Weak ticket sales in Spain

windsor67

Guest valhum

Yeah, as someone said, it is pretty easy for people in Europe to travel to another country to see her, since distances are pretty small, relatively speaking but Australia is very isolated, some asians country, etc, etc.

i guess the bitter aussies spoiled this thread

so what were we talking about? ah yes tickets in saragossa not selling that well. so people, buy some, they are on sale, they start at 26 euros

leave ausralia for a few days, 26 euros is nothing find a cheap airline and come discover spain

can we get back to the subject

i am sure we can find some cheap lodging for whoever wants to make the trip, be it from europe, from australia or from papua new guinea for that matter

and don't get me mistaken, i do want her to go to australia, it is a great market and a great public

we love you down under, don't get mad

because of this aussie poster this thread is another one, from an infinity of here, about touring/not touring in Australia. nasty people are unhappy people...

I love it how Im called nasty, but yet someone who says that Madonna not touring Australia isn't a big deal and that we should just get over it isn't nasty?? Imagine how we feel to see this sort of thing posted continuously. Why don't you try putting things into perspective before you have a go ok.

sorry, but people can't put on comparison belgium or whatever european cuntry and australia...if i was australian i would be a little upset, honestly.....

Its nice to see some fans actually showing us a little understanding. Thank u!

I love it how Im called nasty, but yet someone who says that Madonna not touring Australia isn't a big deal and that we should just get over it isn't nasty?? Imagine how we feel to see this sort of thing posted continuously. Why don't you try putting things into perspective before you have a go ok.

I didn't say about Madonna not touring in Australia isn't a big deal...Find my quote and show it to me. You are referring at someone else. I only said it was fair in this lifetime for countries who haven't seen her at all, one day to have this opportunity, including Romania. For me you are still a nasty and rude person for calling me idiot or whatever you said without even make an insult about you. you are very impolite.

If you lived in Australia you'd be bitter as well, so shut your cake-hole. And yes if the tour is the 3rd highest grossing tour of all time really thats all that matters. NOT! You moron!

I live in Australia and I'm not bitter about her not touring here for so long, nor are the many Australian Madonna-fan friends that I have. Disappointed, yes, but certainly not bitter and certainly not tarnishing the online image of all Australian fans :)

Its nice to see some fans actually showing us a little understanding. Thank u!

I used to have a little understandind about this, but honestly I am sick of fans like you taking any occassion to moan about the same thing over and over again. This thread isnt about why Madonna isnt touring Australia, I am sure there are lots of threads about that.

I'm not bitter anymore, the reality is she will not tour Australia.

And I'm ok with that, I finally saw the S&S tour this week when I downloaded the SKY broadcast, that's right folks, we didn't even see that ha ha

I'll be happy when Madonna and her manager Guy quit making bullshit promises to Australian fans - either tour or keep your fucking mouths shut.

And to those Euro fans getting yet another tour, if you realise how lucky you are, enjoy the show, don;t take it for granted.

To the bitches who go year after year and take it all for granted, fuck you.

I'll be going to madrid, pista a ticket. but how dare they ask 50 euros for shipping and service? maybe thats also a reason for lower ticket sales..

and please, dont even start about that fucking belgium! i'm so ashamed to be in this country right now! those people have no respect for an artist whatsoever. belgians were complaining for years as to why she never came, she finally did and now they're basically throwing her out with all of the negative criticism and terrible audience. im from there and knew this would happen so was happy when she never toured that place, also, cuz like people are saying here, its so easy for us to go to another country. its only europe. some countries are only two hours away. so i totally get the fans of australia complaining. they should. just not in this topic perhaps ;)

I'll be going to madrid, pista a ticket. but how dare they ask 50 euros for shipping and service? maybe thats also a reason for lower ticket sales..

and please, dont even start about that fucking belgium! i'm so ashamed to be in this country right now! those people have no respect for an artist whatsoever. belgians were complaining for years as to why she never came, she finally did and now they're basically throwing her out with all of the negative criticism and terrible audience. im from there and knew this would happen so was happy when she never toured that place, also, cuz like people are saying here, its so easy for us to go to another country. its only europe. some countries are only two hours away. so i totally get the fans of australia complaining. they should. just not in this topic perhaps ;)

what happened in belgium?

Guest boytoyville

^ I have no doubts that both Madrid and Barcelona will be very packed. It's only Zaragoza that might be selling a bit slow but no matter I'm sure there will still be around 30+ thousand people and it's a field concert so it only means a better view for those going. Also like also said before it will make a profit still because they don't have to transfer the stage, equipment, and crew very far for this third Spanish date.

i meant madrid might be sold out

pardon my english lol

No, it doesn't say anything about the show being sold out, it's mostly about the impact these huge shows have on ticket sales in smaller venues or theater plays. It also talks about other big acts like U2 or Springsteen leaving Madrid out of their touring schedule.

^ I have no doubts that both Madrid and Barcelona will be very packed. It's only Zaragoza that might be selling a bit slow but no matter I'm sure there will still be around 30+ thousand people and it's a field concert so it only means a better view for those going. Also like also said before it will make a profit still because they don't have to transfer the stage, equipment, and crew very far for this third Spanish date.

I think Madonna and Live Nation always come out ahead, no matter what. I believe they get guaranteed a certain amount per show and if the promoter can't sell enough tickets, they [the promoters] are the losers (financially). It's funny because everyone blames Madonna for cancelling Hamburg and the second Manchester date, but I bet the promoters for those shows pulled the plug due to slow ticket sales.

I didn't say about Madonna not touring in Australia isn't a big deal...Find my quote and show it to me. You are referring at someone else. I only said it was fair in this lifetime for countries who haven't seen her at all, one day to have this opportunity, including Romania. For me you are still a nasty and rude person for calling me idiot or whatever you said without even make an insult about you. you are very impolite.

I never insulted you. You were referring to the nasty Aussie meaning me. I never said you mentioned anything about Madonna not touring Australia you were quick to get involved in something that initially had nothing to do with you at all.

I used to have a little understandind about this, but honestly I am sick of fans like you taking any occassion to moan about the same thing over and over again. This thread isnt about why Madonna isnt touring Australia, I am sure there are lots of threads about that.

Such an ignorant post. I never brought up Australia intitally someone else did. But I will voice my opinion on it the same way other fans would in our situation and if you don't like it leave the thread. Imagine if the uk was in our position how much disappointment there would be.

If you go back over the thread, you will see that it was someone who isn't an Aussie bring it up. So get your facts straight.

She will always do promo and play shows in th UK its her 2nd biggest market after the US. Her UK shows have huge grosses everytime she tours. Madonna is a business woman first and foremost.

Guest boytoyville

^ Yep whether she does the O2 for a some dates or Wembley Stadium you can always count on a Uk tour date.

I never insulted you. You were referring to the nasty Aussie meaning me. I never said you mentioned anything about Madonna not touring Australia you were quick to get involved in something that initially had nothing to do with you at all.

yeah right that's why you quoted me everytime. at least admit what you said.

Here is a translated article from the Heraldo de Aragón regarding the concert. It was published online yesterday:

The Assembly of the Madonna Concert begins Friday

The promoter, Music Community, and the parent company of the artist, Live Nation, are currently negotiating an adjustment, that in no way jeopardizes the celebration of the “show”

There are eleven days. The concert of Madonna in Zaragosa, that will be celebrated July 25 in la Feria de Muestras, is already leading up to the final preparation. Enrique Ybarra, president of the concert promoter, Music Community, will summon tomorrow in Zaragosa a production meeting that will take care of details of the “show”, from the logistic skeleton to more insignificant fringe items. Friday, the arrival of the first trucks of material for the assembly of the scene is expected, the assembly will last one week.

Ybarra has been found with a complicated reality: the response of the Aragonese public has not been the hoped one, up to the point of the present numbers of sale (a little more than 20,000 tickets, far from the 52,000 of the expected) will lead him to very considerable losses. However, the Valencian wanted to clarify yesterday that the celebration of the concert is guaranteed. “We are fighting so that the 25th is a date remembered for a long time in Zaragosa, like it was with the concerts of Michael Jackson or Rolling Stones. In the last few days, sales have been increasing in rate, and the rumors… are only rumors: Madonna will give a great concert”.

The sale of tickets follows generously in Ticketmaster.es and its authorized outlets. The agreement with the managing company of the ticket office is another one of the bases for the celebration of the concert: habitually it buys from the producer a determined number of tickets for the initial sale, and so the advance is covered with the deposit for the artist. In the case of Madonna, her company Live Nation demands the payment of 80% of the deposit which amounts to $3 million dollars: that is to say, it is necessary to pay $2.4 million dollars (1.71 million euros) early, a non-reimbursable amount in case of cancellation. The refunding of tickets would have been a Herculean task and nobody was interested in abandoning… including the City Council, sponsoring with 200,000 euros, a cost that would have joined the consequent knock to the image of the city as a headquarters of major events.

Ybarra does not want to hear talk of doubts at this stage. "The risk is undertaken, and I know that it will not be good for me economically, but I'm still ahead. It is a unique opportunity, see an artist of this caliber for a really competitive price. It is a social event, you like more or less, despite the effects of the crisis that are hard. We are negotiating with Live Nation, and it has to consider many factors, such as the ability to sell the artist in relation to the environment in which it operates, and the population in the area; in Zaragoza this data is proportionally similar to that of Barcelona. It is the third great concert that I have done in just a short time, after those of Madonna in Valencia and the Police, both in the past year and both with excellent returns, so now I am called on to handle this situation well."

On the part of the City Council, they are already working on the preparation of the security attachment, that involves la Feria de Muestras, Local Police, to the National, the Red Cross, Firemen, Civil Guard of Traffic and Delegation of Government. Also implementation of the transportation will take shape this week with Music Community to the Fair. The Zaragozan company Zesmusic published announcements at the end of the past week asking for workers for the concert. Zesmusic already took care of the local production of the concert of the Rolling Stones in 2003, and regularly serves as auxiliary to the City Council of Zaragosa for this type of spectacle.

Madonna, on the other hand, successfully continues her tour in Italy. Today, she appears on the stage of San Siro in Milan, and Thursday she will go to Udine.

Here is the article (in its original Spanish).

Guest boytoyville
Here is a translated article from the Heraldo de Aragón regarding the concert. It was published online yesterday:

The Assembly of the Madonna Concert begins Friday

The promoter, Music Community, and the parent company of the artist, Live Nation, are currently negotiating an adjustment, that in no way jeopardizes the celebration of the “show”

There are eleven days. The concert of Madonna in Zaragosa, that will be celebrated July 25 in la Feria de Muestras, is already leading up to the final preparation. Enrique Ybarra, president of the concert promoter, Music Community, will summon tomorrow in Zaragosa a production meeting that will take care of details of the “show”, from the logistic skeleton to more insignificant fringe items. Friday, the arrival of the first trucks of material for the assembly of the scene is expected, the assembly will last one week.

Ybarra has been found with a complicated reality: the response of the Aragonese public has not been the hoped one, up to the point of the present numbers of sale (a little more than 20,000 tickets, far from the 52,000 of the expected) will lead him to very considerable losses. However, the Valencian wanted to clarify yesterday that the celebration of the concert is guaranteed. “We are fighting so that the 25th is a date remembered for a long time in Zaragosa, like it was with the concerts of Michael Jackson or Rolling Stones. In the last few days, sales have been increasing in rate, and the rumors… are only rumors: Madonna will give a great concert”.

The sale of tickets follows generously in Ticketmaster.es and its authorized outlets. The agreement with the managing company of the ticket office is another one of the bases for the celebration of the concert: habitually it buys from the producer a determined number of tickets for the initial sale, and so the advance is covered with the deposit for the artist. In the case of Madonna, her company Live Nation demands the payment of 80% of the deposit which amounts to $3 million dollars: that is to say, it is necessary to pay $2.4 million dollars (1.71 million euros) early, a non-reimbursable amount in case of cancellation. The refunding of tickets would have been a Herculean task and nobody was interested in abandoning… including the City Council, sponsoring with 200,000 euros, a cost that would have joined the consequent knock to the image of the city as a headquarters of major events.

Ybarra does not want to hear talk of doubts at this stage. "The risk is undertaken, and I know that it will not be good for me economically, but I'm still ahead. It is a unique opportunity, see an artist of this caliber for a really competitive price. It is a social event, you like more or less, despite the effects of the crisis that are hard. We are negotiating with Live Nation, and it has to consider many factors, such as the ability to sell the artist in relation to the environment in which it operates, and the population in the area; in Zaragoza this data is proportionally similar to that of Barcelona. It is the third great concert that I have done in just a short time, after those of Madonna in Valencia and the Police, both in the past year and both with excellent returns, so now I am called on to handle this situation well."

On the part of the City Council, they are already working on the preparation of the security attachment, that involves la Feria de Muestras, Local Police, to the National, the Red Cross, Firemen, Civil Guard of Traffic and Delegation of Government. Also implementation of the transportation will take shape this week with Music Community to the Fair. The Zaragozan company Zesmusic published announcements at the end of the past week asking for workers for the concert. Zesmusic already took care of the local production of the concert of the Rolling Stones in 2003, and regularly serves as auxiliary to the City Council of Zaragosa for this type of spectacle.

Madonna, on the other hand, successfully continues her tour in Italy. Today, she appears on the stage of San Siro in Milan, and Thursday she will go to Udine.

Here is the article (in its original Spanish).

Very interesting article. Thank you for posting!

Las mismas fuentes incrédulas aseguraron que incluso se les ha comentado la posibilidad de que Live Nation se hiciera cargo de la cita de Zaragoza, que no se celebraría y las entradas vendidas se repartirían entre los conciertos de Madrid y Barcelona. Algo que, de momento, tanto promotor como ayuntamiento niegan. Para ellos, el concierto del 25 de julio está garantizado.

http://www.elperiodicodearagon.com/noticia...asp?pkid=512066