New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

MadonnaTribe has just heard and can report an exciting and thrilling World Exclusive News.

"Celebrate", the lead single from Madonna's upcoming Greatest Hits package "Celebration" is set to hit radio waves around the world on July 28th!

Iconography was never confirmed- and neither is Celebration, though that one seems more likely.

Supposedly, the music used during "Holiday" on the S&S Tour is the music for "Celebrate"?

Guest jamesshot

"Celebration"? Ugh. WHY???????

"Celebrate"? Betta be good M.

I don't know why but I don't have a great feeling about this project.

It's a compilation, with just a couple new songs- its commercial potential is limited, anyhow.

Will WB make a montage video for the song, of clips from her 26 years with the label?

I'm just glad the first single isn't a track featuring a rapper or anyone else.

"Celebration"? Ugh. WHY???????

"Celebrate"? Betta be good M.

I don't know why but I don't have a great feeling about this project.

It's the last project with Warner, and she's basically over with them, the fact that we even get new songs with this project is good enough. Why should she put so much effort in a GH btw? GH nowadays is nothing special..

why the constant negativity? I didn't even expect new songs.. but I guess some people will never be happy.

Guest jamesshot
It's a compilation, with just a couple new songs- its commercial potential is limited, anyhow.

Will WB make a montage video for the song, of clips from her 26 years with the label?

I'm just glad the first single isn't a track featuring a rapper or anyone else.

With the right marketing and what not, this could be decently huge ( for today's standards). I am not expecting anything near TIC. LOL. I just want it to be a good, solid project with at least 1 really good, memorable new song. Not some throwaway dance trash that will be forgotten in 3 months.

Guest jamesshot
It's the last project with Warner, and she's basically over with them, the fact that we even get new songs with this project is good enough. Why should she put so much effort in a GH btw? GH nowadays is nothing special..

why the constant negativity? I didn't even expect new songs.. but I guess some people will never be happy.

You're right. Most GH are nothing special. But we are talking about Madonna here. She has a back catalogue second to none really. This IS her last project with WBR. Why shouldn't she put effort into this? It is her legacy. I am thrilled we get some new music but I want it to be GOOD new music. If it is trash, what's the point? I know plenty of casual/non-fans that will buy a career spanning GH from her.

You're right. Most GH are nothing special. But we are talking about Madonna here. She has a back catalogue second to none really. This IS her last project with WBR. Why shouldn't she put effort into this? It is her legacy. I am thrilled we get some new music but I want it to be GOOD new music. If it is trash, what's the point? I know plenty of casual/non-fans that will buy a career spanning GH from her.

I kind of agree.. I just mean that she probably doesn't bother too much to make an effort with Warner anymore, she's over them. This is more "their" project than hers I think. It's getting released because of a contract. I don't think it would if it wasn't for the contract in the first place actually.

But offcourse I also want good stuff from Madonna.. I just don't think that we should expect too much from this project... but I might be wrong offcourse.

Not some throwaway dance trash that will be forgotten in 3 months.

Yes those TIC mixes weren't so good were they? :(

I doubt this tracklisting will be welcomed by purists and there will be complaints about butchered edits etc, but I hope they do as good as possible. Since this is a representation of her whole legacy it has to be up to snuff.

If "Celebrate" is a "Holiday"-like track, then I doubt it's going to be "dance trash." COADF had plenty of great dance tracks, yet none post-HU were notable U.S. hits, so in a sense, they were "forgotten" about (or never had the chance to be remembered, to be forgotten).

Hopefully WB does a good job with the packaging and content.

And don't start again on TIC, loom- apparently they're not all that forgotten, being that TIC remains her top-selling catalog album by far. :)

Part of GT's music is similar to the beginning of "Holiday," so in a way, this will brings thing full circle.

I think his point was... why come at it from a negative perspective? Why not just enjoy the fact something new is coming? Why speculate it's demise? Seems pointless at this point since no one has heard it yet. Other than the claims, it's infused in "Holiday" (which no one can really clearly identify), no one knows what it sounds like .

"Celebration" kinda makes sense here, especially if it's going to feature her biggest hits to date. She went into WARNERS "celebrating", so why not go out the same way?

Guest jamesshot
I kind of agree.. I just mean that she probably doesn't bother too much to make an effort with Warner anymore, she's over them. This is more "their" project than hers I think. It's getting released because of a contract. I don't think it would if it wasn't for the contract in the first place actually.

But offcourse I also want good stuff from Madonna.. I just don't think that we should expect too much from this project... but I might be wrong offcourse.

I certainly think she should bother with this. It might be their project but it is her legacy, her great songs. She shouldn't take this lightly. She needs to do everything in her power to make this an "event". After this, WBR will rape the shit outta her back catalogue so *this* project needs to be the one that really counts if that makes sense.