New Single "Celebration" to hit Radio Soon

Guest ursaminorjim

Guest CELEBRATE

Celebration Madonnas Greatest Hits CD is to include two new songs recently recorded in New York City. The first single, also titled, “Celebration,” co-produced by Madonna and Paul Oakenfold, will be released August 3rd. Paul will be debuting the "Celebration" single at Pacha in Ibiza this weekend.

Celebration Madonnas Greatest Hits CD is to include two new songs recently recorded in New York City. The first single, also titled, “Celebration,” co-produced by Madonna and Paul Oakenfold, will be released August 3rd. Paul will be debuting the "Celebration" single at Pacha in Ibiza this weekend.

1. This better not be the dub version.

2. Someone better get a really good recording of that shit and post it here!

Guest Danny86

It's the album version, here's what Stereomover posted:

Ok, sorry for keeping everyone in the dark.

I had to get clarification.

Paul Oakenfold has dibs on premiering the track (probably his own mix).

The track in its album form along with the remixes cannot be released (ahem, posted) until this happens.

Proabably a contractual claim.

So, it all depends on when and where Oakenfold decides to premiere this track.

That's why it was originally stated that the mixes were going out on the 24th.

They are waiting just a LITTLE bit longer, to give Paul a chance to do his premiere.

Most likely this weekend.

So, the remixes will be released soon.

Sorry if i got everyone excited and kept you in silence all day.

3. Make sure you are as far as you can get from screaming queens...

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

As long as that Benny remix is used SOMEWHERE! People need to hear it! video only, album only, whatever, release it!

Let's reminisce on Oakenfold when he was good

Thing is though, his production was done with Steve Osborne, so like with Pharrell and the other anonymous one from the Neptunes, he isn't half as good on his own

Guest dicktracy
I'm sure his mix will be on the maxi if anything. Penny pinching granny wouldnt commision a mix only not to use it.

:demonic:

Guest Danny86

Guy's Twitter:

leaving madrid shortly.. Last night Paul played new madonna song "celebration" remix in Ibiza... he will also play it today and every show..

I doubt this is just the Dub, that's already being played on radio, it has to be his full remix!

really? it was earlier reported to be Sept 14...

Well I know for sure, that it's released to British radio on August 3rd, but the Teletext article also said "released as a single on August 3rd".

Sept 14th is the physical release date for the "Celebration" single, while the GH is released 2 weeks later.

I just read on last.fm that the album version of Celebration is going to premiere on BBC Radio tonight. Can we get any conformation of this?

Can you post the link or quote the exact source?

The dub of Celebration was played on Pete Tong's show last night.

If the album version were to premiere on the BBC, it would be Radio 1. Tonight, Trevor Nelson and Westwood have shows, both are RnB/Hip-hop shows so I doubt it will be tonight.

Can you post the link or quote the exact source?

The dub of Celebration was played on Pete Tong's show last night.

If the album version were to premiere on the BBC, it would be Radio 1. Tonight, Trevor Nelson and Westwood have shows, both are RnB/Hip-hop shows so I doubt it will be tonight.

http://www.last.fm/music/Madonna

The last comment made on her last.fm page

madonnamusic22 wrote:

40 minutes ago

celebration album version premiers tonight on bbc radio ?

Guest Danny86

MTribe:

The new Madonna single has now an official release date for continental Europe. "Celebration" will hit the stores on Friday, September 11.

Warner Music Germany, which is also the manufacturer for the most part of the European release, announced the street date on their online website - the format for the new single at the moment is that of a Maxi CD.

Fans should not wait until mid-September to get a hold of the new Madonna track though, as the digital download will be available by the end of August in Germany (and most likely in the rest of the European market).

http://www.warnermusic.de/madonna/news/

It would be a mistake to wait until the end of august to release the digital single. It needs to be out in three weeks if not sooner. As soon as it hits the airwaves, people will be looking to get it.

It would be a mistake to wait until the end of august to release the digital single. It needs to be out in three weeks if not sooner. As soon as it hits the airwaves, people will be looking to get it.

Isn't the video coming out in late August too? Maybe they are trying to build it at radio a bit and then unleash the video and digital download together? I dunno.

Guest dicktracy

Warner wants to make money with the album so the single is a loss leader. They probably think they can manage a #1 single this time, sort of a Mariah style of promotion... release the song, then later the video and over a month later the digital track. It seems that this time they want it to chart well instead of selling well. 4 Minutes went to radio and for sale very close together, they didn't seem to care about it hitting #1.