Do you think Celebration will be one of Madonnas biggest hits?

Guest Madlover033003

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertai...n-14437311.html

According to this article, Madonna wrote the lyrics and melody for "Celebration", while the backing track was written by Paul Oakenfold, Ciaran Gribbin and Ian Green. This supports the widespread (albeit widely

debated!) belief that in general, Madonna is responsible for the lyrics and melodies of her songs. It also gels with the complaints of a few people about how Madonna contribution to "Celebration" is great, but Oakenfold's doesn't match this. Interestingly enough, Madonna wrote her lyrics and melody to a demo of the completed backing track, so Oakenfold's work inspired her to come up with a great piece of work :)

Celebration in its original form sounds like those corny Eurovision songs. The Benny Bennassi mix has more of a personality so MAYBE comparisons on that level make more sense. But overall Celebration is exactly what it was intended to be - a party song for her fans and a method of selling her Greatest Hits package. In my opinion Get Together took the whole cheap Ibiza sound and turned it into something really compelling and cool, and moving in a way. It was an anthem that never was, and one of the best songs she's made in the last decade. *IN MY OPINION* ....

I agree. Cool song for a GH compilation. This single doesn't have the HIT potential of a first single for a new album. Maybe I'm wrong.

Why you think they're using the Benassi mix for the video? :thumbsup:

I agree. Cool song for a GH compilation. This single doesn't have the HIT potential of a first single for a new album. Maybe I'm wrong.

Why you think they're using the Benassi mix for the video? :thumbsup:

i heard they're using the Benassi mix in the video bcuz Jesus & Lourdes arm-wrestled for it.

Lola won.

Guest bulgar

yes, this will be HUGE only where ppl know how to appreciate good pop/dance music

definitely one of her biggest hits

I think it will be a hit, but not one of her biggest hits. Just because it comes from a GH album means there's a lower level of excitement than it if it came from a new album.

Plus, she on tour so there's not going to be a lot of promotion. And although I like it, it is so referential to her older hits, that it doesn't have that unique element that most of her biggest hits have.

The video will make the huge impact. Jonas better be creating something cool for the song!

why oh why do people continue to think videos nowadays make that much of a difference anymore lol? In 1990, definitely, but not in 2009. If the song is good people buy it, if it sucks, they wont.

Guest Pud Whacker
yes, this will be HUGE only where ppl know how to appreciate good pop/dance music

definitely one of her biggest hits

:thumbsup:

why oh why do people continue to think videos nowadays make that much of a difference anymore lol? In 1990, definitely, but not in 2009. If the song is good people buy it, if it sucks, they wont.

You could not be more wrong about that. Shakira, Beyonce, Britney Spears, and Madonna herself are just a few recent examples of people who made songs that were propelled by the popularity of their videos.

You could not be more wrong about that. Shakira, Beyonce, Britney Spears, and Madonna herself are just a few recent examples of people who made songs that were propelled by the popularity of their videos.

Not that I disagree, but I do feel videos have far less of an impact these days. It's a shame because I thought our culture has become more visual, so I'd think videos would be more popular and much more sophisticated.

I think much of it's due to the lack of outlets. Since MTV and VH1 pretty much ditched videos on their main channels, people now rely on the internet or paid music stations to see these videos. The paid stations do limit video viewership, but the internet certainly helps expose videos. But again, I just don't see the same enthusiasm like back in the 80's and early 90's.

How do people find out new music or wanna hear new music?

They open up their internet browser, and go to YouTube.com. ;) Music Videos have a HUGE impact on the web buddy, it's 2009, get with the program (and yes it's on oprah) :thumbsup:

Not that I disagree, but I do feel videos have far less of an impact these days. It's a shame because I thought our culture has become more visual, so I'd think videos would be more popular and much more sophisticated.

I think much of it's due to the lack of outlets. Since MTV and VH1 pretty much ditched videos on their main channels, people now rely on the internet or paid music stations to see these videos. The paid stations do limit video viewership, but the internet certainly helps expose videos. But again, I just don't see the same enthusiasm like back in the 80's and early 90's.

The enthusiasm is still there. It has just changed. Videos are now a part of the web 2.0 movement thats been happening and growing for years. Artists who don't embrace this are left in the dust, which is why videos are more important than ever in a way. If you don't have a good looking video on youtube, consider yourself a minute away from irrelevancy. We live in an age where a band like the Kings of Leon can go from virtual indie nothings last August to everyone's favorite band this August, all thanks you YouTube.

With all of this in mind, Madonna's apparent refusal to make a good video for the singles she puts out is becoming more and more baffling by the day.

The enthusiasm is still there. It has just changed. Videos are now a part of the web 2.0 movement thats been happening and growing for years. Artists who don't embrace this are left in the dust, which is why videos are more important than ever in a way. If you don't have a good looking video on youtube, consider yourself a minute away from irrelevancy. We live in an age where a band like the Kings of Leon can go from virtual indie nothings last August to everyone's favorite band this August, all thanks you YouTube.

With all of this in mind, Madonna's apparent refusal to make a good video for the singles she puts out is becoming more and more baffling by the day.

True, youtube has made music videos more accessible if anything. No reason for her to be cheap with them. I'm not expecting so much for the Celebration video. I think we've seen this formula before; Jonas + making a video on tour= Jump. Hope i'm wrong though.

It's sad that she's saving her best videos for her tour especially when they're being used for older songs i.e. Die Another Day. Can't wait to see that one on dvd.

It's really how all one looks at it. I agree YOUTUBE is the way to go these days, but I've seen some pretty crappy videos (but of course that could just be my own opinion, just like it's your opinion of Madonna refusing to make a good video).

Madonna is much more in tuned to the internet than a lot of other big groups of the past. And the reception of "4 Minutes" was huge on YOUTUBE as she herself encouraged more people to parody her videos. I certainly don't see U2, The Rolling Stones and some of the other big concert headliners doing the same.

I've never seen this much positivity over a new Madonna single among all Madonna fans. I actually think this is a first (since Frozen? Vogue?)

(And NO. Hung Up does not count, there might have been lots of appreciation around the time of the singles release, but there was also alot of negativity)

agreed...job done...something new to assist the GH album - generally i like Oakenfold, so kinda helps too