MadonnaNation.com Forums
funkydita

Florence & The Machine

Seeing as there was a little bit of love shown for the album in the Multimedia section I thought I'd start a thread in here for her.

Here are two performances from last week's T4 On The Beach, embedding has been disabled so you'll need to click on the links:

You've Got The Love

Dog Days

The album is amazing. The latest single 'Rabbit Heart' is surely one of the singles of the year. Her entire set from this years glastonbury is on youtube, go wtach it, its amazing.

i was at glastonbury and she was the best thing there! absolutley stunning set and the crowd were wild! 'cosmic love' and 'my boy builds coffins' are great

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Just heard the album, cool stuff. Reminds me of 'Bat For Lashes' a bit in parts.

I was DOING MY HEAD in trying to figure out where Dog Days Are Over was from, and after much THOUGHT and DISTRESS, i remembered it plays during the DVD menu on SKINS season 1!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove:

She truly is all kinds of amazing. I hope she wins all of the major awards over that CUNT La Roux.

The entire album is amazing especially the singles, "Cosmic Love", "Howl", "I'm Not Calling You A Liar", and "My Boy Builds Coffins". I couldn't love Florence Welch more. :thumbsup:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

:lmao: @ all the poofs being up La Roux's asshole not long ago, then her album drops and now everyone thinks she's crap.

HOWL is magic :inlove:

Well, La Roux's album dropped, and was completely lackluster. The best stuff had already leaked long before.

As for this Florence.. most of it hasn't stuck with me.

what is the next single?

"Drumming Song" - purely mesmerizing. :inlove:

"Drumming Song" - purely mesmerizing. :inlove:

I've just seen the video today, it's great, she's in a CHURCH with four dancers and showing off her fagulous legs.

I love Drumming...but I would've thought that 'Cosmic Love' was up next. Either way 'Drumming' is technically the 4th single (5th if 'You've Got The Love' is counted). Not bad for a record that has only been out for barely a month.

I've just seen the video today, it's great, she's in a CHURCH with four dancers and showing off her fagulous legs.

Now THAT I need to see! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now THAT I need to see! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's good, oh and it's directed by Dawn Shadforth and out at the beginning of September.

Guest Drowned Bedtime

REALLY good album. Glad it's up for the Mercury award.

I love Drumming...but I would've thought that 'Cosmic Love' was up next. Either way 'Drumming' is technically the 4th single (5th if 'You've Got The Love' is counted). Not bad for a record that has only been out for barely a month.

Alot of the time with new artists who pick up after the 3rd or 4th single they will go back and release the debut single and perhaps even the second again, I wonder if this could happen as it would be cool to see her sell shitloads of albums.

where is the video then???

Alot of the time with new artists who pick up after the 3rd or 4th single they will go back and release the debut single and perhaps even the second again, I wonder if this could happen as it would be cool to see her sell shitloads of albums.

where is the video then???

I don't know if the video's been playlisted anywhere yet, I saw it in work.

She's already done really well though, the fastest selling debut album of the year, over 63k sold in the first week, she must be close to 100k by now. Must say the record company have played this campaign really well.

When I was in London there were posters everywhere at the tube stations, couldn't miss them.

Dawn Shadforth has done some great vids, can't wait to see.

When I was in London there were posters everywhere at the tube stations, couldn't miss them.

Dawn Shadforth has done some great vids, can't wait to see.

You should have popped in, for a nice cup of tea.

I don't know if the video's been playlisted anywhere yet, I saw it in work.

She's already done really well though, the fastest selling debut album of the year, over 63k sold in the first week, she must be close to 100k by now. Must say the record company have played this campaign really well.

where do you work may I ask!?

You should have popped in, for a nice cup of tea.

Oh, tea you say? :D I loved the city though, had never been there before. I will definitely go back one day, or would even think about living there if it weren't so expensive.

where do you work may I ask!?

I was gonna ask the same thing :doofus:

some sort of TELEVISION BIGWIG

Oh hardly, not even a clip on ponytail, let alone BIGWIG.

I work at Channel 4 and tend not to divulge details because I'm well aware of how cunty it sounds and because I'm ever so slightly paranoid as it's not really the done thing to be posting shit on internet forums.

You are such a fucking wind-up merchant GSM. ;)

Oh, tea you say? :D I loved the city though, had never been there before. I will definitely go back one day, or would even think about living there if it weren't so expensive.

Having been here for so long (ugh 15 fucking years - how did that happen?) I've sort of lost perspective on what's expensive. Out of interest, what in particular struck you as expensive? Where are you from in the US? Maybe we can do a swap.

Having been here for so long (ugh 15 fucking years - how did that happen?) I've sort of lost perspective on what's expensive. Out of interest, what in particular struck you as expensive? Where are you from in the US? Maybe we can do a swap.

Well, I guess it wouldn't be so expensive if the dollar wasn't such shit, the exchange rate is awful. I live about 1/2 hour outside of NYC.

You work @ Channel 4? I went past the HQ (I guess). The umbrella logo was really cool.

I have a friend who works in the design department at C4 (I wont be banding their name round on here haha) I work freelance, though mainly for one magazine.

Well, I guess it wouldn't be so expensive if the dollar wasn't such shit, the exchange rate is awful. I live about 1/2 hour outside of NYC.

You work @ Channel 4? I went past the HQ (I guess). The umbrella logo was really cool.

NYC is the one place I really wish I'd have lived for a while, I still think about it but it's too late for that at my age, do you visit often?

That is our HQ so you really should have popped in. It's a strange place for you to be passing, it's really in the middle of nowhere but I often see tourists, what brought you there?

The big 4 is cool, it mirrors the channel's idents in that only see it's a 4 from a certain angle. The structure is a metal skeleton and different artists are commissioned to decorate it; the umbrellas are certainly the best so far, you should have a look online at some of the others if you can find them.

I have a friend who works in the design department at C4 (I wont be banding their name round on here haha) I work freelance, though mainly for one magazine.

The design department is quite small (as is Channel 4 really) so I must know them; how weird. Do you do graphic design for the magazine (and is it one we'd know?)