Mis-heard Madonna lyrics

Bill

Guest ursaminorjim

It's not necessarily a conversation, though. Yes, she's giving a litany about how this guy's done her wrong, but there's no indication she's saying this to him while in his presence. But in the pre-chorus bit, she could be expressing her point of view w/r/t everything she's just said. She's the one trying to understand they dynamic of the relationship - she has given herself completely, but this guy keeps holding back. It doesn't make any sense to her, and it's causing her anguish and doubt. By addressing all this to him, she's seekng a resolution (lyrically, it doesn't really stop the flow, as she's moved on to another part within the song - the flow's already interrupted).

But like I said, either way works. :lol:

Madonna sings "Beauty's where you find it" several times in the later half of Vogue, and she sings it very quickly. I could never understand what she was saying so I just sang along "X'cuse me faggot".

And on Future Lovers I used to think she was singing "Gimme evidence of its brilliance".

OH MY GOD!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My brother used to think the Erotica chorus was "Hey Ronnie, Hey Ronnie, but your hands all over my body" :lmao:

And my friend used to sing "I travel extensively" instead of "I travel in stillness" in "I'll Remember" :lol: That's not even close.

OH!! And I just remembered that I used to think she was saying "Use me Friday" in "Vogue" instead of "Beauty's where you find it" (the spoken part)

Guest Pud Whacker
No Bitch!!! SHES TELLIN, NOT ASKIN!!! It's not a passive song.

no, really, shes begging him to understand. shes stepping away from her plea and thinking to herself. thats how i always thought it was UNTIL 3 MONTHS AGO. :lol:

Guest jamesshot

Dress You Up -"All your suits are custom made and laundered"......instead of "...made in London". I didn't realize what the actual lyric was until 2 years ago. LOL.

I had no idea what she was singing on the line "Soul is in the musical" in "Vogue." I just found out here a few months ago. :manson:

I mean, I've only herad the song about seventeen-thousand times over the last twenty-or-so years. :lmao:

Would it be wrong to admit, I've now just discovered this? I thought she was singing It's only in the music hall :rosey:

Although I do think my lyrics make more sense as the next line is "That's where I feel so beautiful". As she said where, I thought she was referring to a specific place. That's what comes with having a cheap-ass album release with no lyric sheet!

For YEARS I thought in Open Your Heart when she goes "OW...come on baby..." she was saying "cum on me babe". Kinda filthy.... :shy: I always wondered why radio was allowed to play that line and why there was no controversy about the lyrics...lol. Then I heard the remastered True Blue and clearly heard what I'd been mistaking for years. :confused:

I had no idea what she was singing on the line "Soul is in the musical" in "Vogue." I just found out here a few months ago. :manson:

I mean, I've only herad the song about seventeen-thousand times over the last twenty-or-so years. :lmao:

:lol:

I've only figured that line out within the past 5 years or so myself.

I think it was actually around the RIT because I also figured out the mystery lyrics in Crazy For You "every breath I'm deeper into you". I never knew what the hell she was singing on that part.

"And when the sun don't plaim (????????), the sun won't set so high...."

"Music makes the people come together, music makes the boys shwaw zee and the revel!" :dramatic:

"I was feet, incomplete! I'd been had, I was sad and blue..."

"We might be lovers if the river runs right." :lmao:

"Oily suits are custom made in London..."

"You deserve the best delight, so if the time isn't right then move on." (it's ACTUALLY "you deserve the best in life" :manson: No clue all these years :lol:)

Guest jamesshot
:lol:

I've only figured that line out within the past 5 years or so myself.

I think it was actually around the RIT because I also figured out the mystery lyrics in Crazy For You "every breath I'm deeper into you". I never knew what the hell she was singing on that part.

Same here. Also only found out a few years ago what she actually was saying. I used to think it was "every breath I'm diverting to you" like she was giving CPR or something.

i just found out right now. ( flop fan)

this thread is funny. :lmao:

As a kid (my only defence), I sang:

'It would be, it would be stone life' (as opposed to '... so nice' whilst murdering Holiday.... Also, in Dress You Up, I'd sing, 'Gonna dress you Michaela' - thinking that she was singing about her friend... 25 years on and my sister still howls with laughter about it...

Guest dicktracy

As a kid and not knowing English very well I thought Gambler was Kendall, the brand of pantyhose that my Mom used to wear. And with all the whole Catholic talk about Madonna I thought PDP was about Pope John Paul... I'd sing <b>Papa John Pree</b>....

Then there's:

'I've got the booze baby, you've got the motion...'

'Yeah, you thought out what was catty and cold'

'You are the key' instead of 'you hold the key' in Frozen

And lastly, I still don't know what she sings in ROL, I still sing it this way because I've never bothered to google it: Quicker than a ray of light then gone for someone's else be there through the endless eeeee eeee eeeeeeee eeee aaaaaa aaa a awwwwwww.....

As a kid and not knowing English very well I thought Gambler was Kendall, the brand of pantyhose that my Mom used to wear. And with all the whole Catholic talk about Madonna I thought PDP was about the Pope... I'd sing Papa John Pree....

Then there's:

And lastly, I still don't know what she sings in ROL, I still sing it this way because I've never bothered to google it: Quicker than a ray of light then gone for someone's else be there through the endless eeeee eeee eeeeeeee eeee aaaaaa aaa a awwwwwww.....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I Sing the Same Thing.

Instead, "Quicker than a Ray of Light Then Gone Boy"

I Never Knew What she was talking about.

In La Isla Bonita I always thought it was "Tropically island breeze" instead of "Tropical, the island breeze".

In Hung Up I always thought it was "Every little thing that you say I do" instead of "Every little thing you say or do"

Not very funny ones, but yeah. :lmao:

not even having english as my first language, i was pretty sure for quite a long time that she sang "bring me wrinkles and telephone" instead of "ring, ring, ring, goes the telephone". :lol:

As a kid and not knowing English very well I thought Gambler was Kendall, the brand of pantyhose that my Mom used to wear. And with all the whole Catholic talk about Madonna I thought PDP was about the Pope... I'd sing Papa John Pree....

Then there's:

:lmao: :lmao: I found out awhile ago, it's "ENDLESS YEEEEEAAAAAAAARSSSSSS EEEEEHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAWWWWW"

Guest dicktracy
:lmao: :lmao: I found out awhile ago, it's "ENDLESS YEEEEEAAAAAAAARSSSSSS EEEEEHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAWWWWW"

Oh wow! :lmao: Thanks a bunch!!!