New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

Lots of COUPLES go to Mariah shows because GIRLFRIENDS drag them there because they bond over all those shitty ballads. Straight men DO NOT like Mariah Carey songs.

True, they where probably going there just to take their girlfriends, because there where several ganster looking guys in the audience. I don't think they like Mariah, or maybe they secertly do. I don't know :lol:

From the 18 Seconds of the clip I must say I am happy with it for one main reason; She sounds happy :thumbsup: for her last few albums her singles have all sounded rather unhappy ( I cant think of the correct word lol). It's nice to hear Madonna sounding happy. (Only LP & GT had a more happy vibe but even then...)

Maybe getting rid of Guy will have a profoundly good effect on what she comes up with next. An album filled with songs that express a feeling of freedom and joy would be most welcome.

Guest jamesshot
That's what I thought also, which is why I was so surprised by the demographic she attracted at the Staples Center show. I expected her audience to be similar to Madonna's.

Dude, when she was in Houston last year, Channel 11( KHOU) did about 9 minutes of interviews with people streaming out of Minute Maid Park. The vast majority of the men interviewed were completely straight, most there with their girlfriends or wives but all gushing about how awesome she was and how much they liked her music.

Now, there was a sizeable gay audience as well but way more straight fans than I thought there would be.

Mariah has a TON of gay fans. I don't know many straight guys that even admit they like SOME of her music. At least they will say that about Madonna.

You are looking at some serious closet cases at Mariah's concerts if you can't find a "gay looking" crowd. Hell, you would HAVE to butch it up if you were going to go to a Mariah concert and say you liked pussy( Missy Eliott excluded).

OK, back to discussing the new single....

Maybe getting rid of Guy will have a profoundly good effect on what she comes up with next. An album filled with songs that express a feeling of freedom and joy would be most welcome.

I hope so! :vogue:

Dude, when she was in Houston last year, Channel 11( KHOU) did about 9 minutes of interviews with people streaming out of Minute Maid Park. The vast majority of the men interviewed were completely straight, most there with their girlfriends or wives but all gushing about how awesome she was and how much they liked her music.

Now, there was a sizeable gay audience as well but way more straight fans than I thought there would be.

Mariah has a TON of gay fans. I don't know many straight guys that even admit they like SOME of her music. At least they will say that about Madonna.

You are looking at some serious closet cases at Mariah's concerts if you can't find a "gay looking" crowd. Hell, you would HAVE to butch it up if you were going to go to a Mariah concert and say you liked pussy( Missy Eliott excluded).

OK, back to discussing the new single....

Well, I didn't say it was mostly gay guys at Madonna shows. But that there was a very large amount of gay people at Kylie/Madonna/Britney shows. I've been to 6 Madonna shows in LA, and 1 Mariah show, so I was merely comparing the demographics of the crowds, which where very different. Mariah even had quite a few gangster looking fans.

Shakiguy talks out of his ass per usual. Love how he fails to mention the Goat when making all these comparisons.

Los Angeles has a HUGE, quite affluent gay population...so the shows in LA will have lots of gays...as well as straight women and men of all ages. I would say Madonna crowds have a MUCH higher average income and IQ than those of Mariah's, but I digress.

This year at Dodger Stadium it was very diverse...and at San Diego even more so. I think every gay in San Diego was there and that still was only about a 4th of the audience. The rest...STRAIGHT men and women. (For the record, LA was a much prettier crowd as well...)

She may attract an older audience as well because she is a LEGEND and has been around since the early 80's...is a truly global icon and continues to actually SELL loads of concert tickets in America...unlike Mariah, Janet and the Goat.

Shakiguy talks out of his ass per usual. Love how he fails to mention the Goat when making all these comparisons.

Los Angeles has a HUGE, quite affluent gay population...so the shows in LA will have lots of gays...as well as straight women and men of all ages. I would say her crowds have a MUCH higher average income and IQ than those of Mariah's, but I digress.

This year at Dodger Stadium it was very diverse...and at San Diego even more so. I think every gay in San Diego was there and that still was only about a 4th of the audience. The rest...STRAIGHT men and women. (For the record, LA was a much prettier crowd as well...)

She may attract an older audience as well because she is a LEGEND and has been around since the early 80's...is a truly global icon and continues to actually SELL loads of concert tickets in America...unlike Mariah, Janet and the Goat.

I was mostly talking about Mariah's demographic, not Madonna's. I'm quite familiar with Madonna's demographic, what surprised me was how different Mariah's demographic was. Mariah has a lock on the BET crowd, the type that watches the 106 & Park show. That's Mariah's main demographic.

And yes, I agree with you on the income level comment, you, like me, are familiar with Madonna's main demographic. Its Mariah's that surprised me.

I was mostly talking about Mariah's demographic, not Madonna's. I'm quite familiar with Madonna's demographic, what surprised me was how different Mariah's demographic was. Mariah has a lock on the BET crowd, the type that watches the 106 & Park show. That's Mariah's main demographic.

Do you work for Neilson Demographics?

No?

Then shut up.

Do you work for Neilson Demographics?

No?

Then shut up.

You're the one the needs to shut up. You're always so rude. People where discussing the demographics of female artists when I joined the conversation. I didn't bring it up.

You're the one the needs to shut up. You're always so rude. People where discussing the demographics of female artists when I joined the conversation. I didn't bring it up.

I'm not rude...I just put people on blast who are FULL OF SHIT! Very different.

Have a nice day!

So do you think Celebrate will be released to itunes & radio at the same time or will there be a wait? And is it being released worldwide to radio on the 28th or just specific regions?

I'm not rude...I just put people on blast who are FULL OF SHIT! Very different.

Have a nice day!

Full of shit? Its called expressing your opinion. Full of shit would be if I lied about what I observed. I didn't. Ask anyone that went to Mariah's staples center show and you'll see my analysis was accurate.

Well she caters to that demo so it's not really shocking outside of the fact that anyone shows up at all.... her hardcore loon base is likely gay men as it is with the other women.

Sorry...i know we're kinda getting off topic here but i have to add, being a 26 year old straight guy obsessing over Madonna does kinda land me in it a bit; people ask (much to my annoyance!) if i'm gay n' stuff but the fact is i'm not! Y'know, who said you have to be gay in order to like a female pop star? I've got a girlfriend and she's just as M obsessed as i am..we've both grown up listening to her. Its all a bunch of stereotypical views at the end of the day i guess..none of it really means anything.

Nevertheless, i look forwards to the collection. Hope Cool and Broken are either B sides or iTune extras!

Whenever i've seen Madonna at MSG, i've always been struck by how diverse the crowd is. There are plenty of hetero couples, gays, women, old, and young...all coming to see her for whatever reason. It is most definitely not just a gay crowd.

As far as Mariah goes, i've yet to meet a hetero male who admits to being into her...beyond wanting to fuck her. If anything, I think she actually has more gay fans than Madonna these days, at least here in New York. The queens here are obsessed with this bitch bto the point that they openly slam Madonna to make her look better. I think it's a generational thing in part.

And please stop lumping Madonna in with fucking Cher.

whats the deal with this division between gay and straight fans? I'm sure most artists have a mix of gay and straight fans (and Bisexuals who are frequently forgotten, after all didn't Madge say she was?)

As for Moo, who cares.

stick to the topic people! loving how we can get 29 pages from a 20 second clip..i think it will be a huge hit here in the u.k.

Definately! My local station BRMB were talking about it a few hours ago after they played Hung Up and said that shes got a new track coming out in a few weeks and that they can't wait to play it! Love the fact that the UK has most of the times supported her music!

Definately! My local station BRMB were talking about it a few hours ago after they played Hung Up and said that shes got a new track coming out in a few weeks and that they can't wait to play it! Love the fact that the UK has most of the times supported her music!

Thta's awesome that their already gearing up to play it! :thumbsup: Hopefully cause it sounds like it might be more old skool Madonna it may get more airplay and positive attention.

Let's not forget that "American Life" was quite different from what she was doing. I really feel there was a lot of thought and time put into this project, but many of you hate this album too.

I LOVE that album..

Can't July 28th come faster? :(

I think i read that Monday 3rd August is the actual radio date world wide so theres still a few weeks left to wait unless the whole track leaks.