Mis-heard Madonna lyrics

Bill

When I was 13 and discovered Like a Prayer for the first time (1991), I could not, for the life of me, figure out what she was saying when she sang "Let the choir sing"... I just sang it as I heard it... "Laugh oh quasy". :lol:

I caught my girlfriend (:rolleyes:) in middle school one time singing along to La Isla Bonita, but she was singing "Lucky Star Bonita"... pathetic.

When my boyfriend and I got together 7 years ago he was singing "Papa don't preach, I'm in troublety". I'm pretty sure he knew troublety isn't a word... I was quick to correct him! :lol:

I'm sure there are more... I'll post them later if I think of them.

Share! :)

Guest ursaminorjim

Ha! Hilarious thread already.

"Ray of light." Wasn't sure if she got herself a universe or was goddess of a universe.

Guest ursaminorjim

I had no idea what she was singing on the line "Soul is in the musical" in "Vogue." I just found out here a few months ago. :manson:

I mean, I've only herad the song about seventeen-thousand times over the last twenty-or-so years. :lmao:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
When my boyfriend and I got together 7 years ago he was singing "Papa don't preach, I'm in troublety". I'm pretty sure he knew troublety isn't a word... I was quick to correct him! :lol:

Oh i still do that one :lol:

Erotica..."I'll give you love, I'll hitch you like a truck" and "are you afraid of the lines of rock? (i.e. cocaine)", I was really surprised she would reference CRACK and I still have no idea what she's saying on that one :lol:

Guest Pud Whacker
When I was 13 and discovered Like a Prayer for the first time (1991), I could not, for the life of me, figure out what she was saying when she sang "Let the choir sing"... I just sang it as I heard it... "Laugh oh quasy". :lol:

I caught my girlfriend ( :rolleyes: ) in middle school one time singing along to La Isla Bonita, but she was singing "Lucky Star Bonita"... pathetic.

I'm sure there are more... I'll post them later if I think of them.

Share! :)

:rotfl:

my firend laura used to alwyas think that in la isla she said, young girl with eyes like potatoes. :lol:

Guest ursaminorjim
"I'll give you love, I'll hitch you like a truck"

Wow. All this time, "Erotica" was completely misunderstood. It's about the joys of marriage and monogamy after all!

Guest ursaminorjim
:rotfl:

my firend laura used to alwyas think that in la isla she said, young girl with eyes like potatoes. :lol:

mrpotatoheadeyes1.jpg?

Guest Pud Whacker

up until 3 months ago i always thought in borderline she said, " just trying to understand..." she says 'just try to understand.'

ive heard that song over 8000 times. :rotfl:

Guest ursaminorjim
up until 3 months ago i always thought in borderline she said, " just trying to understand..." she says 'just try to understand.'

Wow. I thought the same thing! :lol:

funniest thread ever!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

connect to the sky

future lovers fly

they're remission's high

would you like to try?

^even to this day I don't know the actual words :lmao: :lmao:

Connect to the sky

Future lovers ride

Their ambitions high

Would you like to try?

The other day I was telling my friend about how I went and saw Madonna and my friend started singing Like a Virgin for some reason, but instead of Like she sung I'm a Virgin. I just gave her a blank stare. Also, in Future Lovers I didn't know she was saying "In the evidence of its brilliance" At first I didn't know what the hell she was saying to be honest. :lol:

Edited by JonathanBB

Guest ursaminorjim
She virtually does sing 'Tryyyyyyyyyynnn', but it wouldn't make any sense in the context of the song. But when I sing along I STILL sing 'Tryyyyyyyyyyyyyinnnn' :lmao:

It makes just as much sense either way, really. It just shifts the subject from her to the one who keeps on pushing her love over the borderline.

Madonna sings "Beauty's where you find it" several times in the later half of Vogue, and she sings it very quickly. I could never understand what she was saying so I just sang along "X'cuse me faggot".

And on Future Lovers I used to think she was singing "Gimme evidence of its brilliance".

:nocomment::rotfl:

It took me forever to figure out she was singing "you worked you way inside of me" in amazing

Guest ursaminorjim
Madonna sings "Beauty's where you find it" several times in the later half of Vogue, and she sings it very quickly. I could never understand what she was saying so I just sang along "X'cuse me faggot".

Dead.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: