New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

LOL. everytime i hear this clip, I feel like im in some drug infested, circuity, cheesy club in South Florida or something in 1997 - at like 2 am LOL. At least if it sounded like it was from 1987, that sound would be hotter now than '97 lol - which still needs at least 5-10 yrs to sound cool and wortha sh*t again. The only way this will work is if Ms vocals and the chorus, hook etc..are stellar (which will compensate for the vapid production we're in store for lol).

right now Pharrel is looking like a messiah!! Bring him back ASAP to do the single version and have 'this' be the remix !!

Guest BytheBay
Don't be silly. Michael was the only person besides Madonna who would sell no matter what , at least worldwide and that's a fact. Just like Madonna, he never had a true flop album. Even the remix album "Blood On The Dancefloor" sold like 5 or 6 million. He never had a true flop, not even Invincible-still sold at least 7 or 8 million. Sorry, but just because yourself and a lot of others hated him doesn't mean anything. He had a huge fanbase all his life that bought anything he put out. No album of his would have ever flopped that badly, dead or alive he would have always gone multi platinum. Don't be stupid now.

Oh and I like his 90's stuff. Some of his best music was produced then.

Sales do not equate with quality.

right now Pharrel is looking like a messiah!! Bring him back ASAP to do the single version and have 'this' be the remix !!

I agree with you.I like Pharrell's productions much more than I like Oakenfold's stuff.I hope that Pharrell is one of the producers on the next Madonna studio album.

I really think if you appreciate this song (i know its only a small clip) then you are really short on good taste seeing as its absolutely SHIT :lmao: and to think this is the same woman that gave us Ray of Light and Music! dreadful.

Sorry but I don't think this song sounds very good. Immediately what springs to mind is a more dated version of bside 'History.'

even in 2005 this would still sound dated

i'd rather whine over no new song

than have this piece of shit tagged along with her classics

Guest olivar

what is good when you are a real star (that stay on the market) is that you can do anything without having to deal with money

what i hate the most about an artist is when they do thing for money (madonna doesn't care about that for her music is fun) she 's still on the market no other do that sorry

I think Whitney will do well.

As for madonna celebrate will be huge!

I think Whitney will flop.. she's really a has-been..

maybe she'll manage somewhat of a comeback success as a local act in the US... kind of like Mariah did with TEOM, but in a much minor scale.. and that's about it... maybe a minor hit in the other anglo countries (UK, Canada, AUS) aswell... but I doubt the album will do any wonders internationally..

as for Celebrate... I have to admit.. the more I listen to the clip the better it gets.. doesn't change the fact that it sounds dated as hell though.. but I just have to tell myself that this is just a little fan treat for the GH and last Warner release that might not have happened in the first place..

it seems like it could be a nice little summer dance tune..

as for it being huge, we have to see... it'll struggle in the US for sure.. not that it matters really, but could be fun for once if she could gain back atleast some popularity there aswell.. since it's the biggest music market afterall.. or is it really nowdays? I think sales goes better in Europe and Europe has got more people aswell... oh well... the US is still the most important though, it still sets the trends for the rest of the world in terms of music

Guest Pud Whacker
I think Whitney will flop.. she's really a has-been..

maybe she'll manage somewhat of a comeback success as a local act in the US... kind of like Mariah did with TEOM, but in a much minor scale.. and that's about it... maybe a minor hit in the other anglo countries (UK, Canada, AUS) aswell... but I doubt the album will do any wonders internationally..

as for Celebrate... I have to admit.. the more I listen to the clip the better it gets.. doesn't change the fact that it sounds dated as hell though.. but I just have to tell myself that this is just a little fan treat for the GH and last Warner release that might not have happened in the first place..

it seems like it could be a nice little summer dance tune..

as for it being huge, we have to see... it'll struggle in the US for sure.. not that it matters really, but could be fun for once if she could gain back atleast some popularity there aswell.. since it's the biggest music market afterall.. or is it really nowdays? I think sales goes better in Europe and Europe has got more people aswell... oh well... the US is still the most important though, it still sets the trends for the rest of the world in terms of music

i love whitney

Guest Pud Whacker
wow, what year was this,,, she's very thin

not shure about the exact year but it was the year that bobby was pulling nuggets from her bung.

even in 2005 this would still sound dated

i'd rather whine over no new song

than have this piece of shit tagged along with her classics

i agree. what an awful track to tag on to a no doubt brilliant collection. shame. lets hope the full song has some redeeming qualities, like there is a 3 minute pause after it :lmao:

I think what the person was trying to say is that had he released any NEW material this year before he died it probably wouldnt have done so well. After all before he died (and everyone started kissing his ass) a huge majority thought he was a freak and would not have supported his album/singles unless it was on the scale of WBT/HU and even then...

As for Whitney she was struggling back in 2001 so now that she's deep into middle age I doubt she'll have a mega come back.

People say that about Michael but really it is pretty unfounded and it seems people think because he was viewed as a "freak" by many that nobody would buy his music. There really is no evidence to support the theory. His last studio album sold 7-8 million copies. Madonna's HUGE HIT from that same era (Music) sold what? 10 million? It's just funny because ROL-Music is considered a critical and commercial peak in M's career, meanwhile Invincible is STILL seen as a massive flop. Yet it sold not much less. You can't honestly call an album that sold 7million copies a flop can you??

Also consider that MJ almost ALWAYS....even when IC sales were up due to a new M album release etc.....outsells Madonna in weekly catalog sales. So all this talk about MJ would've flopped with new material is off base. No, I'm sure he wouldn't be the pop radio sensation he was in 1983 (name me an artist who was charting in '83 that is still) but he wouldn't have flopped. His fanbase is as massive as Madonna's (probably more).

As for Celebrate goes it kinda makes perfect sense to close out this era with that song as it's kind of a summation of a big part of her sound of the last decade or so. And Revolver will kind of sum up the late '00's urban/pop sound she was exploring. Both are upbeat, happy go lucky type of songs it seems, which is perfect for a "Celebration" of her biggest and best hits and closes out the "all dance no messages" theme of COADF/HC. It's all starting to come together now!!! JUST LEAK THE DAMN SONG!!!

"Cuz everybody wants to party with U" :wow:

As for Celebrate goes it kinda makes perfect sense to close out this era with that song as it's kind of a summation of a big part of her sound of the last decade or so. And Revolver will kind of sum up the late '00's urban/pop sound she was exploring. Both are upbeat, happy go lucky type of songs it seems, which is perfect for a "Celebration" of her biggest and best hits and closes out the "all dance no messages" theme of COADF/HC. It's all starting to come together now!!! JUST LEAK THE DAMN SONG!!!

"Cuz everybody wants to party with U" :wow:

Yeah, leak the song. I was hoping to wake up to it this morning.

But in the 20 second form, it doesn't sound like much of what she's done this decade. Yeah, it's dance, but the kind one would only find in her remixes meant for circuuit parties.

Guest ursaminorjim
i agree. what an awful track to tag on to a no doubt brilliant collection. shame.

Oh relax. A career-spanning Madonna collection by its very nature is going to have both stratospheric highs ("Into the groove," "Like a prayer," "Vogue," "What it feels like for a girl," "Sorry") and wince-inducing lows. And while I can't fully judge a song's merits on 20 seconds, I know this is already better than some stuff she's released in the past. It's not really worth hating.

However, if her next album is ten iterations of this..I'm out. :lol: