A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music (Part 2)

Mightycomfort

PREVIOUS THREAD: http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=27351

---------

I have a friend who works at hmv in the uk.

He told me today that the company are tipping this to be THE bed selling release in the uk this year.

He said they have been told warner uk and m will be doing lots of promotion unlike the hard candy project.

He compared the buzz around this release amongst retail is like ROL when they knew they had a winner.

Nothing new here but just wanted to say retailers are excited about this

I have a friend who works at hmv in the uk.

He told me today that the company are tipping this to be THE bed selling release in the uk this year.

He said they have been told warner uk and m will be doing lots of promotion unlike the hard candy project.

He compared the buzz around this release amongst retail is like ROL when they knew they had a winner.

Nothing new here but just wanted to say retailers are excited about this

If this turns out to be true, WOW WOW WOW :thumbsup:

Also- what difference does it make it the song's on iTunesnext week or the week after? '4 Minutes" hit iTunes a week after it hit radio, and managed to sell 217,000+ units. I'm willing to bet that most of those sales were because of Madonna- then, the song;'s eventual 2.6m+ in sales probably was a combo of M/JT/people actually digging the track.

Not saying C will sell 200k+, but could it do 140K+? (which could get it into the Hot 100 top 10- see Hannah Montana's recent top 10 debut) We'll see.

In any event, just enjoy the upcoming era.

From Desi Hits!

If you are not going to get recognition from anyone else, why not celebrate your accomplishments yourself? That's what material girl turned music icon Madonna is doing. The megastar has decided to create a two disk album called "Celebration" with some of her greatest hits! The album will be released on September 29th and will include re-mastered versions of Madonna's hit songs that have been selected by fans and the pop singer herself. Some songs that will be featured on the album are, "Everybody," "Express Yourself," "Vogue," and "4 Minutes." "Celebration" also includes two new singles. Looks like the singer is still at it in the studio!

That's right, Madonna has been working hard in New York to complete her two new singles. The first one is titled 'Celebration,' yes just like the album. Madonna has not only sung this track, but she has also co-produced it with Paul Oakenfold. Madonna has also worked on her video for the single "Celebration." It was recently shot in Milan, Italy and will be on the "Celebration" DVD. The song is not due for release until August 3 at which point it will hit radios and clubs everywhere.

Along with the two new singles, Madonna has also invested her time in creating the cover for her compilation album. The cover focuses in on Madonna's face, the eye is drawn to the colored blond hair, heavy turquoise eye makeup, and luscious, ruby lips. Madonna is one hot mama!

It seems like Madonna has put a lot of effort into making this album great. Hopefully her fans will appreciate it.

when is it released to itunes?

when is it released to radio?

QUOTE (geit @ Jul 29 2009, 04:40 PM)

This song will be available on August 4, 2009

twitter guy oseary

let them push back it on itunes

it will be no5 in us

QUOTE (geit @ Jul 29 2009, 04:40 PM)

This song will be available on August 4, 2009

twitter guy oseary

let them push back it on itunes

it will be no5 in us

available where?

radio? itunes?

I honestly don't understand the concept up holding off in releasing the physical copy of this song almost a month after it's been on ITUNES and on the radio. I realize physical copies don't sell as well, but hers usually does generate a lot of copies from fans. I would think they would want to count that in the mix to help the song chart better.

61NqyZqEbfL._SS500_.jpg

This is the image of the single cover on amazon now.

I thought the cover was just the simple title extracted from the album cover. :wow:

Wow!!!She looks hot! Could these pics be from that party in Brazil?

I hope we get the full song Friday! And good on them for keeping it underwraps for so long. Also good to see the fans more positive about it even though she is doing EXACTLY what most of her "haters" last year accused her of with HC. Nonetheless the track seems like it's going to be a fun, gaytastic, catchy single added to her canon of hits. It does sound like one of those songs that could be massive worldwide much like HU or Music.

I'm sure it's not going to hang around the top part of the charts for too long in the US though. Don't want to jinx it but I think "Celebration" will have an "Obsessed" type run. Debut somewhere around number 10 and fall pretty hard the following week.

61NqyZqEbfL._SS500_.jpg

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

As for the clips - the version played at Pacha is really hot. That Amazon clip has been a bit of a buzzkill for me, though. Still looking forward to it, but I'm thinking I'm probably gonna like the mixes for this one better than the album version.

61NqyZqEbfL._SS500_.jpg

Oh, hell yes. New single cover from Amazon.

:shock:

Never seen these pix before! those are the photos from the unreleased photshoot with Jesus and the other men at the party!