Do you think Celebration will be one of Madonnas biggest hits?

Guest Madlover033003

I honestly feel this is going to be a huge hit, maybe as huge as Hung Up. A few days ago when I heard the snippet I instantly fell in love and that rarely happens when I hear any song for the first time....much less a snippet.

The song is just amazing, catchy chorus, sick beat. Madonna at her best!

i think it may be as big as Music actually!

its official - I DO now!! At the minimum Im gonna say this is gonna do waaay better than 4M and HU - before all is said and done - in the US! This sound is red hot fresh - I was just listening to that new song by Akon and David Guetta (whos club sound is totally becoming mainstream). The Lady GaGas etc.. kinds sorta assisted in making dance/pop come back strong, but this M song is waaay the next level and i think America will actually embrace this (dare I say lol). Its every bit as universal as Music. HU was more of an euro thing.- I can see why it didnt do more in America. Yeah, she TOTALLY knew what she was doin here!

Its so hard to predict whats going to be big. I would nt be surprised if it does better in USA than UK. The song is good , catchy, - but not anything new or quality for a long running no1 single? Its an anthem but sounds very tired and very similar to Get Together. It does nt have the smae spark as Hung Up.

People assume it will be big in Europe because its dance music? plenty of dance songs flop in Europe.

It would be interesting to see which ones of us can predict how it will do and see who is right.

this sh*ts aaaaall over GT LOL. sorry.

There is no way someone can say that Celebration is better than Get Together. Get Together is magic. Celebration is cute but it is cheeeeeeeeeeeeeaaap.

Well. Lead single versus third single. That's something....

There is no way someone can say that Celebration is better than Get Together. Get Together is magic. Celebration is cute but it is cheeeeeeeeeeeeeaaap.

Celebration is better than Get Together.

Celebration in its original form sounds like those corny Eurovision songs. The Benny Bennassi mix has more of a personality so MAYBE comparisons on that level make more sense. But overall Celebration is exactly what it was intended to be - a party song for her fans and a method of selling her Greatest Hits package. In my opinion Get Together took the whole cheap Ibiza sound and turned it into something really compelling and cool, and moving in a way. It was an anthem that never was, and one of the best songs she's made in the last decade. *IN MY OPINION* ....

Guest ursaminorjim

I agree, but I also think it's fair to say that "Celebration" is gonna be a pretty sizeable hit. But who can say if it'll be in the popular classics territory (a la "Vogue," "Ray of light," "Music") or a smash hit that doesn't have a real lasting impact ("American pie," "4 minutes")? It honestly could go either way.

Guest ursaminorjim
Celebration in its original form sounds like those corny Eurovision songs. The Benny Bennassi mix has more of a personality so MAYBE comparisons on that level make more sense. But overall Celebration is exactly what it was intended to be - a party song for her fans and a method of selling her Greatest Hits package. In my opinion Get Together took the whole cheap Ibiza sound and turned it into something really compelling and cool, and moving in a way. It was an anthem that never was, and one of the best songs she's made in the last decade. *IN MY OPINION* ....

And it's an opinion I share. To me it's the perfect middle ground between the experimental warmth and austerity of, like, the Kompakt records aesthetic and vibe, and the pure adrenaline rush of a big room house jam. It's both intimate and encompassing, close and removed, cool and immersive. It's a song whose sound emphasizes the distance in the lyrics and flirts with the intimacy that the lyrics yearn for. And it's a kick-ass second track, too - totally elevates the album to a different plane from "Hung up," which follows the same sonic pattern, but with a completely different intent.

But I digress. Apologies.

Cheap sound? In parts, yes. But most of it sounds like it could come from Confessions; there are only a few instances where it truly sounds dated. I say that after listening to it on headphones, and falling in love, naturally.

Everything about this song screams Madonna, though. The lyrics are classic M. The vocals are INCREDIBLE. Infectious melody.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

It'll be a hit, the net buzz if very strong, people seem to be really liking it.

It's not better than Get Together.

Guest SoUnusual

I think it will do amazing, Madonna does not milk her songs with greatest hits every 5 minutes. Celebration is AMAZING, Revolver *fingers crossed* will be good. And a good tracklist? Theres no way it can't be a HUGE HIT.

The vocals are INCREDIBLE.

Really? I think the vocals are very similar to 4 Minutes. The spoken word bit is a highlight, of course.

As for Get Together, it's on a par I'd say. GT has a better backing track (not that trance sound which I never liked) but Celebration's tune is easily as good.

Guest ursaminorjim

"Celebration" has the better verse melody, definitely. It's much more of a pop song.

(what's really weird is that even after dozens of listens, I have to think about what it sounds like! But all the hooks of that demo for "Revolver" snap immediately into my head. I really hope her final version isn't a complete rewrite...)

Am I the only person who thinks that Revolver demo is pure shit?? I'm seriously not getting the love for that piece of crap.

I'm praying she reworked the hell out of that.

No. you're not. I don't like it too much either. I think Celebration was a much better first single choice.

Guest ursaminorjim
Am I the only person who thinks that Revolver demo is pure shit?? I'm seriously not getting the love for that piece of crap.

I'm praying she reworked the hell out of that.

Then you, sir, are my sworn enemy.

*gloveSLAP!*

Shall we say pistols at dawn?

but I just dont see (objectvely) what GT has to offer lyrically, hook, melody that meaures up to Celebrate. Even at this moment, Im still not a big lover of the Oakenfeld sound and think it does sound a bit...'inexpensive' lol, but Ms vocals, lyrics - just the vibe of the song makes it ALL work. GT imo is nothing more than a decent album track and 4th or 5th single material lol

but I just dont see (objectvely) what GT has to offer lyrically, hook, melody that meaures up to Celebrate. Even at this moment, Im still not a big lover of the Oakenfeld sound and think it does sound a bit...'inexpensive' lol, but Ms vocals, lyrics - just the vibe of the song makes it ALL work. GT imo is nothing more than a decent album track and 4th or 5th single material lol

I adore GT but it does not have the catch factor or melody that Celebrate gives, just dosen't!

Guest Pud Whacker
I adore GT but it does not have the catch factor or melody that Celebrate gives, just dosen't!

yeah, this one is a REPEATER!!!! :thumbsup:

i love get together. xo

and in my opinion too .. Get together was one of the highlight not only from the album but from the tour.... I don't the DVD did justice to what was the feeling of that song live

And I'm not knocking the MADONNA part of Celebrate. The melody and hook is slick and sweet and definitely what Madonna is all about. Oakenfold just didn't live up to it with his instrumental unfortunately.

I do like the song, I just feel like it could have been way more grand. The Benny mix was a step in the right direction. In any event I can't wait to see the video and/or performances of it.

Really? I think the vocals are very similar to 4 Minutes. The spoken word bit is a highlight, of course.

As for Get Together, it's on a par I'd say. GT has a better backing track (not that trance sound which I never liked) but Celebration's tune is easily as good.

Yeah, I love the high notes. The 'husky' sounding spoken part. Does it sound good to someone who's not a loon? I wouldn't know, but it's a very M sounding track vocally speaking, and I always welcome that.