S&S in Udine, Italy - July 16, 2009

markm

Guest Madximo
do they really do that? i find that kind of... weird. how did the tradition start? on some TV show??

I think it all started at the end of the 90s... I don't know... people now clap at public funerals of dead babies, of killed people, of soldiers... when the coffin is carried away usually...

I was 3 metres from the stage (in line with left loudspeakers) and it was the first time ever I could get that close to it. They divided the floor into 2 parts (A and B), so those having the A ticket were at the front.

I have to say the crowd was made up mainly of casual fans or curious people so I didn't see the excitement I saw in Rome last year from the entire floor. E.g. only a few people danced all the time (me included), whereas some others were there with their arms crossed and only taking pictures/videos of her when she approched us. It was quite a shy audience from what I saw; I suppose the real fans went to Milan because it was announced first. But still, it gave me the chance to be there under the stage :)

All the stadium was packed - I couldn't see empty space on the terraces all around so I guess it was not sold out but still selling strongly (consider she played Milan 2 days before with 55K people and she will play Ljubljiana 100km from here in August).

Madonna was professional as always and her voice sounded like it was in a good shape even during YMLM although she got really emotional and nearly bursted into tears again.

At last I got the chance to appreaciate the entire choreography and costumes - it was amazing!!

:thumbsup:

It's heartbreaking to see Madge in tears like that. :(:(

A very tough night for her - she must have had the courage of 1,000 women to perform that night!

It was a lovely stadium..kinda reminded me of the one in NICE..& the sound was much better then in Milano.

Anyway the local newspaper reported 2000 tickets were still available b4 the show..

that's 38.000 sold out of 40.000.

god that choreography kills me!!!! i LOVE it!!!

it's almost got a river dance vibe to it hahahaha

LOL SO TRUE!!!! I love how she incorporates other cultures dancing and music styles into her performances. We've seen Japaneze, Russian, Spanish, Scottish, and now Irish!! Am I missing any? :D

LOL SO TRUE!!!! I love how she incorporates other cultures dancing and music styles into her performances. We've seen Japaneze, Russian, Spanish, Scottish, and now Irish!! Am I missing any? :D

Gypsy?

what about other types of music like tango and salsa