A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music

Guest Borderline

Normally I don't complain too much about anything Madonna does but I would not have choosen that as the albums cover. It's not the most flattering shot.

I wonder if Deeper and Deeper will finally get a video release? I can't imagine the banana eating scene being too controversial now. Burning Up has also not been released on DVD. I doubt we will get any film soundtrack videos.

2 CD set though is good news.

As for the cover, out of all the shots of her that could have been used, it wouldn't have been my first choice but there we go. However, it wouldn't surprise me if there are more than one cover at least for the two different CDs.

Why the fuck does her official website focus on her US chart stats.

I know, they should tally them all up in a more impressive way, e.g. "60 international top 40 singles" or something.

I must admit I find it confrontational and almost abrasive if its the album cover. I expexted something more light. Wow. Ballsy in any case.

I agree 100%.

There is something almost trashy about it. It's like album art for a punk record. It's very downtown NYC art scene (circa early 80's) which may be the point.

My first reaction is that its very memorable. However, it's not as polished as her previous covers.

Warner is gonna hit the mark with this I can feel it...!

*much exite*

Love the cover...

Told u Everybody was gonna b there..there's just no way 4 it not 2 b included in her story... :fag:

A “Celebration” Of Madonna Music - The Ultimate Greatest Hits Collection September 28th Release

July 22, 2009 - For Immediate Release (Burbank, California) Madonna, who has racked up a record 37 top 10 hits as well as seven No. 1 albums (including her last four) on the Billboard Pop Charts, has given her fans yet another opportunity to “celebrate” her musical achievements. Today, Warner Bros. Records officially confirmed the September 28th release of “CELEBRATION” – the ultimate compilation of Madonna songs. The songs on “Celebration” have all been remastered and selected by Madonna and her fans. They cover the expanse of the Material Girl’s extraordinary career of hits including “Everybody,” “Express Yourself,” “Vogue” and “4 Minutes.” “Celebration” will be available in a two-CD set as well as a single CD. There will also be a “Celebration” DVD released simultaneously which includes the video visionary’s best videos including several that have never before been available on DVD.

“Celebration,” the CD will also include two new songs that were recently recorded in New York City. The first single, also titled, “Celebration,” co-produced by Madonna and Paul Oakenfold, will be released August 3rd. A video for the single, which will be included on the “Celebration” DVD was just filmed in Milan, Italy and was directed by long time Madonna collaborator Jonas (“Ray of Light”) Akerlund. Several dance club remixes of “Celebration” are headed to the clubs on July 24th. The song will also be available on CD and vinyl maxi. Radio will receive the “Celebration” single on August 3rd.

The cover for “Celebration” was created by street pop artist “Mr. Brainwash” who is best known for “throwing modern cultural icons into a blender and turning it up to eleven.”

Madonna, a multi Grammy award winning singer, writer and producer has had over 12 No. 1 singles and has a record-smashing 39 No. 1 singles on Billboard’s Hot Dance Club Songs Chart – by far the most of any artist in the over 30 year history of the list.

Out the 29th....Out two days after the Mr.'s birthday!! A single disc, a double disc AND a DVD...Fucking fantastic!!!! let's face it - some casual fans are not going to want to shell out dough for a 2-disc. Plus I like the fact that we'll get two different curations of her music output.

and the cover....OMG!!

They added the cover now!!!

large.jpg

:dramatic:

SO AMAZING! I'm really pumped about this release. I fucking love compilations. People get sooo bitchy about what's included/excluded as if there should be a compilation for every person (there IS one - it's called 'get off your lazy duff and make one yourself via itunes with a CD burner!') but this is a reflection of what madonna and her peeps consider the best. 'Everybody', a non-hit single? COUNT ME IN! even if that means she has to skip a few of my faves.

I wasn't exactly IN LOVE with the song 'celebration' - the dub i mean - when i heard it, but i'm sure i'll be blaring it for months once Aug 3rd comes along. and the remixes! i bet this will be one of those rare times when the remixes outdo the production of the original song.

NEW MADONNA!

HEAVEN!!!

CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH!!!

Guest Danny86

With both a single and a double disc edition lined up, now it's clear why they are deleting TIC and GHV2.

It's interesting that the confirmed old songs in the press release once again are all dance tracks. Maybe the 1 CD version is ONLY dance hits?

Also, now that we know "Everybody" is there, I think we can forget about a LOT of other "real" hits, stuff like "This Used To Be My Playground".

I really hope that isn't the album cover, there's nothing original about it in the slightest. But great news about the DVD, hope it contains Justify My Love, Dress You Up abd Erotica.

Guest Danny86
I actually reallly like the cover. Although I suspect it's the single cover.

MadonnaTribe webmaster confirmed it's for the album CD and the DVD! :thumbsup:

Guest tir69

Great cover and great project , a lot of things to buy :

CD + 2 CD set ( I hope also for a vinyl release )

DVD

Single/Maxi cd

Single vinyl