New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHEN HER (Whitney) ALBUM RELEASE? oh my god, its gonna be neck to neck race!! everyone also waiting to hear the comeback of Whitney and its gonna be huge, i predict.

My aunt is a huge fan and said it was 1 September . But not sure if it's confirmed.

I'd like her to do well. I'm not into this my artist is bigger than yours crap. I liked Whitney before so will buy this one when it's out too.

But I think madonna will not release on the same day - or maybe they will share the date now they share the same dress

Excellent, being a newbie and an irregular poster, i don't know many people on this forum but its great to have a few fellow-straight blokes in the house :) My girlfriend and i adore some Madge :headbang:

Guest superman

Me too, but if your go other madonna fan sites, there were so many bitchy gay fans of her. and they will attacked you!!!. because i have to say some of madonna songs are way too gay and i dont like them, like most of the tracks of CODF album, i never liked the album and so as the other tracks,. i became a true blooded fan when HC album came out!!!

Me too, but if your go other madonna fan sites, there were so many bitchy gay fans of her. and they will attacked you!!!. because i have to say some of madonna songs are way too gay and i dont like them, like most of the tracks of CODF album, i never liked the album and so as the other tracks,. i became a true blooded fan when HC album came out!!!

Don't mistake this for being bitchy but I believe you mean camp not gay. Erotica could be considered gay because it deals qith sexual themes but songs like Vogue are camp.

From the clip, it reminds me of Obsessed by Mariah Carey (not musically obviously).

Seriously. Of course this is how you would stir the pot.

THE ONLY thing they have in common is that that both shit all over that pile of garbage, SHE-GOAT...which is the worst song possibly every recorded.

Be gone shakiguy.

Well yes, but after almost ten years of posting on online Madonna forums (yes, I'm that old) one just becomes more aware of the trends and behaviour patterns of internet fans; and this is a classic example. I do it myself, don't get me wrong, but 99% of the time all my opinions really take a backseat at the sheer joy and excitement of something NEW by Madonna. It transcends everything else. Yes, even if I hate it at start I still play it to death and I'm just HAPPY that there's MORE MORE MORE.

Pud will get my point. But then maybe we're the "loons". :thumbsup:

may i join your society of loons? :shy:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Oh, as for people who think it sounds dated. It does a little, but that sound is making a come back now, there's a few songs on the charts atm that have this vibe to them. She'll definitely have a hit on her hands outside of the U.S.

Guest jamesshot
Your're absolutely right!! I'm a straight 26 year old guy and i'm 100% straight, its stupid how Madonna is perceived to be a 'gay thing' it annoys me. I love this 19 sec clip, its great dance music and i for sure will be gettin' down to it in the clubs in London. :)

Generally, at least what I have noticed, straight guys are not die-hard fans of any female singer. It is not that being a Madonna fan is a "gay" thing. Being a male devoted follower of any female singer is considered "gay". Straight males do like female singers and Madonna is certainly one of them. But they generally don't post on forums as much as a female or gay male.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I don't agree with that at all. I think when you apply it to FEMALE POP STARS then yes, most of the time. But i know A LOT of straight men who are big fans of female acts like PJ Harvey, Tori Amos, ect.

Guest dressUup

I have to say, when I first heard the snippet, I thought, "Hm. A little Ace of Base-y." And this was on my dinky laptop speakers. I converted the download clip to an MP3 and pumped up the volume on my stereo. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I can tell listening to the clip on the stereo that this is a high energy full sounding song. This is exactly the Madonna song I want to hear. I also like that the style is a toss back to her earlier sound. This sound will fit in well with all the other classics on the greatest hits album. I can't wait to hear the rest!

Edited by dressUup

Generally, at least what I have noticed, straight guys are not die-hard fans of any female singer. It is not that being a Madonna fan is a "gay" thing. Being a male devoted follower of any female singer is considered "gay". Straight males do like female singers and Madonna is certainly one of them. But they generally don't post on forums as much as a female or gay male.

Stereotypically, this may be true, but realistically, it isn't. I will give you that a lot of straight guys may avoid fawning over Madonna or such as a lot of people do here (gay or straight), but there are a lot of straight males who do like female artists to the degree a lot of die hard fans do of Madonna. In the U.S., it's stereotypically the COUNTRY female artists such as Shania Twain, etc. And I also think a lot of straight males are just so uncomfortable admitting the artists they like whether it's a female or male artists unless it's some kick ass edgy group like AC/DC or something in that caliber.

It's a shame that (especially in the U.S.) straight male fans feel they can't express their feelings towards a female artists like gay males. Though, I think this is pretty much restricted to U.S. I don't think Europe puts so much of an emphasis on what is considered "gay" or "straight" music.

It's pretty ridiculous.

From the 18 Seconds of the clip I must say I am happy with it for one main reason; She sounds happy :thumbsup: for her last few albums her singles have all sounded rather unhappy ( I cant think of the correct word lol). It's nice to hear Madonna sounding happy. (Only LP & GT had a more happy vibe but even then...)

Guest oulira

Also to clarify the topic title - the title is 'Celebrate.'

'Celebration' on the other hand is the name given to the Collection altogether.

It depends on the female artist. Each artist appeals to a different demographic. At Britney/Kylie/Madonna/Cher concerts you see tons of gay people and girls. But, at Mariah's concert I was surprised to see that she attracts a completely different demographic. The crowd at her show had very few gay people. The crowd was extremely diverse. Mariah attracted people of all ages, all races and a large number of black fans. Most of guys there did seem straight. Now, don't take this the wrong way. I'm not dissing gay audiences, its merely an observation of the demographics of the crowds. I was one of the gay guys that went to see Kylie, Madonna, Jane Jackson, Thalia & Cher, so its not a diss. I was expecting though to see a similar audience for Mariah, but no, Mariah's demographic was completely different from Madonna/Kylie/Britney/Cher. I was pretty surprised, I was expecting Mariah's audience to be similar to Madonna's. Janet seemed to have a lot more gay fans than Mariah.

It depends on the female artist. Each artist appeals to a different demographic. At Britney/Kylie/Madonna/Cher concerts you see tons of gay people and girls. But, at Mariah's concert I was surprised to see that she attracts a completely different demographic. The crowd at her show had very few gay people. The crowd was extremely diverse. Mariah attracted people of all ages, all races and a large number of black fans. Most of guys there did seem straight. Now, don't take this the wrong way. I'm not dissing gay audiences, its merely an observation of the demographics of the crowds. I was one of the gay guys that went to see Kylie, Madonna & Cher, so its not a diss. I was expecting though to see a similar audience for Mariah, but no, Mariah's demographic was completely different from Madonna/Kylie/Britney/Cher. I was pretty surprised, I didn't know Mariah had such a large straight and black following.

oh puh-leaze!

Seriously. Of course this is how you would stir the pot.

THE ONLY thing they have in common is that that both shit all over that pile of garbage, SHE-GOAT...which is the worst song possibly every recorded.

Be gone shakiguy.

:lmao::lmao:

oh puh-leaze!

Have you been to a Mariah concert? I probably counted like 5 gay looking people the whole time I was there, and it was the soldout 17,000 Staples Center. Again, I'm not praising her, I was just surprised at the demographic she attracted. She attracts the Mary J Blige / Patty LaBell crowd.

It depends on the female artist. Each artist appeals to a different demographic. At Britney/Kylie/Madonna/Cher concerts you see tons of gay people and girls. But, at Mariah's concert I was surprised to see that she attracts a completely different demographic. The crowd at her show had very few gay people. The crowd was extremely diverse. Mariah attracted people of all ages, all races and a large number of black fans. Most of guys there did seem straight. Now, don't take this the wrong way. I'm not dissing gay audiences, its merely an observation of the demographics of the crowds. I was one of the gay guys that went to see Kylie, Madonna, Jane Jackson, Thalia & Cher, so its not a diss. I was expecting though to see a similar audience for Mariah, but no, Mariah's demographic was completely different from Madonna/Kylie/Britney/Cher. I was pretty surprised, I was expecting Mariah's audience to be similar to Madonna's. Janet seemed to have a lot more gay fans than Mariah.

I'm sorry but the 16 people who showed up for a Mariah concert do not make a demographic.

Have you been to a Mariah concert? I probably counted like 5 gay looking people the whole time I was there, and it was the soldout 17,000 Staples Center. Again, I'm not praising her, I was just surprised at the demographic she attracted.

no...i would never lower myself to go to a mariah concert. now c'mon, you only saw 5 gay men at a mariah concert? you must be blind then. by the way i've been to every madonna concert in philadelphia and there are almost as many straight men there as there are gay men.

no...i would never lower myself to go to a mariah concert. now c'mon, you only saw 5 gay men at a mariah concert? you must be blind then. by the way i've been to every madonna concert in philadelphia and there are almost as many straight men there as there are gay men.

I'm not praising her, I was just surprised at the demographic she attracted. She attracts the Mary J Blige / Patty LaBell crowd. There where VERY few gay people at her show. Ask anyone that went to her Staples Center show.

Guest jamesshot
I'm sorry but the 16 people who showed up for a Mariah concert do not make a demographic.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Classic!

I am sorry but ANY male who is a fanatic Mariah fan is likely gay. I mean, shit, her whole career is based on the gayest shit like Rainbows, Butterflies, Unicorns. If you are a Mariah fan and say your straight after listening her drone on and on about Rainbows, Butterflies and Unicorns you are either a Republican or Larry Craig. FACT!

no...i would never lower myself to go to a mariah concert. now c'mon, you only saw 5 gay men at a mariah concert?

I saw her once AT HER PRIME and the audience rushed out before the encore... but trust me you'd be looking for gays in the audience too, anything to pass time! (my friend, A FLAMER, dragged me and even he walked outside to look at hotdogs and stuff to pass time.)

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Lots of COUPLES go to Mariah shows because GIRLFRIENDS drag them there because they bond over all those shitty ballads. Straight men DO NOT like Mariah Carey songs.

I am sorry but ANY male who is a fanatic Mariah fan is likely gay. I mean, shit, her whole career is based on the gayest shit like Rainbows, Butterflies, Unicorns. If you are a Mariah fan and say your straight after listening her drone on and on about Rainbows, Butterflies and Unicorns you are either a Republican or Larry Craig. FACT!

That's what I thought also, which is why I was so surprised by the demographic she attracted at the Staples Center show. I expected her audience to be similar to Madonna's.

maybe they relate to the DEEP MESSAGES.

though straight guys tend to like dumb women, so...