New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

Guest bulgar

anna:

"the thing about this new track is that it almost sounds old.. but in a good way. its classic m, sexy speaking part and all, and i know u are all going to be forced to get up and dance!"

Guest Not4Pussies

ill rather get a well done montage then no video at all.

if it s done right and it includes every single madonna video/pic etc

something nice like the she's not me backdrop

anna:

"the thing about this new track is that it almost sounds old.. but in a good way. its classic m, sexy speaking part and all, and i know u are all going to be forced to get up and dance!"

No video?Gosh..HOw Lame....

Madonnatribe

Following the exciting world exclusive news we reported yesterday here, MadonnaTribe has heard more details about the upcoming Madonna single and greatest hits album.

As all our readers know by now, "Celebrate" is set to hit radio waves around the world on July 28th, but those who attended the Sticky & Sweet Tour already managed to hear a glimpse of the lead single from the new Madonna collection titled "Celebration".

"Celebrate" can indeed be heard in the show during the "Holiday" number. As reported here first, bits of both the new single and Madonna's oldie "Everybody" are sampled in the song, although fans should not be confused by the vocals introducing the song (Celebration, Celebration) which are those from Holiday and only a hint to "Celebrate" which doesn't feature vocals borrowed from Madonna's 1983 megahit but it's a completely new, kick ass uptempo anthem in pure Madonna style.

Speaking of new songs, "Revolver" is now the only second new track to be part of the Greatest Hits package, while "Broken", the other track produced by Paul Oakenfold won't be released.

Last but not least, Madonna fans will be happy to know that "Celebration", the hits collection, is a double album!

Double album, eh? Excellent move there.

And, of course M wouldn't release the track a la "Hey Now (Girls Just Wanna Have Fun)." She wrote "Celebrate" with Oakenfold, so different lyrics from "Holiday."

Well, you never know, especially with WB- as we know. :) I'm more than pleased that it will bea double release- now, hopefully there will be a deluxe edition or something, with a DVD (not S&S, as that should stay a separate release). I know, let's not get any hopes up for that.

Other big, revered acts have released single-disc career spanners- U2 being an example- and it did the band a disservice. Granted, U2 has not had the level of singles success Madonna has had, but it has had more than one disc's worth of great material.

The Beatles' 1 and Elvis' 30 #1 His were just one disc- but the songs were shorter, so they squeezed on. MJ's Number Ones certainly wasn't satisfactory (though it is the top-selling album in the USA this week). The double-disc Essential MJ thereafter did the track, for the most part.

More News /Rumours:

by annahenstridge: for all the worried fans, 'revolver' is currently included in the compilation so hopefully yall get to hear it not long from now

-----

another rumor is there will be no video for the song.

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Guest ursaminorjim
According to some rumours out there, it was supposed to be a 3cd album! I don't think anyone believed this was possible though.

Well, if she were smart and knew how to handle her catalog, there'd be a special 3-disc version released simultaneously including remixes and such. But I kinda doubt that's gonna happen.

Doesn't anyone on her team even look to see what other artists do in these situations? It'd be laughable if it weren't so heartbreaking!

All gripes aside, I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I mean, it kind-of can't help but be great, right?

Last but not least, Madonna fans will be happy to know that "Celebration", the hits collection, is a double album!

this made my day... :headbang::headbang::headbang:

uhm, they really waited just after the MJ memorial before throwing us these wonderful news... reasonable move from MADONNA's camp

Double album, eh? Excellent move there.

And, of course M wouldn't release the track a la "Hey Now (Girls Just Wanna Have Fun)." She wrote "Celebrate" with Oakenfold, so different lyrics from "Holiday."

I hate to bring this up - but - let's not forget or should I say remember her re-working of (my all-time favorite) "Into The Groove" for GAP and then on the Remixed and Revisited CD and on the ReInvention Tour.

Totally looking forward to the doubl-cd Greatest Hits, I'm a little confused though, only 2-new tracks?

Guest Pud Whacker
^TIC only had 2 new tracks. GHV2 none. STR only had 2, right?

i want you

youll see

one more chance

I don't understand why there won't be a video. :confused: I mean, she recorded new songs so it seems like she really cares about the project. But, no video?

I don't know? There was no official release for "Holiday" and that became a Madonna anthem. Hell, it never cracked the top spot, but I get the feeling it's the one song EVERYONE knows of Madonna. It's a very popular song. So maybe, they are trying to duplicate that success with "Celebration"? I don't know? Also, videos do not have the same impact anymore. I really don't see a montage being something video stations will play (whenever they do play videos). And I don't see it being a very popular video on the internet.

WB needs to make sure they push this single. Radio won't play it if WB just releases it without a big push. And maybe Madonna will add it to her show as a full song before she finishes up the leg of this tour?

I'm excited though. I can't wait to hear the new song.

I don't know? There was no official release for "Holiday" and that became a Madonna anthem. Hell, it never cracked the top spot, but I get the feeling it's the one song EVERYONE knows of Madonna. It's a very popular song. So maybe, they are trying to duplicate that success with "Celebration"? I don't know? Also, videos do not have the same impact anymore. I really don't see a montage being something video stations will play (whenever they do play videos). And I don't see it being a very popular video on the internet.

WB needs to make sure they push this single. Radio won't play it if WB just releases it without a big push. And maybe Madonna will add it to her show as a full song before she finishes up the leg of this tour?

I'm excited though. I can't wait to hear the new song.

I think Like a Virgin would be the song that the masses would most associate with Madonna.

But I think a video is a must. People need to see that she's still hot and can work it.

Madonnatribe

Following the exciting world exclusive news we reported yesterday here, MadonnaTribe has heard more details about the upcoming Madonna single and greatest hits album.

As all our readers know by now, "Celebrate" is set to hit radio waves around the world on July 28th, but those who attended the Sticky & Sweet Tour already managed to hear a glimpse of the lead single from the new Madonna collection titled "Celebration".

"Celebrate" can indeed be heard in the show during the "Holiday" number. As reported here first, bits of both the new single and Madonna's oldie "Everybody" are sampled in the song, although fans should not be confused by the vocals introducing the song (Celebration, Celebration) which are those from Holiday and only a hint to "Celebrate" which doesn't feature vocals borrowed from Madonna's 1983 megahit but it's a completely new, kick ass uptempo anthem in pure Madonna style.

Speaking of new songs, "Revolver" is now the only second new track to be part of the Greatest Hits package, while "Broken", the other track produced by Paul Oakenfold won't be released.

So only two new tracks? Hmm, better than nothing. Happy to see that it'll be 2 discs. Finally Madonna will have a proper GH.

Edited by Lymon

Guest ursaminorjim

Someone's makeup artist or something. Apparently an insider who has no difficulty leaking information.

^Some chick who supposedly has an inside scoop. But, has she proven to be reliable in the past? Is this who MTribe gets its info from?

Yes, Madge is re-starting her career with "Celebration" by not filming a video- so, she'll land a top 20 hit and go onto score 30-plus top 10 hits over the next 25 years. :gent:

It will be interesting to see how this works in terms of iTuns availability. Will Wb withhold it to boost sales of the album, or will it not rely on the single and actually put together a great package, overall?

Guest bulgar

more news from anna:

'cool' might actually end up as a b side or something, we'll see. its a fierce track. 'broken' is just dull, pointless to release it and it does sound rather similar to 'celebrate' anyway. frank and m cooperated on 'revolver' only.

Can't wait for July 28th!!!

I'm sure nobody is going to be satisfied with the GH tracklisting. And being that Celebrate seems to be in the same vein thematically as her recent work, I'm sure once it leaks most will hate it too. And since she's in the middle of a tour, I don't see heavy promo happening.....so to her "fans" she's going to be a greedy, lazy bitch that doesn't care about making music they want to hear anymore. Then again, Celebrate seems a bit more Euro so that in itself should give it the automatic stamp of brilliance by quite a few.

Being that I didn't think we were going to get anything new at all on the GH. 2 new songs is fine with me. I could care less about videos for a project like this. This GH regardless of what she does promo wise, isn't going to be a massive seller. 1x platinum in the US......and that is being generous.