Weak ticket sales in Spain

windsor67

yesterday, i left a message about the terribly low ticket sales in spain , but it was taken off, why?

i tried to start a new topic about the subject but i am not authorised to start topics, why?

and i cannot access the multimedia section either, why?

so many why's i know lol

anyway, my message yesterday said that only a third of the tickets in saragossa have sold, it is dramatic, and they have lowered the tickets to as low as 26 euros

so please buy tickets and try to go to that concert. i can't go, but i'll go to the one in madrid, hopefully it will be sold out

Guest dicktracy
yesterday, i left a message about the terribly low ticket sales in spain , but it was taken off, why?

i tried to start a new topic about the subject but i am not authorised to start topics, why?

and i cannot access the multimedia section either, why?

so many why's i know lol

anyway, my message yesterday said that only a third of the tickets in saragossa have sold, it is dramatic, and they have lowered the tickets to as low as 26 euros

so please buy tickets and try to go to that concert. i can't go, but i'll go to the one in madrid, hopefully it will be sold out

Oh, I wish I was in Spain! Anyway, you can't start new topics or join the multimedia area because you're a newbie and haven't had over 200 posts, I believe.

thank you dick!

i guess i'll have to post a lot more lol

this is the article i posted yesterday, it is a serious one and there are others:

http://www.heraldo.es/noticias/cultura/6f3...alvar_show.html

it has not yet reached the mainstream news, but it is embarassing. it basically says she only sold 20000 of the 50000 plus tickets and that the city is trying its best to reach 30000 tickets sold. tickets were put on the market ranging from 250 to 49 euros, now they have been lowered and range from 150 to 26 and still not selling

no news about the sales in madrid or barcelona

Can't win them all I guess. Wasn't Seville also the only other concert in Round 1 that didn't sell out? Maybe it's a Spain thing lol

While certainly not great news, I'm sure there are ways to recoup. They prob will dump alot of tix on radio stations and other promotions. Maybe get some money/press that way (I don't know if radio stations get tix at very reduced fees?). Perhaps she oversaturated the market in Spain with this tour. She should have done Naples in Italy! I would have flown all the way from America for that show!!!

the 3 cities where the concerts happen are are so close to each other, that might be a reason, about 250 km between each

i have been to several concerts this year, none have been full, last week kylie only got 8000 instead of 13000

but u2 has been sold out, depressing

a new article:

(they say the tickets are on sale and that there is no plan to cancel the concert, yet)

La reina del pop está de rebajas. El escaso ritmo en la venta de entradas para el show que Madonna ofrecerá en la Feria de Muestras de Zaragoza dentro de unos quince días ha obligado a la promotora Music Community a lanzar un sinfín de ofertas especiales para favorecer la salida de los tickets. La venta de localidades no acaba de despegar y tan sólo se han vendido 20.000 entradas de las 52.500 previstas inicialmente, lo que pone en tela de juicio la rentabilidad del espectáculo para la promotora valenciana.

De ahí la maratón de ofertas prevista para estos días. Music Community espera que los precios reducidos eleven a 25.000 las entradas vendidas en breve y descartan, al menos por ahora, la cancelación del concierto del tour "Sticky & Sweet". Por su parte, la ambición rubia promete un show de dos horas con sus mejores 'hits' y un escenario espectacular.

Rebajas para la Universidad de Zaragoza

A la promoción del 50% de descuento que favoreció a los socios del Real Zaragoza, se sumaron posteriormente los estudiantes de la Universidad de Zaragoza. Los alumnos pueden adquirir por 36 euros las entradas de general A (cuyo precio en taquilla es de 69 euros) y las de general B (49 euros), por 26 euros.

Un 10% menos si eres usuario de Facebook

Los usuarios de Facebook también pueden optar a un descuento del 10% al comprar las entradas para el show en la red de Ticketmaster. Para ello es necesario introducir en la web un código que se facilita a través de la red de contactos.

Más barato para los clientes de algunos grandes almacenes

Los socios de la Fnac y los clientes de El Corte Inglés también disponen de reducciones en el precio original. Los grandes almacenes ofrecen precios más baratos a quienes compren los tickets con la tarjeta de compra El Corte Ingles. En Fnac el descuento es del 25% para los clientes con tarjeta de Socios Fnac.

Maratón de fitness y un descuento del 20%

El Centro Comercial Augusta acoge el próximo 16 de julio un maratón de fitness en el que los zaragozanos podrán bailar durante dos horas. Todos los participantes tendrán un 20% de descuento en la compra de las entradas de Madonna.

http://noticiasjovenes.com/index.php?name=...e&sid=20117

Guest dicktracy
the 3 cities where the concerts happen are are so close to each other, that might be a reason, about 250 km between each

i have been to several concerts this year, none have been full, last week kylie only got 8000 instead of 13000

but u2 has been sold out, depressing

That's because their last tour was ages ago. It's all about supply and demand. I bet some Australian fans are fuming at this news. It's an unfair world.

and they're smarter, 'cause they wanted part of the tickets at low price (a way to make happy their loyal fans and to attract new, younger fans..........).... more they're launching a new album with video and promotion, S&S is in the second leg for an album released more than a year ago and almost forgotten. not surpising for low sales...

why naples??

The decision to make a concert in Zaragoza was simply stupid. 6 concerts (Lisbon, Sevilla, Valencia, Madrid, Barcelona and Zaragoza) in less than a year???? She has saturated the market. If the tickets weren't that expensive, she wouldn't have problems to sell out all of them, I know many friends that aren't going because paying 100 € to seat at the back of the stadium is too much.

But it is not only a Madonna problem. U2 started their tour in Barcelona, and although they sold out the first show, the second one wasn't. And the same goes with Bruce Springsteen, Depeche Mode, Beyonce or Kylie Minogue. The crisis is affecting all the tours, even the biggest spanish groups are being forced to reduce their prices.

However, Barcelona will be almost sold out, and I think Madrid will be at 75%-80% of capacity. Not bad!

Edited by MForever

and the promotion of the concerts has been shitty, they only started advertising on tv less than a month ago

i hope too that madrid will get full

and i hope it will be better organised than the valencia concert, that was pure hell trying to get home after the show, i was not able to get back into town til 5 in the morning and i saw perfectly respectable people turn into beasts trying to get on the buses, it felt like a scene of the end of the world lol

who's going to the one in madrid anyway

i'll be there

The decision to make a concert in Zaragoza was simply stupid. 6 concerts (Lisbon, Sevilla, Valencia, Madrid, Barcelona and Zaragoza) in less than a year???? She has saturated the market.

So true. And all of them STADIUM-size dates. I don't even think she's attempted to do that many stadium shows in one country, so I am actually surprised she's sold close to half the Zaragosa tickets.

Might have something to do with the economy too. Spain is suffering very badly with unemployment at 18% I think. With a large number of concerts, high prices and a lot of young people out of work, it's not surprising.

The decision to make a concert in Zaragoza was simply stupid. 6 concerts (Lisbon, Sevilla, Valencia, Madrid, Barcelona and Zaragoza) in less than a year???? She has saturated the market. If the tickets weren't that expensive, she wouldn't have problems to sell out all of them, I know many friends that aren't going because paying 100 € to seat at the back of the stadium is too much.

But it is not only a Madonna problem. U2 started their tour in Barcelona, and although they sold out the first show, the second one wasn't. And the same goes with Bruce Springsteen, Depeche Mode, Beyonce or Kylie Minogue. The crisis is affecting all the tours, even the biggest spanish groups are being forced to reduce their prices.

However, Barcelona will be almost sold out, and I think Madrid will be at 75%-80% of capacity. Not bad!

Excuse me boy but... Lisbon is not SPAIN is the capital of Portugal, one of the world oldest country with more than 800 years of history and Lisbon is 600 kms from Madrid or Sevilla... the nearest cities where Madonna was... now with the euro money we are closer from Spain but still the language is different.

I know Portugal it's a small country now (used to be the biggest country in the World as Brazil, Mozambique, Angola, and other countries were all parts of Portugal until a few decades ago) but we are still almost 12 million people living here. Lisbon concert sold out its 75.000 tickets in 4 days selling the first 40.000 tickets on the first day alone establish a new record for Portugal fastest concert ticket sale EVER. On Lisbon we are 3.3 million people living on the surounding area but people came all over the country to see Madonna. She would probably have sold out 2 Lisbon dates as she did on Re-invention with tickets 3 times the price (as it was on a smaller venue).

By the way, Spain has around 42 million people and Madonna had had 21 #01 singles charts on that country making her the artist with most #01 singles EVER. Her albums also do very well on the Spanish market... and those are probably 2 reazons why they decided to do all these shows. Now Zaragoza is 150 kms from Madrid, so it's quite near (kind of stupid). Barcelona is already 500 kms away from Madrid.... but only 350 kms from Zaragoza... so she is only going to that same very quarter of the Spanish territory... instead of Zaragoza she should have done Vigo like during 1990 Blond Ambition - Vigo is a 2 million people city about 700 kms from Madrid, and 1200 kms from Barcelona. It's also quite near Portugal second city (185 kms from Oporto), still 500 kms from Lisbon.

Whatever... probably Madonna and Live Nation already have their money safe and don't give a damn about that...

Guest boytoyville

The Zaragoza show was probably really cost effective since they don't have to move the stage and crew very far from Madrid. They probably new ticket sales wouldn't be extremely in demand with this last added Spanish date but probably thought they could still make a profit. One thing that is important to point out is that many artist touring right now are having to reduce there prices due to the economy (Beyonce anyone? lol) and are still not selling out. U2 who opened there tour in Spain couldn't sellout the second date in Spain and it's U2 opening a brand new tour! Even when Madonna reduces her price which is extremely rare the tickerts are still more expensive than most acts. I truly think this is a non issue. Seville is extremely successful even though they didn't sellout. Micheal Jackson in his prime doing the Dangerous and HIStory tours and the cancel some dates due to slow ticket sales. It's really hard to sellout this massive venues at cheap prices let alone Madonna price. She is doing incredibly well and it's a financially historic tour, especially for a solo artist.

OK, I´m going to Zaragoza! and yes, she´s struggling to sell tickets there, they are lowering the prices (which is not a good thing for me, I paid a lot for my VIP ticket) but I´m going to buy abother one for my brother in law and half of the family is coming with me to see her.

as somebody has said, even MJ and the Stones didn´t sold out when they were there, but madonna´s concert is far from selling out! I think one of the problems is that they announced this concert too late, nearly all the fans have the tickets even for madrid or barcelona.And the management is different for this concert, so it doesn´t appear in the advertisements with madrid´s and barcelona´s show, it has another one on its own.

And I don´t think the crisis is that important, a lot of people are saving money to go on holidays, or...so they could save it for madonna, at least her target audience.The problem is more that she´s been here already with the same show, the problems with the advertisements, and of course that to play in a stadium is really stupid.I mean, a lot pf people would pay 100 euros to see her quite near in an arena, but to see her far awayin a stadium...No

Spain loves her guys! 5 STADIUM concerts during the same tour just in Spain is too much! And remember that her last hits in Spain were the confessions singles. Her last true hits. All the confessions singles were on super heavy rotation on the radio and hit no1. The Hard Candy era didn't have any impact on the europeans even though 4 Minutes hit no1 everywhere because her name was on it.

Personally, I love the fact that her fans in Spain's 5 biggest cities were and are able to see her! I don't care if it's not 100% sold out! It's a stadium!

Imagine how happy a teen in Zaragoza or Sevilla who couldn't travel to Barcelona or Madrid is to see her! New fans!