MadonnaNation.com Forums
funkydita

Florence & The Machine

I really, really like it. Need a few more listens to diver deeper into it, but it's a solid record!

"Queen Of Peace" is awesome!

The album is #1 both in the UK and the US. In the US it sold 128,000 copies.

She deserves this #1! Good for them

Love the album!! I have multiple copies of the tracks because iTunes fucked up again :chuckle:

Screen_Shot_2015_06_14_at_5_08_14_PM.png

Anyone have the two Target exclusive bonus tracks? I want to get them!

I'm liking the new album on first few listens, looking forward to seeing them live next month

She headlined Glastonbury yesterday. It got mixed reactions online, with some people saying she was horrible. But I still love her. I guess her voice is an acquired taste.

Seeing her live for the second time tonight :D

She's amazing.

Oh I like her!

Her take care>>>>drake's

I leave this here

if you put aside the length and 2 words forgotten

:queenbitch:

She's an M loon

For "Dog Days," they locked themselves in the studio, stood on chairs and listened to "Like a Prayer" on high volume, made a bunch of harp noises on a keyboard and tapped radiators for drum sounds. "We used to try to write a hit in half an hour, from scratch," says Summers.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/florence-welch-the-good-witch-20111124#ixzz4677kJ0MT

And before her 2010 VMAs performance she said she was watching M's Like A Virgin performance on repeat for inspiration.

She's an M loon

For "Dog Days," they locked themselves in the studio, stood on chairs and listened to "Like a Prayer" on high volume, made a bunch of harp noises on a keyboard and tapped radiators for drum sounds. "We used to try to write a hit in half an hour, from scratch," says Summers.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/florence-welch-the-good-witch-20111124#ixzz4677kJ0MT

And before her 2010 VMAs performance she said she was watching M's Like A Virgin performance on repeat for inspiration.

Had no idea.

Makes her even better ;)

She's fucking everything. I've always and will always love her! Complete amazingness! Her last two albums are both masterpieces!

She's fucking everything. I've always and will always love her! Complete amazingness! Her last two albums are both masterpieces!

I hate how the tour is so debut + new album heavy. Ceremonials is my favorite :(

I hate how the tour is so debut + new album heavy. Ceremonials is my favorite :(

I haven't checked the setlist. I love the debut record but as a whole, it's a bit scattered and not as conceptual as ceremonials and how big...I'm sure it doesn't effect my opinion of the show as I actually love love love her first album too. I do think how big is her best album and she's gotten better with each release! Can't wait for the film

Omg the Odyssey made me cry on the subway yesterday. I can't wait to see her June 15th! I love her so much. She's a treasure in today's popular music. Bless her for having such a beautiful unique style and understanding who she is as an artist. How Big is such an INCREDIBLE album. I just think I'm gonna cry during the whole concert.

Her music really impacts my soul and lifts me up. 😪😪😪😪

All of them!

Just bumping to say that, for me, How Big is officially my favorite Florence album.

Because it's her best yet!

Oh yes, How Big.... is definitely their best yet!

1001025_572884599528687_9123014643245240

I saw her at Lollapalooza earlier this year. Totally awesome and delicate as an angel!

She just released three new songs from the soundtrack of Final Fantasy XV. One is a cover of Stand By Me.

Anyone else excited for the new album next week?  Florence Welch is such a force of nature- I can't wait!!

45 minutes ago, Mooncrown11 said:

Anyone else excited for the new album next week?  Florence Welch is such a force of nature- I can't wait!!

I’m excited but the songs aren’t grabbing me like every other album did! I’m still gonna listen and probably love it! 

52 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I’m excited but the songs aren’t grabbing me like every other album did! I’m still gonna listen and probably love it! 

Yes I understand- they are a little quieter and not as dynamic but they really grow on you and seep in.  Her lyrics and delivery really make you feel something.  They definitely need quiet listening with headphones to truly appreciate.  Here's a great interview where she explains some of the inspirations for creating the album.

I’m also not LOVING the new songs. I really like them, but they’re so much more.....toned down for her. I guess I like my Florence to be bombastic.  

Still love everything about her and I’ll of course listen to the album. Nothing she does is “bad” by any means at all. 

I think Hunger fits right in with her previous style.  I can't wait for the whole album!  HBHBHB is my favorite of her albums so far, but I love all three.