New Single "Celebration" to hit Radio Soon

Guest ursaminorjim

Celebration will do really well.. it's above and beyond the drama of the last 8 years. it's the ultimate M song with the strength of her past behind it. Hung Up did so well coming off the back of American Life.. this will do much better and there's no further to go than #1.. this shit is gonna be big.. everyones gonna love it.. I'm soo excited!!

Is Madonna going to be dressing up like her older styles for the video? I've wanted to see her do that for a long time and now is the perfect time with this song as a celebration of her career. The person who was at the video only mentioned there being fans dressed as Frozen and Nothing Really Matters Madonna. Maybe she herself will do the others.

Is Madonna going to be dressing up like her older styles for the video? I've wanted to see her do that for a long time and now is the perfect time with this song as a celebration of her career. The person who was at the video only mentioned there being fans dressed as Frozen and Nothing Really Matters Madonna. Maybe she herself will do the others.

I think this theme is fine for this song. But I really hope Madonna ditches this "collect the personas and present them as performance" schtick soon. We got the idea with the 1999 MTV VMA's, it worked brilliantly with "Music" on the DWT, and now she's completely worn it out with "She's Not Me" on the S&S tour.

Let this be the final use of that idea. You need new ones, girl.

I think this theme is fine for this song. But I really hope Madonna ditches this "collect the personas and present them as performance" schtick soon. We got the idea with the 1999 MTV VMA's, it worked brilliantly with "Music" on the DWT, and now she's completely worn it out with "She's Not Me" on the S&S tour.

I AGREE...

I agree that she doesn't need to recycle this particular idea any more. (You're right -- the occasion is appropriate, but I don't know if it's necessary for this song's theme...)

I actually think the idea even got used (although with less exposure) for that MTV contest around the time of Music's release, as well. The dream commercial?

And, of course, I think it worked well for the underground/bootleg Aviddiva "Nobody Knows Me" exhaustive video montage. I think that was appropriate -- and kind of glad it stayed a fan-only 'product' -- hopefully someday it will be a nice little extra goodie on some release.

I'm not sure if you're saying the idea is tired in "She's Not Me" or if you're just saying that's the last credible time she'll be able to do it for a long while. I agree with the latter, but not the former. That's almost an epic performance -- love it. The ending brings the fierceness of CT's "Let It Will Be" -- has a slight flavor of nostalgia, but also thumbs her nose at it simultaneously. Well played.

Guest Madlover033003

i love this part

Put your arms around me

When it gets too hot we can go outside

But for now just come here, let me whisper in your ear

An invitation to the dance tonight

True, but I would love to see Madonna herself recreating her older looks rather than other people. Madonna of today doing Lucky Star, LAV, OYH, Vogue...

Guest Madlover033003
True, but I would love to see Madonna herself recreating her older looks rather than other people. Madonna of today doing Lucky Star, LAV, OYH, Vogue...

YES!

That would be awesome.

Madonna: New single "Celebration" is her best record in over a decade

A decent quality version of Madonna’s new single ‘Celebration’ has found its way to a select few listeners and even though it’s not in high quality, it still sounds better than anything Madonna has done in over a decade, which may not be saying much. Still, the song is a killer and not in a bad way.

You can hear her faintly talking at the beginning before declaring, “Come join the party, yeah!” Then she declares, “Let’s get this started, yeah!.” The lyrics are all cliché but Madonna is all about taking clichés and putting her own spin on them.. She has not sounded this inviting on a record since “Vogue.” If somebody said this song was recorded around 1990, it would be easy to believe.

The record sounds very retro, but also new and fresh. The bassline instantly grabs the listener in and doesn’t spit them out until the very end of the song. Some lyrics (“Step to the beat boy that’s what it’s for”) are a direct homage to her past songs – either that or she’s getting very lazy with her lyrics. In any case, I predict this record will land Madonna another top ten hit in the U.S (possibly number one if they get passed the “Don’t Play If Artist Is Over 40” law at radio.

Now that Mariah Carey is officially out of the Diva race since her first single “Obsessed” bombed, it’s officially Madonna versus Whitney Houston over the next few months.The critics will likely choose Whitney Houston because people love major comebacks, even if the music isn’t good. But Madonna will likely win over the listeners. In any case, we should not try to pit these two talented divas against each other and just be happy that they are still here making music.

http://www.examiner.com/x-15033-Memphis-Ce...n-over-a-decade

A decent quality version of Madonna’s new single ‘Celebration’ has found its way to a select few listeners and even though it’s not in high quality, it still sounds better than anything Madonna has done in over a decade, which may not be saying much

:rolleyes:

^That's yet again phillymonster with his typical diva comparisons he's obsessed with. :snore:

Actually this one is not by Daryl D, AKA Phillymonster. Nevertheless, it's still a trash article.

In any case, I predict this record will land Madonna another top ten hit in the U.S (possibly number one if they get passed the "Don't Play If Artist Is Over 40" law at radio.

this should be made more known to the public...

Guest Danny86
Actually this one is not by Daryl D, AKA Phillymonster. Nevertheless, it's still a trash article.

:lol: My bad! But I guess they only publish articles that have some diva bashing in them.

Guest Danny86

More news from Tribe!

Here are some more M's Greatest Hits related news for our readers.

The remixes for the first single off the package, Celebration, are signed by Benny Benassi, Chris Lake, Felguk, Johnny Vicious and of course the producer of the original track Paul Oakenfold. As for the special guest of the video we mentioned a few days ago, we can now report it's the lovely Lourdes Leon herself. Madonna's daughter will make her debut in her mum's Celebration music video.

We have also been told that Warner and Madonna's camp are very happy with the positive buzz surrounding Celebration and planning the release of the second single off the GH. Revolver, the second new song contained in the new compilation, will be released as the second single sometime in September 2009.

:wow:

Guest Danny86

Actually my guess is that "Revolver" will have some kinda animated video, by Marilyn Minter (who's responsible for the new "Candy Shop" background). Unless Madonna takes a day off between 2 shows in August and films something simple.

But it's nice to see that Warner finally realized it would be pointless to wait months for another single release. It could also mean that "Celebration" will not be a US single and they would release "Revolver" to radio after the tour ends...

Guest Pud Whacker

A decent quality version of Madonna's new single 'Celebration' has found its way to a select few listeners and even though it's not in high quality, it still sounds better than anything Madonna has done in over a decade, which may not be saying much. Still, the song is a killer and not in a bad way.

You can hear her faintly talking at the beginning before declaring, "Come join the party, yeah!" Then she declares, "Let's get this started, yeah!." The lyrics are all cliché but Madonna is all about taking clichés and putting her own spin on them.. She has not sounded this inviting on a record since "Vogue." If somebody said this song was recorded around 1990, it would be easy to believe.

The record sounds very retro, but also new and fresh. The bassline instantly grabs the listener in and doesn't spit them out until the very end of the song. Some lyrics ("Step to the beat boy that's what it's for") are a direct homage to her past songs – either that or she's getting very lazy with her lyrics. In any case, I predict this record will land Madonna another top ten hit in the U.S (possibly number one if they get passed the "Don't Play If Artist Is Over 40" law at radio.

Now that Mariah Carey is officially out of the Diva race since her first single "Obsessed" bombed, it's officially Madonna versus Whitney Houston over the next few months.The critics will likely choose Whitney Houston because people love major comebacks, even if the music isn't good. But Madonna will likely win over the listeners. In any case, we should not try to pit these two talented divas against each other and just be happy that they are still here making music.

:thumbsup:

More news from Tribe!

The remixes for the first single off the package, Celebration, are signed by Benny Benassi, Chris Lake, Felguk, Johnny Vicious and of course the producer of the original track Paul Oakenfold. As for the special guest of the video we mentioned a few days ago, we can now report it's the lovely Lourdes Leon herself. Madonna's daughter will make her debut in her mum's Celebration music video.

We have also been told that Warner and Madonna's camp are very happy with the positive buzz surrounding Celebration and planning the release of the second single off the GH. Revolver, the second new song contained in the new compilation, will be released as the second single sometime in September 2009.

I was so worried that this "era" would be brushed aside by Madonna to punish Warner for all their crap, but I must admit I am so happy that this is a full-throttle affair. Can't wait to see Lola dancing and YAY for "Revolver" getting a release!! This is going to be an interesting Autumn afterall!!!

Guest harbors
More news from Tribe!

:clap::clap:

WB finally make it right.