny86

Not a tour but maybe a little more effort, for example taking more time to choose wisely which songs have to make the final cut, planning promotional moves, etc.

Don't know why debating 5 out of 34 songs would lead to a month delay, nor how leaving out 1-2 fan favs would be "unwise". I'm sure promo was already planned, otherwise they would not have unleashed a press release, an advert and a new Madonna.com, along with a new single. The only other thing that can cause a delay is Madonna being asked to go back to the studio to re-record the new songs, since she can't do that for the next 4 weeks.

Guest Danny86

This is the mail, posted by lighthouse:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the order you placed on July 30 2009 (Order# XXX). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Madonna "Celebration (2 CD)"

Estimated arrival date: October 12 2009 - October 21 2009

If you still want us to ship the delayed items when they do become available (though they may arrive later than expected) please visit this address to approve the delay:

http://www.amazon.com/XXX

If you do not approve this delay by September 04 2009, we will cancel the item. However, if the item becomes available before that date, we will automatically ship it to you.

An MLicious member posted theirs earlier:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the order you placed on August 02 2009 (Order#

104-8582642-7027464). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed

below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based

on the new release date:

Madonna "Celebration (2 CD)"

Estimated arrival date: October 13 2009 - October 19 2009

That's the estimated arrival time, which Amazon always greatly exagerates. This covers their asses since they often times don't send out products until after the street date but anytime I've ordered I've received items well before the estimate.

Initially Amazon stated September 22 was the release date (with an estimated arrival time probably somewhere between October 1-10...), so the change is just due to their correction and has nothing to do with Warner Bros. delaying the release date.

They've (Warner Bros.) really put too much push behind the September 29th release date to change it now, barring manufacturing errors.

I don't think promo has been planned yet, only partially. I take into cosideration that with these kind of things nothing is set in stone till the last days...I agree with you about the re-recording, that could be also a reason. But for me Warner has still a lot of things to work out, the whole project is far from definitive shape, not only the new songs. I bet they're really late on their shedule, just as...always :)! Think about the Celebration single release and you'll understand what I mean :)

Guest Danny86

I don't think promo has been planned yet, only partially. I take into cosideration that with these kind of things nothing is set in stone till the last days...I agree with you about the re-recording, that could be also a reason. But for me Warner has still a lot of things to work out, the whole project is far from definitive shape, not only the new songs. I bet they're really late on their shedule, just as...always :) ! Think about the Celebration single release and you'll understand what I mean :)

I don't see what makes you say that. Just because they decide not to give the tracklist away 2 months before the release, it doesn't mean it's not in a definitive shape. If that was the case, we'd only know the details from Tribe and Anna, not from Warner and Madonna.com. I just don't see what more you expect from a project like this, when you know Madonna filmed a new video, has a single out, will include another new song along with 34 hits, not to mention the double DVD. When the tracklist is out, all the hype will die down, surely they know that. Especially because everyone is familiar with "Revolver", not even that's gonna be a surprise for fans.

I'm glad for the possible delay. Now I can focus on Patty's September 29th release.

MADONNA Celebration: Definitive Greatest Hits Collection JAPAN 2CD

Release Date: September 30, 2009

[2009 Warner Bros. JAPAN WPCR-13680]

CD 1:

1. Vogue

2. Express Yourself

3. Into the Groove

4. Papa Don’t Preach

5. La Isla Bonita

6. Everybody

7. Lucky Star

8. Holiday