MadonnaNation.com Forums
funkydita

Florence & The Machine

3 hours ago, Shane said:

HBHBHB is my favorite of her albums so far, but I love all three.

@Shane  Mine too!  Every track is perfection.  They really all are amazing though - she never disappoints.

The new album is great! Favourites on first listen are 100 Years and The End Of Love. 

2 hours ago, Musicinferno said:

The new album is great! Favourites on first listen are 100 Years and The End Of Love. 

Good to hear- can't wait to hear it in full tomorrow!

Listening now! 

I like the new album a lot.  A lot of beautiful slow songs with heartfelt lyrics.  These hushed songs quietly and steadily grow on you.  Meanwhile, Hunger, Patricia, and 100 Years are classic dramatic Florence that I love instantly. 

2 hours ago, Shane said:

I like the new album a lot.  A lot of beautiful slow songs with heartfelt lyrics.  These hushed songs quietly and steadily grow on you.  Meanwhile, Hunger, Patricia, and 100 Years are classic dramatic Florence that I love instantly. 

Great to hear! I'm away on vacation and planning a private listening party when I get back Tuesday. 

I’m going to listen to the new album when I have a chance. I see that a lot of people like their music.

Their previous album HBHB was in my opinion their best album. Fantastic songs, great arrangements. So I'm a little disappointed by the new album that seems a little soft and having melodies similar to some of their other songs. However, Florence has never sung as well as on this album. Less power, more nuances.

The album is not bad. But I like her previous albums more. Sometimes her voice gets on my nerves.

After a few listens, I am officially in love and obsessed with this album!  I don't know if it surpasses HB, HB, HB for me but it's certainly beautiful and brilliant.  Yes the songs are not as immediate as some of her past work, but they slowly seep in and they all strike an emotional chord in some way.  This album deserves to be listened to in a dark room with just you and your headphones to truly appreciate the intricacies of the lyrics and melodies.   They have done it again!

23 hours ago, Mooncrown11 said:

After a few listens, I am officially in love and obsessed with this album!  I don't know if it surpasses HB, HB, HB for me but it's certainly beautiful and brilliant.  Yes the songs are not as immediate as some of her past work, but they slowly seep in and they all strike an emotional chord in some way.  This album deserves to be listened to in a dark room with just you and your headphones to truly appreciate the intricacies of the lyrics and melodies.   They have done it again!

That´s how I feel about it - HBHBHB is one of my favourite albums of all time, so I don´t feel this one is on par or superior, it´s just different and I love a lot of the songs.

I say :

Great are: June, Hunger, Big God, Grace, 100 Years, The End Of Love, No Choir.

Good: The rest.

I want to listen to it all the time and I´m so looking forward to the tour!!