Do we think the Oakenfold dub of Celebrate is better than any of the Stuart Price Confessions remixes?

markm

Both are different and excellent in their own right and I love both. But, I would pick Stewart if I had to pick one.

The Hollywood remix is killer!

I have to agree. The mix they used for the tour is just great. I know it's one of the remixes on the Maxi, but I forget the title.

As for the question, I really cannot compare. Both are quite different and have produce some great remixes. I really like Stuart because he really was able to take some of her classics on RIT and really work them out to sound amazing. I'm still hoping a full MATERIAL GIRL remix from that era will come out. I doubt it though.

Stuart is a much more talented producer/remixer. He's versatile, whereas all of Oakenfold's stuff sounds like a variation on the Big Brother theme tune.

Let It Will Be Paper Faces Remix is one of the BEST Madonna Remixes EVER.

That remix was the backbone behind that incredible Koko/Confessions Tour Live performance.

Yeah I told you that about four posts ago. Thin white duke is one of his monickers. I saw it available for download once and it had been mislabeled 'Think white duck mix' :lmao:

Wasn't it mislabelled Thin White Duck Mix on the CD too?

Anyway, Stuart's one of my all time favourite remixers and I don't think there's a single Oakenfold remix (M's or otherwise) that I've ever listened to more than once. I do quite like this dub and I'd say it's better than maybe SP's Miles Away and, um, Sorry remixes? SP's Hollywood, HU, LIWB and ILNY remixes (and Jump to a lesser extent) are immense and among her best, it'll take a lot to better those IMO.

Oh just looked it up, it's the Hollywood (Jacques Lu Cont's Thin White Duke Mix) song I was referring to earlier. It's probably my favorite Madonna mix from him.

Totally Agree

Guest Pud Whacker

i do find it interesting the way the fans were saying, its time for stuart to go. that seems to be the case when madonna has worked with someone on more than two projects. then when she moves on, they all want the last one back...