New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

We need something that's not urban, and she gave us what we need!

The whole song will leak tomorrow i'm sure!

^^^ But Why Should She Try to Appeal to the American Audience?

SHE WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER #1 IN THE USA.

That "Revolver (ft. Lil Wayne)" Rumor is Her ONLY Shot.

Offcourse I agree.. i'm usually one of those who argue we just shouldn't bother about the US music market anymore because it sucks and the radios there are controlled by ageist and other lame people... but it would be kind of nice to see her gain some success in the biggest music market in the world again... well well.. anyways i'm not speaking about a #1.. but why release a track that won't even get any chance for airplay? Atleast in Europe radios are more open to different sound and would play whatever Madonna track if it's playworthy... but not in the US unfortunately..

What bothers me mostly is that this just sounds soooo dated in every aspect.. hopefully the full thing might sound better

We need something that's not urban, and she gave us what we need!

The whole song will leak tomorrow i'm sure!

So the only other genre other than urban would be dated eurodance/club sound????

She could have come up with something fresh.. neither urban or this sound..

This is the last thing we needed!

The clip doesn't sound too bad. Production does sound a little, well, less than innovative but certainly not horrible. Considering we could've gotten NOTHING with this GH collection, I'd say it will probably be fine for the job it needs to do.

The clip doesn't sound too bad. Production does sound a little, well, less than innovative but certainly not horrible. Considering we could've gotten NOTHING with this GH collection, I'd say it will probably be fine for the job it needs to do.

I guess I agree... I also believed we wouldn't get anything so I guess it's better than nothing..

hopefully it's not an indication of what might come with the next album though... THEN we should be afraid actually..

I guess we just have to enjoy it for what it is..

Guest ursaminorjim
SHE WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER #1 IN THE USA.

And...? So what! :lol:

Really, what's with all this sturm und drang over charts? Do you think the label will drop her if she underperforms? That she'll never be able to release anything if she doesn't shift enough units?

Seriously, people. She's beyond all that. Besides, the way people buy music is changing so quickly, none of it matters at all.

i was expecting something totaly different.

this does sound very retro-euro beatish,

i will have to hear the entire song b4 i cast my judgemnt. :nocomment:

However, her voice does sound fantastic. timeless.

IM TOTALY EXXXCITED TO HEAR REVOLVER> im feelin that 1 big time. :dramatic:

Guest SuperPop
I wouldn't be so sure about that actually... it just sound a little too oldfashion... hope you're right though

'When Love Takes Over' has a an old-fashioned dance sound/production but is huge everywhere in Europe..and lets not forget the euro-dance mega hits of September and Cascada...

'When Love Takes Over' has a an old-fashioned dance sound/production but is huge everywhere in Europe..and lets not forget the euro-dance mega hits of September and Cascada...

I think it's easier for them to get away with it though.. maybe people expect something "more" from Madonna..

oh well... it'll probably become a hit in Europe... just because it's Madonna.. but doesn't take away the fact that it sound too dated for a new Madonna release anyways..

It sounds HIT. I'm in the UK and this will be huge here!

I don't know much about the US chart thing but I'm sure it will sell downloads there.

Just want to say to all those moaning that this is for a greatest hits package and will fit fine! More than fine.

She can do something else different next album.

Put all this into perspective ! She's still making new music after all these years . She works so bloody hard yet it's moan moan moan.

Stop all the negative and just be happy we have a greatest hits with 2 new songs!

Life is good ok:)

And...? So what! :lol:

Really, what's with all this sturm und drang over charts? Do you think the label will drop her if she underperforms? That she'll never be able to release anything if she doesn't shift enough units?

Seriously, people. She's beyond all that. Besides, the way people buy music is changing so quickly, none of it matters at all.

Tell That to Zezwer.

He's the One Who Thinks People Still Listen to the Radio.

Guest ursaminorjim

But...those are all terrible, terrible songs. :lol:

It's always funny how the people who like it pretty much say they like and move on...it's the negative whiners that simply go on and on and in post after post about how they don't like it and why.

Makes these type of threads so frustrating to go through for info.

Based on the 20 seconds, it's classic Madonna...perfect for a GH.

Guest ursaminorjim

That reminds me. New page!

I think because there's not enough to like that a lot of pro-"Celebrate" posters are rather brief in their priase. Once the full song is released, there'll be more to discuss about what they like and why.

It's always funny how the people who like it pretty much say they like and move on...it's the negative whiners that simply go on and on and in post after post about how they don't like it and why.

Makes these type of threads so frustrating to go through for info.

Based on the 20 seconds, it's classic Madonna...perfect for a GH.

people can be so ANAL

Guest nothingfails0603

Damn, can Madge do anything right with some people? A lot of people disliked HC because it was too hip hop and not dance enough.... she listens and gives us the dance music we want and it's still not good enough? Because of you, she'll do a country cd next, just watch :lol:

Guest ursaminorjim
Damn, can Madge do anything right with some people? A lot of people disliked HC because it was too hip hop and not dance enough.... she listens and gives us the dance music we want and it's still not good enough? Because of you, she'll do a country cd next, just watch :lol:

Hey, as long as the songs are good and she's genuine about it, she can do a fucking klezmer album and I'd be behind it.

I ADORE THE CLIP

I WANT MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE

P.S. it's times like these that I fucking hate this place. All this bitching and whining and overanalysing instead of just being OVERJOYED that there is a NEW MADONNA SONG

:lmao:

Guest ursaminorjim

Well, pardon my standards! :rant:

Don't I at least get points for my undying love of (most of) Hard Candy? And that I an drooling in anticipation for "Revolver?" And that I'm at least bothering to say why I'm underwhelmed instead of just saying "This gay shit sucks ass?" :horn: