S&S - Barcelona - 21st July '09

Guest gloriesbarcelona

Guest gloriesbarcelona

Tic Toc Tic Toc Tic Toc...

Time goes by so slowly for those who wait!

sst2009madridbcntg3.jpg

Estadio Olimpico De Barcelona

1239174633689_f.jpg

Barcelona is sold out magom!

:clap: GREAT! Sometimes other's Drama confuses me, I saw the other thread where they said Spain has had a hard time selling out.

Guest gloriesbarcelona
Wow, that's a big stadium, I wonder why's being so hard to sell out.

It has a full capacity of 55000 people, and it is sold out

1000px-Montjuic2.jpg

Guest Danny86

Looking a bit tired, probably because she worried a lot about the accident...

3743621591_00c0e20761_b.jpg

Before "You Must Love Me" she talked about the accident again.

She does look tired. I imagine the emotions from the accident and spending time with the familes have taken it's toll. :(

Guest boytoyville

After the first Spanish show in Barcelona Hard Candy has shot up the I-Tunes chart to # 15(Deluxe version) and #64 (Standard version).

Guest boytoyville

Yes she doesn look a bit tired but she doesn't look quite as tired when seeing her perform vs still pics from the show. Here is some HQ footage from a news station of the opening. She still looks like she is having a good time. She is a trooper and a fighter. LONG LIVE THE QUEEN OF POP!

Video:

Guest marcos

I SAW A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE FROM A SPANISH NEWS CHANNEL SAYING THAT THE CONCERT WAS NOT SOLD-OUT. " A PESAR QUE SUS FANS NO HA LLENADO EL ESTADIO"

HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE THERE? I GUESS IT WAS PRETTY CLOSE TO SOLD-OUT.

Yeah, definitely tired. :(

But, Girl "keeps on keeping on". She learned at five there's no other choice. Great photos!!!

Guest boytoyville
I SAW A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE FROM A SPANISH NEWS CHANNEL SAYING THAT THE CONCERT WAS NOT SOLD-OUT. " A PESAR QUE SUS FANS NO HA LLENADO EL ESTADIO"

It will most likely be reported a sellout. No one ever really knows until the boxscores are released. Bottom line is she sold a shit load of tickets to 3 Spanish Stadiums this second like and 2 the first time around. Spanish sales have been well and profitable bottom line.

The last two lines from the live clip are "Human Nature"-bad :scared:

it's a hard time for her

but she is more and more become the tool of politic.

wish she can get people's heart once again like this time win Argentina's heart. they are so lucky

but to China...and china maybe will the 21st's future..

I don't think she looks very happy in these clips. It seems like she's lacking emotion and that it's just a series of dance steps.

Well, she's touring longer than she ever has before, plus she just single-handedly killed two men in Marseille <insert sarcasm>.

This article says 45,000...

Madonna a hit in Barcelona

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publi...cle_22446.shtml

By h.b. - Jul 22, 2009 - 7:32 AM

Madonna in Barcelona - EFE

The 50 year old singer looked in as good form as ever

Madonna started her three date Spanish 2009 Sweet and Sticky Tour on Tuesday night in Barcelona with a spectacular two hour show in the Lluis Companys Stadium in the city.

45,000 fans crammed into the stadium to see a spectacular show which was the singer’s first performance in Cataluña for eight years.

There was even homage paid to Michael Jackson with a moonwalk from a look-alike. It was an extended version of the show first seen last year in Sevilla and Valencia and saw 12 musicians and 16 dancers on stage.

Fans were hardly bothered that she mixed up the words ‘Andalucia’ and ‘Transilvania’ in the song ‘Spanish Lesson’.

Madonna moves on to Madrid on Thursday and Zaragoza on Saturday.

But this article says 40,000....

http://www.canariasaldia.com/noticia.php?noticia_id=139048

The fact is that, as feared, it was not sold out but it was a good showing taking all matters into account. Reports vary from 40.000 to 45.000, so at least 10.000 tix were left unsold. I'm fearing worse results for Madrid tomorrow. Zaragoza promoter stated that Barcelona was the strongest seller among the spanish dates. Too many dates and expensive tickets. that`s it. See u tomorrow in Pista A¡¡¡¡¡

The fact is that, as feared, it was not sold out but it was a good showing taking all matters into account. Reports vary from 40.000 to 45.000, so at least 10.000 tix were left unsold. I'm fearing worse results for Madrid tomorrow. Zaragoza promoter stated that Barcelona was the strongest seller among the spanish dates. Too many dates and expensive tickets. that`s it. See u tomorrow in Pista A¡¡¡¡¡

ok:andalucia and transilvania? when????

anyway, 45.000 tickets sold it´s a lot! I´m sure the ones that were left were the worst ones! it´s normal that nobody wants them:I hope she goes back to the arenas.

and about zarazoza, it´s going to be half full, ot half empty...but it´s going to be great.I´m sure she´s not happy with it, but it´s normal, and it´s not her first time with a stadium semi-empty (Blond ambition in italy?)