New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

Guest ursaminorjim

Well, at least "Revolver" is on the GH as well, and by all accounts sounds similar to the leaked demo. So, I'm well and truly psyched for that.

"Celebrate" is fine, it's just inconsequential. Cute idea to reference her older lyrics (not that she doesn't already have a history of doing that, come to think of it), but I wish she would've gone whole hog with it and done a whole Burroughsian cut-up approach. Using lines from all her songs, reconfiguring and repurposing them. Like what Neil Tennant did with Bowie's "Space oddity" lyrics in the PSB remix for "Hallo spaceboy."

Well, at least "Revolver" is on the GH as well, and by all accounts sounds similar to the leaked demo. So, I'm well and truly psyched for that.

"Celebrate" is fine, it's just inconsequential. Cute idea to reference her older lyrics (not that she doesn't already have a history of doing that, come to think of it), but I wish she would've gone whole hog with it and done a whole Burroughsian cut-up approach. Using lines from all her songs, reconfiguring and repurposing them. Like what Neil Tennant did with Bowie's "Space oddity" lyrics in the PSB remix for "Hallo spaceboy."

Completely agree.

And Madonna should be banned from using the word 'waiting' in any new future songs. It's becoming like a lyrical crutch for her.

based on that 20 second clip i'll go as far to say its FUCKING AWFUL. never did i think we'd see the day Madonna made one of them cheap shitty european trance tunes. WOW its really bad.

Wow. You make it sounds as though it could have been on the soundtrack to "Bruno."

I need to hear the full track. I don't hate it by any means, but just based on this 20 sec clip I'm not feeling it even as much as 4M when that first small clip of it leaked and certainly not feeling it as much as HU when the first small clip of it leaked.

I don't know...it just sounds kind of generic, like this is the remixed form of the song. This sounds like something that would've been hot in Europe pre-Confessions days. Meh....I don't know about this one yet..... :confused:

No doubt all the queens who went on forever about her working with urban producers last year have just ejaculated on their screens over this. Has it come to Madonna ONLY being able to do THIS kind of dance music for it to be acceptable amongst her diehards?? :confused: Ugh.

I love the lyrics though and congrats to M for yet another smash in the UK. Shame about the US though.....radio won't go near this one. Hopefully it can at least do as well as HU in the US.

I can't wait for the full song to leak. I'm sure everything will come together just perfectly for me once I hear it in full!!

The 20 seconds sounds promising. Definitely has the old school "dance, get up and do your thing" going on. Sounds like one of those big rave songs as well. It could be very successful... even in the U.S. if radio will give it a chance.

I must say. It's quite disappointing to see fans pick a part of 20 second excerpt of a song. I guess if people are being honest, you can't take that away from them, but it just sounds to me that there are some who can never be pleased. It's like their stuck, hoping she's going to duplicate something she did in the past to the tee. But I'm not sure if that is true either since some are trying to compare this to "Get Together", claiming the song is awful.

For me, from what I can tell... this song is what Madonna's all about... she's one big party. So while the song may not sound like a throw back to the 80's, the theme and lyrics definitely give you that feeling. For me, that's where my appreciation all began. I'm beginning to think that if you can't get into this song, then maybe it's time to hang it up as being a fan. Because I don't know what else will please you? It seems the same fans (or it seems so) are never happy or appreciative anymore. All they want to do is sit around picking the song apart.

If you genuinely don't like it. That's fine. We all have our tastes, but from what I've read since the 20 second clip has leaked, is the same old complaints. Some people never will be pleased.

It's a shame because right now, we need all the fans to unite... especially in the U.S. and make sure this gets a fair shot on mainstream radio. I just remember back in the 80's, whatever song Madonna released, radio was so willing to play it at fan's request.

I was thinking the same thing - she may come off as being cold and callous if she does still release/promote Celebrate. I guess what she does depends on how big a deal the press make of this terrible accident.

And the big question is... Why Celebrate instead of Revolver?

maybe because it's tied with the title of the GH... but also, maybe they want to release an average track which will definitely garner attention either way... then follow it up with a more commercial track and a rent-a-rapper track... it's almost a guaranteed 2 new songs with enough attention to generate GH album sales

it's a freaking gh ppl! she certainly wouldnt do anything good or solid for a retrospective.

Why make excuses for a dated sound?

im curious as to when madonna became this avante guarde artist ppl keep expecting her to be?.. just how do u know anything by a 20 sec snippet leaked?

Guest ursaminorjim
And the big question is... Why Celebrate instead of Revolver?

Well, in commercial terms, "Celebrate" sounds like more of a winner for the UK/Europe, which is where she's had her greatest commercial impact the last few years. So it makes sense to go with that as a single.

Of course, maybe neither song will get a commercial single release so that they can pump up album sales?

Either way - who gives a fig? I mean, does anybody seriously listen to pop radio any more anyways? :lol:

The 20 seconds sounds promising. Definitely has the old school "dance, get up and do your thing" going on. Sounds like one of those big rave songs as well. It could be very successful... even in the U.S. if radio will give it a chance.

I must say. It's quite disappointing to see fans pick a part of 20 second excerpt of a song. I guess if people are being honest, you can't take that away from them, but it just sounds to me that there are some who can never be pleased. It's like their stuck, hoping she's going to duplicate something she did in the past to the tee. But I'm not sure if that is true either since some are trying to compare this to "Get Together", claiming the song is awful.

For me, from what I can tell... this song is what Madonna's all about... she's one big party. So while the song may not sound like a throw back to the 80's, the theme and lyrics definitely give you that feeling. For me, that's where my appreciation all began. I'm beginning to think that if you can't get into this song, then maybe it's time to hang it up as being a fan. Because I don't know what else will please you? It seems the same fans (or it seems so) are never happy or appreciative anymore. All they want to do is sit around picking the song apart.

If you genuinely don't like it. That's fine. We all have our tastes, but from what I've read since the 20 second clip has leaked, is the same old complaints. Some people never will be pleased.

It's a shame because right now, we need all the fans to unite... especially in the U.S. and make sure this gets a fair shot on mainstream radio. I just remember back in the 80's, whatever song Madonna released, radio was so willing to play it at fan's request.

Great post!

I'm really liking this new song so far.

im curious as to when madonna became this avante guarde artist ppl keep expecting her to be?.. just how do u know anything by a 20 sec snippet leaked?

We don't. But if people are blasting streams of cum over how much they love it, the opposition have every right to state how much they dislike it.

And no one is expecting avant garde; just good.

Guest Danny86
Has it come to Madonna ONLY being able to do THIS kind of dance music for it to be acceptable amongst her diehards?? :confused: Ugh.

Well, we got an endless list of Calderone/Rauhofer/Tracy remixes, so Madonna surely thinks at least part of her fanbase is into this kinda music.

What I'm not getting is the "OMG OLD MADONNA IS BACK" comments. I understand she's most famous for her fun dance tracks, but would THIS kinda production really describe her body of work the most? And it's not even jumping on something "currently hot" now...

Guest ursaminorjim

Agreed, Danny. Anyhoo, I reckon we should post this on each new page. Just to have a reference.

A scant...context-less...20-second reference. :lol:

Guest ursaminorjim

Who knows, maybe she'll give the track to some more forward-thinking dance remixers this time out? Kind-of like doing it in reverse?

The same people who were so obsessed with hearing this song, are now hating on it....just like I predicted. :wacko::lmao:

Personally, i'm not really feeling the 20 second clip, but i'll withhold final judgement until I hear the full track.

It does give a very eurotrash gay vibe tho...

its a freaking gh ppl!...she certainly wouldnt do anything new or abstract for a retrospective...some of u need to pull ur heads out of ur collectively snobby asses

Yes. Because Justify My Love sounded so very "Madonna".

Regardless, I love the clip of "Celebrate"!!! :dramatic:

I can see why some are hating it coz it does sound dated and I myself am not into the euro trance sound that Oakenfold has. It's just cheap and very uninspired recycled sound that every single song sounds the same.

But the usual M fan drama! I sometimes wish she had a fan base like Mariah's or MJ's who seem to worship everything they do(or did in the MJ case). :p M fans complain non-stop! Haha.

Edited by Sphere74

Guest ursaminorjim
But the usual M fan drama! I sometimes wish she had a fan base like Mariah's or MJ's who seem to worship everything they do(or did in the MJ case). :p M fans complain non-stop! Haha.

Well, maybe that's because we know what she's capable of?

I Like It. IT's GAY, EUROPEAN, AND VERY DANCEY = Right Up My Alley.:thumbsup: just another US FLOP!

I don't like it, but I guess i'm just happy to hear something new finally and I didn't expect any new material for the GH in the first place so it's a nice little treat anyways.

But she just gotta get over this gay eurodance sound... it's just as old as the generic American hip-hop...

Sounds like Cascada almost :dramatic: Reminds me of that awful "History" b-side aswell...

No... I hope for her first LN album that she really comes out with something new and fresh again.. something that will be seen as globally cool and not just some local generic sound.

This type of eurodance/club sound is like 10+ years old now..

Where's the risk-taking Madonna? The artist who was famous for coming up with something new and fresh?

Hopefully the true Madonna will comeback with the new studio album. Maybe this was just a contract thing to have new songs on the last GH release so maybe she just rushed something and didn't really bother.. atleast that's what I hope.

I would die if we get a COADF v.2 for the next album. COADF was a good album but I want back the Madonna who tried new refreshing sounds... the eurodance sound is nothing new.

People complained about Hard Candy.. but for most Europeans COADF was kind of the same.. that type of music is just soo NOT unique here.. what saved that one was that the quality was so good that it just sounded on a different level than the general eurodance stuff.. but to continue on that path.. please no

I honestly find Madonna kind of boring when she tries to appeal to some certain people... with COADF and obviously this song (Europe + gay community) .. Hard Candy (US).. she should not bother about stuff like that.. just try out new things and see where it takes her.. that's usually when she's successful.