Stage for Madonna's show in Marseilles collapses, two dead

Guest ursaminorjim

U2 pay tribute to Madonna and her crew

Fellow Live Nation act U2 played tribute during their Berlin show yesterday to the two members of Madonna's crew that died in the stage collapse earlier this week.

During 'Moment of Surrender' Bono paid special thanks to the magnificent 360 touring crew and added a tribute to those involved in the tragic accident on the Madonna tour in Marseille earlier in the week. 'This goes out to the Madonna crew....and to the good lady as well.'

From www.U2.com

Fellow Live Nation act U2 played tribute during their Berlin show yesterday to the two members of Madonna's crew that died in the stage collapse earlier this week.

During 'Moment of Surrender' Bono paid special thanks to the magnificent 360 touring crew and added a tribute to those involved in the tragic accident on the Madonna tour in Marseille earlier in the week. 'This goes out to the Madonna crew....and to the good lady as well.'

From www.U2.com

GREAT :thumbsup:

Bono love M,last year he came to her show at Nice .

From www.U2.com

That's sweet of him.

Guest BytheBay
Yeah you're really funny, you asshole..why dont you say that to my face so I can punch the shit out of you instead of using the internet to be a prick you coward.

while the joke was tasteless at best, your response is no better. unless it was ur family member who was hurt in the accident, you are completely overreacting. and if it was ur family member, i would think u woudl have better things to do than hanging out on a madonna message board at this point.

some "fans" can be such overreacting, dramatic, negative queens

all that matters is the work of a great artist, who has entertained millions for so long. and when such events happen, show some humanity and shut upif you are going to try to imagine what goes on in her head, and please please please don't try to give advice on how she should react or cope

this message was adressed to some trollies in this thread

it could've happened on any tour !!

yes, but it has happened now, she is indirectly responsible. she is indirectly linked to the cause of death.

this will not sit lightly on her soul.

she has become a sensitive caring woman in the last few years.

Guest BytheBay
yes, but it has happened now, she is indirectly responsible. she is indirectly linked to the cause of death.

this will not sit lightly on her soul.

she has become a sensitive caring woman in the last few years.

overdramatic much? this will not sit lightly on her soul?

good grief people....

Madonna Meets Family Of Stage Collapse Victim

US pop star Madonna has flown into the French city of Marseille to visit the family of a stage hand who was killed in an accident while preparing her concert.

The black-clad singer landed at Marseille-Marignane airport and sped off with a bodyguard in a black Mercedes.

They went to meet the family of 52-year-old Charles Criscenzo who died along with a 23-year-old Briton when part of the singer's stage collapsed.

Eight more workers who were preparing the city's Stade Velodrome for the concert were injured when a crane toppled over and the section of stage fell.

Madonna is travelling to two Marseille hospitals to see three workers who remain in care since the incident on Thursday.

One of the patients is an American in a serious condition, according to health officials.

Madonna brought her two adopted children with her, but they left the airport in another car.

The mayor's special events deputy Maurice Di Nocera said: "Madonna wanted to come and visit those injured and the families of those killed.

"She wanted something private and discreet."

The star is not allowed to visit the Stade Velodrome because an inquiry into the accident has begun.

The investigation by French prosecutors could lead to manslaughter charges.

In particular, they are looking at a possible error in how the stage roof had been raised, a judicial official said.

A stage technician, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the roof would normally have been hauled into place by four motors, but one of these had been replaced on Thursday by the crane that collapsed.

The concert has been cancelled. Madonna's next tour date is a sell-out gig in Barcelona's Olympic Stadium.

From Sky News.

capt.3ae31fdd629f41808d2e463941692a7b.fr

capt.0314d3e569fa4727bb1088a40aece221.fr

US singer Madonna surrounded by her bodyguards, leaves the Marseille Marignane Airport, southern France, Sunday July 19, 2009. Madonna visited some of the eight workers who were injured in the accident in which two workers were killed while preparing a stage for her concert in Marseille, which was then cancelled. The next stop on her tour is in Barcelona, Spain on Tuesday.

capt.94b0b01144dc452d87a74dd2937088b2.fr

r1597163084.jpg

US pop star Madonna leaves a hospital in the French city of Marseille after visiting technicians injured when part of her concert stage collapsed, killing two workers, July 19, 2009.

capt.fc5e16dbc4ad410f8569fa6217f9d5a6.fr

capt.7e2d40be95f04f3b8f5c3d6d68732b95.fr

US singer Madonna , centre, hugs the widow of a French worker who was killed Thursday while assembling a music stage for the singer, Sunday July 19, 2009, in front of the widow's house in Aix-en-Provence, near Marseille, southern France. Madonna visited some of the eight workers who were injured in the accident in which two workers were killed while preparing a stage for her concert in Marseille, which was then canceled. The next stop on her tour is in Barcelona, Spain on Tuesday.

a very good move

and yes she looks gorgeous, shame on me, but she does!

i am reading comments on french news sites and they are mostly positive. i hope kabbalah doesn't have anything to with it

what happened is sad, i wished i could say shit like bless and crap but i am atheist , i feel sad just the same

I just think this tour was a bad idea, its cursed now.

Purely superstition and such thoughts only fester more negativity. I am sure there are plenty of fans who think the extension was a great idea (such as those in Finland and Israel among others). Even a tragedy as great as this shouldn't diminish all the enjoyment so many fans have experienced on this tour.

Guest boytoyville
Purely superstition and such thoughts only fester more negativity. I am sure there are plenty of fans who think the extension was a great idea (such as those in Finland and Israel among others). Even a tragedy as great as this shouldn't diminish all the enjoyment so many fans have experienced on this tour.

:clap::clap::clap:

It was a very sweet and kind thing for her to offer her sympathies to the families personally.

Now, can I just say OMFG look at her face! She looks just like herself and the cheeks look normal! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REMAIN LIKE THIS!