A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music

Guest Borderline

Guest Danny86
Also, the fact that they're releasing a single and double CD set pays heed to the suggestion that she only has a few memorable songs. I wonder whether they will chart separately, thus denying her a number 1 album.

No, I don't think so, Warner knows many people would only want ONE disc of Madonna hits, regardless if that's a blasphemy and that you can't make a good 1 disc M compilation. TIC is deleted so they need to fill that gap. Of course the 1 CD version won't have the PERFECT and ACCLAIMED tracklist that TIC had. :gent:

I also wonder about the chart thing, I know they chart deluxe editions separately now in the UK, so...

I also wonder about the chart thing, I know they chart deluxe editions separately now in the UK, so...

I remember Kylie's Ultimate Flop had the CD and DVD sales included in its overall tally but Warners fucked up with IGTTYAS, breaking her unblemished run of top 10 albums.

I don´t like it: I think the idea is good, that warhol thing, but it looks cheap

Exactly and the font is very current, this won't be an iconic album cover.

I like the idea, but it's badly executed.

I'd be interested to see what Robster thinks about it... can't imagine any Photoshop pro would dig it.

Guest Danny86
Even if the DVD doesnt include all her videos, its nice to see that one is actually being released

Yeah, the DVD is definitely a great surprise! :thumbsup:

I guess it's impossible that they would release a compilation of her 50 videos, but it could still be a cool DVD. I will be mostly the TIC DVD videos (since it's deleted as well) and the Music/COADF/HC videos, but what unreleased stuff? Would Madonna herself want "JML", "Erotica" or even "AL"?

Also, will "Hollywood" be ignored because of the lawsuit? If I'm not wrong it was not even shown on tv anymore after that...

I wouldn't say it's original - it's very now in it's styling - I mean T-shirts in this punky style have been around for a couple of years with the pink and yellow. Even the London Olympics original logo is from the same style.

It wouldn't have been the first shot of her I would have chosen but I am just pleased that they seem to be putting in lots of effort to promote the whole package. I hope there is a vinyl LP of it though.

i think they were refering to videos that were never released on DVD/VHS. like deeper and deeper, erotica, don't tell me, i'll remember, who's that girl, true blue, everybody.

dont expect the unseen holiday video or die another day S&S version.

Guest Danny86
I remember Kylie's Ultimate Flop had the CD and DVD sales included in its overall tally but Warners fucked up with IGTTYAS, breaking her unblemished run of top 10 albums.

I remember that, but that's even worse, because they were identical releases, just different cases... Now it would be two different tracklists, would look really weird if 2 Celebrate's charted... :confused:

immaculate and ghv2 were deleted?

since when?

Since this week, both were deleted from all iTunes except USA. Online stores also removed them and TIC DVD is out of stock even in US Amazon as well.

I wouldn't say it's original - it's very now in it's styling - I mean T-shirts in this punky style have been around for a couple of years with the pink and yellow. Even the London Olympics original logo is from the same style.

It wouldn't have been the first shot of her I would have chosen but I am just pleased that they seem to be putting in lots of effort to promote the whole package. I hope there is a vinyl LP of it though.

I think it's very original in terms of a GH cover. Normally you would expect something very airbrushed and 'perfect' looking. This is the opposite. I really love it.

I remember that, but that's even worse, because they were identical releases, just different cases... Now it would be two different tracklists, would look really weird if 2 Celebrate's charted... :confused:

They may be doing it as a marketing ploy, hoping that they'll debut at numbers 1 and 2 so they can run with headlines about her making chart history.

Yeah, the DVD is definitely a great surprise! :thumbsup:

I guess it's impossible that they would release a compilation of her 50 videos, but it could still be a cool DVD. I will be mostly the TIC DVD videos (since it's deleted as well) and the Music/COADF/HC videos, but what unreleased stuff? Would Madonna herself want "JML", "Erotica" or even "AL"?

Also, will "Hollywood" be ignored because of the lawsuit? If I'm not wrong it was not even shown on tv anymore after that...

That's probably because nobody cares about the song, not because of a lawsuit!

I'm not expecting anything on the DVD except stuff like Deeper and Deeper and Everybody that never made it to other compilations. Still, a much more positive vibe about this project than GHV2 which seemed like Madonna was dragged kicking and screaming to do any promotion by Warner's. :thumbsup:

Since this week, both were deleted from all iTunes except USA. Online stores also removed them and TIC DVD is out of stock even in US Amazon as well.

thanks for the info!

The cover for “Celebration” was created by street pop artist “Mr. Brainwash” who is best known for “throwing modern cultural icons into a blender and turning it up to eleven.”

That quote is right up with Spinal Tap's speakers going to eleven. Not ten. Eleven!

Guest Danny86
That's probably because nobody cares about the song, not because of a lawsuit!

:lol: Could be! But I recall some MTV Europe retrospective, or some top 10 poll by viewers back in 2003-2004 and they stated that they cannot play the video, not sure about this. "LP" was shown on VH1 for a long while, so was the flag "AL" video, so it was not exactly a case of "not caring".

What about "AL"? Let's not forget it was PULLED from IMGTTYAS video even though Warner officially announced it! Would Madonna use the "threatening my children" excuse again?

I think it's fucking sexy she used Mr. Brainwash, a post-Warhol graffiti artist who makes statements about cultural icons doing THE biggest icon today.

That said I'm not too crazy for it aesthetically, it seems a bit... Amateur in a way. But I love that it's unexpected and she didn't go the glam boring route.

Edited by Disco Crucifix

I like it. I love the idea -I think it could have been executed slightly better. I think the problems come from the two photo thing -you can never quite make that work. I don't like the way her chin has been cropped and there's a bit too much forehead. It looks a bit housewife-ish somehow. But I love the colours, love the face shot, and I like the fact she used this artist.