"Celebration"- Oakenfold 12'' DUB

neutrocks

Where are all the haters in this thread? Maybe they don't want to admit that they actually like what they hear after so loudly declaring that the song was garbage based on the 20-second clip :)

still utter crap for me

Where are all the haters in this thread? Maybe they don't want to admit that they actually like what they hear after so loudly declaring that the song was garbage based on the 20-second clip :)

Give them time. Not all of them have checked in since it leaked. Also, I suspect the majority of them are probably playing it a zillion times, sucking it up and then bam... all of a sudden it's time to pick it apart. Meanwhile, they are ready for something new, begging/hoping that it will be better.

Mark my words, this song will be sooooo old to them before it even hits the radio!! :confused:

It's a dub. Impossible to get a feel for the song at all based on this. We got more of a sense of what the song was like from that measly 20 second clip than this dub. It had the chorus after all.

You might wanna drop that smug attitude too btw :):):):):) x 100

it definitely brings flashbacks of my late 90s early 00s club days and that's a good thing.

its definitely not as fire island as i thought it would be. i love a good trance song and she really never released one before. it's extremely high energy and fun

i just hope her vocals are a little louder in the final version...i'm having trouble hearing my favourite voice in there

Guest beachboi-69
I said it sounds dated and although I think it's okay (kind of fun), I still think it sounds outdated (not in a good way). I'm not a damn hater :rolleyes:

:(

Edited by beachboi-69

Guest beachboi-69
it definitely brings flashbacks of my late 90s early 00s club days and that's a good thing.

its definitely not as fire island as i thought it would be. i love a good trance song and she really never released one before. it's extremely high energy and fun

i just hope her vocals are a little louder in the final version...i'm having trouble hearing my favourite voice in there

I agree... but it is a dub... I am glad there are even vocals. This is certainly good for a dub.

It's a dub. Impossible to get a feel for the song at all based on this. We got more of a sense of what the song was like from that measly 20 second clip than this dub. It had the chorus after all.

You might wanna drop that smug attitude too btw :) :) :) :) :) x 100

I don't have to drop anything, thanks :) I just found it odd that after so many people trashing the preview, there was next to no one in here trashing the latest leak, which actually features the entire chorus ("it's a celebration", "no more hesitation" etc.).

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
Again she's raised the bar for the rest!

What bar has she raised? i like the sounds of it too, but she's hardly raised any bars with it. It's very typically Oakenfold.

Why Can't we BE EXCITED about Madonna's new song?

After all we are in a Madonna board and we are Celebrating her new single, the fact that sounds off the hook and that Madonna is alive and still kicking it!

Carta and everybody show your excitement X 1,000000 and ignore the haters and downers!

It's a CELEBRATION! :thumbsup:

Oh I wasn't saying that people couldn't be excited. Personally I'm witholding my opinion til I hear the full song because that dub did zip for me. I was mainly getting on Carta for being so passive aggressively smug with EVERY post he makes as of late.

actually the little vocal snippets from the beginning sound like her otto days to me haha

love that!

the problem is....there was really only a short period of madonna's career where she was working with unknown producers...most of the time she used people that were bonafied hitmakers.

she just happened to score big time with mirwais and orbit (who was really nobody new to me and most people who listened to stuff aside from the radio at the time)

this is classic madonna....taking a sound a moving it up a notch by putting her vocals and delivery on it

i just hope there are some classic house sounding remixes in the lot to accentuate the my body your body part and put a darker bassline under it rather than the rainbow trancey poofness that it has...

she probably wanted a carefree high energy fun song to 'celebrate' her career with and that's what she created.

hung up was very different from the sometimes melancholy and ultimately romantic coad and this would probably be the lead single style of her next album to suck people in and then deliver her deeper messages and darker moments

This.

Guest BytheBay
Why Can't we BE EXCITED about Madonna's new song?

After all we are in a Madonna board and we are Celebrating her new single, the fact that sounds off the hook and that Madonna is alive and still kicking it!

Carta and everybody show your excitement X 1,000000 and ignore the haters and downers!

It's a CELEBRATION! :thumbsup:

This.

Oh I wasn't saying that people couldn't be excited. Personally I'm witholding my opinion til I hear the full song because that dub did zip for me. I was mainly getting on Carta for being so passive aggressively smug with EVERY post he makes as of late.

What? News to me. Perhaps you're confusing me with someone else, since I haven't actually posted all that much of late :confused:

while I think the dub is a VAST improvement from that <achem> VERY dated late 90s South Beach-esque circuity/ clubby remix lol sound - which seemed to be way more pronounced in that 20 sec clip, the dub at least has possible crossover/POP appeal! For me, itll ALL be about that voice and what she has to say and how she says it :)! I already deleted the dub and will gladly and patiently wait for the real deal to leak.

And apparently I'm a hater now? News to me.

You don't like what you've heard of the song - correct? I wasn't suggesting that you (or anyone else) hates everything. I was referring specifically to this particular song/leak/etc.

I still don't understand why you think that EVERY post I've made of late has been "passive aggressive". That's what I'm confused about. Why are you acting aggressively towards me?

What's the relevance of that image, BTW?

I don't hate the song. I feel like I've heard nothing so far. I'll form an opinion when I hear it in full.

I'm not acting aggressively towards you. I just think that you sometimes go overboard with your "haters" crusade. I think the biggest problem with this forum is that NO ONE is allowed to have their opinions anymore whether they are positive or negative. I guess it's the same way with all message boards though.

Really, though, I made one innocuous comment about how this thread seemed to be devoid of negativity (I probably shouldn't have used the word "haters" in hindsight and I certainly wouldn't have if I'd know that I'd be accused of being passive aggressive!) and that's basically the sum total of my comments on people being critical of Madonna lately. Of course, if you're referring to the dramas 18 months to two years or so ago, then I can see where you might think I'm on a "crusade"....but really, there are a lot more people around here who are far more vocal than I am about this, and I don't think discussions from last year and the year before count as "EVERY post" I've made "of late".

As you said, though, everyone's entitled to their opinion - positive and negative.

I said it sounds dated and although I think it's okay (kind of fun), I still think it sounds outdated (not in a good way). I'm not a damn hater :rolleyes:

None of us are. It's fucking stupid that we can't voice our opinion without people saying we're non-fans. Ridiculous.

Anyway, this dub is crap. But all dubs are crap. No reflection on the song.