A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music

Guest Borderline

Why the fuck does her official website focus on her US chart stats when her career there is OVER. :rolleyes:

And that cover is DISAPPOINTING.

Agreed. I hope that cover is for the single and not the album artwork. Madonna is MADONNA, not Marilyn Monroe.

Couldn't they afford to do a new photo shoot for the new album?

Couldn't they afford to do a new photo shoot for the new album?

OBVIOUSLY the point was to do this Warhol-esque pop art mashup that CELEBRATES Madonna's career. And I think it works. Def not what I expected. But that's a good thing. I wonder if its one of many.

I kinda both LOVE and well..not love that album cover lol.Its def very eye catching, retro, gritty, and has iconic tinges to it , yet it also looks like a 65 year old woman from the Northeast who now lives in Miami Beach, FL, goes to the beach every day and is baked from all the sun LOL! Seems people are gonna either love it or hate it - no in between. Anyways whatever it is, I cant stop looking at it - its waaaaay better than the Hard Candy album cover.

It's ok. Not wild about it (which is usually the case with 80% of her covers it seems). But, it fits and it's cleverly done for what she's releasing bringing the old and new things "together".

*so excited*

The songs on “Celebration” have all been remastered and selected by Madonna and her fans. They cover the expanse of the Material Girl’s extraordinary career of hits including “Everybody,” “Express Yourself,” “Vogue” and “4 Minutes.” “Celebration” will be available in a two-CD set as well as a single CD. There will also be a “Celebration” DVD released simultaneously which includes the video visionary’s best videos including several that have never before been available on DVD

PERFECT!! Can't wait to see and hear all the new and unreleased things!!! GO MADONNA!!! :thumbsup:

OBVIOUSLY the point was to do this Warhol-esque pop art mashup that CELEBRATES Madonna's career. And I think it works. Def not what I expected. But that's a good thing. I wonder if its one of many.

OBVIOUSLY it's regurgitated crap. No originality whatsoever. Much like Britney.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I actually really love it. I'm glad it wasn't some boring new photoshoot. Greatest Hits packages always looks so samey and dull, did you see that fucking ugly George Michael 25 years compilation? so SHIT.

Imagine seeing this cover stuck on the side of a massive building. It would look kick ass!

i am soooo in love with it!!!

M/Warner surely are getting up to date now with design!

And Madonna surely is getting back to her 80's art roots. 1st it was Keith Haring in S&S. And Now it Warhol with Celebration (well, Warhol wasnt 80's, but you know what i mean....)

AHHHHHHH!!!!!

I really love it!!!

It's so rad, so different, so interesting!!!!! It's soooo Madonna!

And Moe was right, it was a headshot! "Good going stranger."

im sorry, but screw the haters lol-- I find this to be a verrry enticing album cover. Its visually edible, effective,and most def. draws you in to make you wanna buy the songs behind it. Though I see why some people would maybe have some beef w/ the eye shadow lol - thats the WHOLE point - to look gritty, retro/punk like! 8-9/10 for me. totally does the job!

im sorry, but screw the haters lol-- I find this to be a verrry enticing album cover. Its visually edible, effective,and most def. draws you in to make you wanna buy the songs behind it/ I see why some people would maybe have some beef w/ the eye shadow lol, but thats the WHOLE point - to look gritty, retro/punk like! 8-9/10 for me. totally does the job!

Yeah I think I'm falling on the same side. After the initial shock, this is REALLY growing on me. It's eye popping for sure.

^They should have gone with a triple treat release like Prince's The Hits/The B-sides albums...he had 3 titles charting at the same time everywhere :fag:

And Warner/Madonna really must look at the forums, cause they ripped off my idea for a career spanning compilation.

1.png

I wanna know who did the cover. I dont think this could be Bianco, though the background is similar to the Miles Away cover. Anyways, if you look at the bottom right hand corner, theres a signature. I cant really make it out.......

"IT'S A CELEBRATION!"

wow, im so pysched for this compilation

Warner has got it good for once

Even if the DVD doesnt include all her videos, its nice to see that one is actually being released

and EVERYBODY is included!!!!!