A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music (Part 2)

Mightycomfort

Miles Away should be on the CD in remixed form just for kicks.

Edited by Live It Up

I can not WAIT!!! till the official tracklisting is revealed. I dont know if people will be "celebrating" or be in an uproar and start a riot.

I guess we will have to wait and find out. Oh boy, that is def gonna take a while.....

Guest bluejean

It seems like 'Celebration' is out way too early.

Maybe they are planning on pushing 'Revolver' in the US when the album is released? That would makes sense.

Hey, I saw this on Drownedmadonna.com, an ad from WB for Celebration:

ad

Not bad, huh? Although it's a bit odd they didn't use more clips from different videos. (Sorry I don't know how to embed videos.)

I already have this saved on my pc.....ive watched it about 45 times already :thumbsup:

Right, here is my thoughts. The video shows songs that I don't think will be on the cd but will be on the dvd. I really cant see 3 songs off HC on this collection.

However the words on the newspaper behind the images are ones that will be the cd songs - like inlay lyrics in the cd booklet?

If that is the case - I think maybe these are definite sightings for the cd lyrics or confirmed by WB

Evrybody

Holiday

Lucky Star

Material Girl

Live to tell

papa dont preach

whos that girl

like a prayer

express yourself

vogue

justify my love

secret

take a bow

you must love me

ray of light

beautiful stranger

music

dont tell me

die another day

hung up

4 minutes

miles away

have i missed any?

This should've been a 3 disc set. She had so many hits. I have a feeling this CD and DVD will be along the lines of Ultimate Kylie rather than POPART.

Guest Danny86
^ I disagree about Sorry, it was one of her biggest hits worldwide!

No it was not. It's her lowest selling UK #1 and just because it topped airplay charts of Europe riding the coattails of "Hung Up", it wasn't one of her biggest hits at all. In several EU countries "GI2M" did just as well as "Sorry".

No it was not. It's her lowest selling UK #1 and just because it topped airplay charts of Europe riding the coattails of "Hung Up", it wasn't one of her biggest hits at all. In several EU countries "GI2M" did just as well as "Sorry".

it was an airplay hit, it was all over the place when i lived in europe, it was a big hit in LatinAmerica. i dont know about chart positions or sales, but Sorry it was definitely one of the few major hits she has had in the 00's. i dont count the US of course.

while I think Gi2M was a better and bigger hit in terms of sales and quality, Sorry was #1 in the UK - (and came right after HU!), so that alone makes it worthy to WB Im sure. As for any Evita or Amerian Life song - NOT necesssary lol - no one would care lol, yet, I see that Warner feels obligated to gove some respect to those songs, or else its admitting officially those songs are utter shit lol.

Anyways, I really hope Ellen or Kelly Rippa got a hold of Celebrate so they could pimp it out this week!!!!

Guest Danny86
it was an airplay hit, it was all over the place when i lived in europe, it was a big hit in LatinAmerica. i dont know about chart positions or sales, but Sorry it was definitely one of the few major hits she has had in the 00's. i dont count the US of course.

I didn't say it wasn't a hit, but calling it as one of her biggest hits is a huge stretch. In fact the case of "Sorry" is exactly what some fans don't like about radio, that someone scores a megahit and then radio jumps on the follow up and plays the hell out of it, no matter what song it is. Just that it happened outside the USA (unlike something like "Shake It Off"). Songs like that these days can barely make an impact and I would not say "Sorry" is still remembered, unlike "Hung Up" or "4 Minutes".

"Give It 2 Me" was a big airplay hit in several EU markets too but it's called a flop here because US and Australian radio refused to play it. "Miles Away" was a #1 airplay hit in Germany, yet it's perceived as her biggest ever flop, next to "One More Chance" & "Love Profusion". Also, because of Japan, "MA" sold more than "Sorry" even. I'm just saying that this should be consequent, if in one case being played a lot on radio is a hit, then why a flop in another case? Or if radio refuses to make something a hit, should Madonna be forbidden to include that single on a compilation, as if it was her own fault that in the 80s she released anything and that became a top 5 airplay hit, yet these days she's only allowed to score one hit per album?

Of course most likely both "Sorry" and "GI2M" will end up on Celebration because Madonna likes to push her more recent work.

Guest Danny86
'Sorry' is still remembered..& it's still played on the radio.

It IS one of her biggest hits this decade.

So just because radio decides to keep it in their playlist, it's already a CLASSIC and REMEMBERED? That's quite biased.

By the way, I'm sure you know "GI2M" did even better in Belgium, it was in the top 3 forever. Is it also her biggest hits this decade then?

So just because radio decides to keep it in their playlist, it's already a CLASSIC and REMEMBERED? That's quite biased.

Yes, that's how it works...but there's no point in comparing her newer material 2 the stuff from her golden

80's era..the market is different..her audience is different etc.. . You can bet ur ass 'Sorry' sold her a lot of COAD

albums in the EU...That song was everywhere & people loved it. ----> Hit

By the way, I'm sure you know "GI2M" did even better in Belgium, it was in the top 3 forever. Is it also her biggest hits this decade then?

No, 'cuz GI2M sold less than 'Sorry' in Belgium & it did virtually nothing 4 the album.

Guest bluejean

'Sorry' was a bigger hit than 'Give it 2 me,' there is no dispute.

As for 'Miles Away,' please. Who are they making this CD for? Japan or the world?

Guest SuperPop

Sorry was a huge hit over Europe and it is one of Madonna's biggest hits over 00s...the fact that COADF had sold so many copies over holidays hurt some of the sales of the second single...

no one remembers GI2M which was a moderate hit for Madonna's standards..the fact that it sold almost the same copies as Sorry in the UK is simply because the singles market has explode since then...Sorry was released during the lowest selling period (February) when the UK single market was facing its worst phase and the album had sold bucketloads..

so there isn't any comparison between Sorry and GI2M...

Guest SuperPop
No, 'cuz GI2M sold less than 'Sorry' in Belgium & it did virtually nothing 4 the album.

it did nothing for the album everywhere..not only in Belgium...

Based on the UWC, Sorry had 5.1 million points, half of which is sales. While GI2M Had about 2.9 million, half of which is sales. Don't get me wrong, I really love GI2M, but Sorry was the song that got me into Madonna in the first place, and it IS a big hit! :thumbsup:

Guest Danny86
Based on the UWC, Sorry had 5.1 million points, half of which is sales. While GI2M Had about 2.9 million, half of which is sales. Don't get me wrong, I really love GI2M, but Sorry was the song that got me into Madonna in the first place, and it IS a big hit! :thumbsup:

The UWC is not an official chart. "Sorry" got that high there because a UK sales and airplay #1 gave it a lot of points. You can't know how much of it is sales. But "Sorry" is not a worldwide million seller anyway, it sold less than 200k in the UK.

As for radio creating classics, so what about the arguments from certain chart fans here, who say Mariah has no classics and radio keeps shoving her stuff down on people's throats, but that doesn't mean they actually like them?

And surely HolidayGuy will remind all of us that none of the ROL singles receive notable airplay in the USA. This whole "remembered" and "classic" thing is very subjective and obviously everyone is giving excuses for the songs they are fans of. Especially because radio is not able to hold most of Madonna's songs in their playlist these days. I wonder what will the reactions be when "Celebration" is dropped after October, after it most likely reached #1 on every European airplay chart.

Guest erotico

Exactly!!! I love them both, but sorry was as far as I remember 9 or 7 weeks at number 1 in the Worldwide Charts, Give it to Me was number 7. :thumbsup:

whatever is in the freaking cd is gonna be ok and anyways why are you fighting about songs that you already have, i mean they are doing this for the money as every single Greatest Hits album, just be glad we have 2 new songs, maybe 2 new videos and several new mixes, for god sake WE ARE FANS, and yes SORRY was indeed a hit at least in Europe and Europe is a very important market ... at the end of the day she is doing her shows twice in here ... so there

UPDATED with "Erotica" and "La Isla Bonita" (8/3)

Okay, so between the press release, the lyric sheet on madonna.com and the official teaser ads, we have:

Everybody

Holiday

Lucky Star

Like A Virgin

Material Girl

Into The Groove

Live To Tell

Papa Don’t Preach

Open Your Heart

La Isla Bonita

Who’s That Girl

Like A Prayer

Express Yourself

Cherish

Vogue

Justify My Love

Erotica

Secret

Take A Bow

You Must Love Me

Frozen

Ray Of Light

Beautiful Stranger

Music

Don’t Tell Me

Die Another Day

Hung Up

4 Minutes

Miles Away

Celebration

Revolver

That makes for 31 of the 36 tracks. "Borderline," "Crazy For You," "Dress You Up," "True Blue" (I know, I know) and "Deeper And Deeper" are the others I would like to see.

The handling of this release has far exceded my expectations!

Guest Danny86

^Yeah, only 7 are unconfirmed, but I think "Borderline", "Crazy For You", "La Isla Bonita" are 100% there and "Dress You Up" is 99%.

So 3 places left but still several contenders:

- This Used To Be My Playground

- something from Erotica

- You'll See

- a third ROL song (otherwise same amount from ROL as HC)

- American Pie

- Sorry (otherwise 1 song from COADF, like AL)

- Give It 2 Me