A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music

Guest Borderline

Dance music is back in the US. It's just disguised as urban/hip-hop. Disturbia, Don't Stop The Music, The Way I Are, I Gotta Feeling, Fire Burning and many other songs are dance tracks with an urban feel to it. I think that this may actually be the best time to release it.

I was gonna say the same thing. A lot of urban music coming out lately has its foundations in dance music.

But Celebration from what I've heard so far is very old skool nineties house and not like the contemporary sound.

Still, the new style electro and urban pop songs may be enough for it to get air play.

Guest bulgar

according to anna, M will be shooting a video for 'revolver' soon. so both new songs will have videos :clap:

"yes a video is in plan already a month ago, thats been put on hold and they're about to go back on board."

Guest bulgar

more news from anna:

- "there's absolutely no intention to release 'broken' at this stage."

- the Benassi remix "is a good one and you'll soon understand why they chose it for the video. im guessing yall hear this one before the album version."

But Celebration from what I've heard so far is very old skool nineties house and not like the contemporary sound.

Still, the new style electro and urban pop songs may be enough for it to get air play.

I share your skepticism about "Celebration" benefiting from the current radio play given to "dance"-leaning acts like Lady Gaga.

I think radio feels that Lady Gaga and the like are still within the realm of a contemporary R&B and hip-hop sound. After all, the beats and rhythm tracks in most of those songs could easily be used in most contemporary R&B songs, and the vocals of Lady Gaga and her peers have what passes for an R&B sound (in the vein of a Christina Aguilera, at least). Plus, Lady Gaga is young and even considered "hot" by some, apparently.

In contrast, Madonna is older, does not have anything like a contemporary R&B-style singing voice (thank goodness!), and the beats and production of a song like "Celebration" are much more Euro-disco and not R&B or hip-hop (again, thank goodness!).

So, if "Celebration" does become a radio hit in the US, it would most likely be because it's just an outstanding song in its own right--or because radio has decided to re-embrace Madonna (in the wake of the Michael Jackson death), or because some other factor, I believe.

Guest harbors
according to anna, M will be shooting a video for 'revolver' soon. so both new songs will have videos :clap:

"yes a video is in plan already a month ago, thats been put on hold and they're about to go back on board."

FAINT! :dramatic:

more news from anna:

- "there's absolutely no intention to release 'broken' at this stage."

- the Benassi remix "is a good one and you'll soon understand why they chose it for the video. im guessing yall hear this one before the album version."

Can anna give us any tracklist news for the album?

the copycats are forgetting that what makes the original cover artsy and good is that it takes two pictures and an artistic eye to make something good.

Most of these covers you are seeing are fans just having some fun. No one is trying to be a "copy cat". In the end, they are just showing their own vision and appreciation for Madonna.

Guest Pud Whacker
They all sucks.The original is WAAAAAAAY better.

and totally to what alessandro said.

but this one made me laugh and is great just for that - a laugh.

34rbytg.jpg

----------

remmeber the american life times when everyone was putting two red stripes over everything including pictures of themselves? i think this is going to have the same effect.

also, i love that madonna album covers still great such strong reactions in a time when cd's are practically dead.

I don't know if this is real, but someone sent me this. They claim this is the back of the cd with the track listing.

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu156/b...EAROFFICIAL.jpg

I don't know if this is real, but someone sent me this. They claim this is the back of the cd with the track listing.

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu156/b...EAROFFICIAL.jpg

I believe it's been confirmed as fake as it's been posted here before. But thanks!! In fact, I think it's one of the best track lists so far, but I would be surprised if "Lucky Star" and "Open Your Heart" would be omitted. But who knows?

These fan made ones are such shit :lmao:

Apart from the BOTTLE BLOWJOB one of course :queenbitch:

They shoulda made one with Madonna eating Tony Ward's ass? LOL

They shoulda made one with Madonna eating Tony Ward's ass? LOL

I'm sure someone is doing it as we speak :rotfl:

And by doing it I mean creating a fake cover not eating Tony Ward's delicious hole as I know 99.9% of us would want to.