New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

Well, pardon my standards! :rant:

Don't I at least get points for my undying love of (most of) Hard Candy? And that I an drooling in anticipation for "Revolver?" And that I'm at least bothering to say why I'm underwhelmed instead of just saying "This gay shit sucks ass?" :horn:

Oh it wasn't directed at you darling!

Just the general tone of the thread. Plus, just how much can people analyse out of 19 seconds? It's a bit funny really.

Guest superman
Celebration will be huge .... End of!

yes, its will be huge hit!! because the title 'celebration" connects to everyone of us!! for the masses. wise choice madonna!!!!

Guest ursaminorjim

True. And I'm still open to this being potentially much better than this clips is leading me to believe. And who knows what can happen in a remix?

But I don't think we should all get crabby about people's reactions. They're just opinions, we're all entitled. :)

Guest SuperPop
Pliz no.

I hate Cascada with passion..I am just saying that people who like that style of eurodance could also love Celebrate.....

Damn, can Madge do anything right with some people? A lot of people disliked HC because it was too hip hop and not dance enough.... she listens and gives us the dance music we want and it's still not good enough? Because of you, she'll do a country cd next, just watch :lol:

I know what you mean! 25 plus years of great music. Some misses yet many huge successes. And the more I read about the complaints over a 20 second clip, it puts me in stitches.

To me, this is pretty close to classic Madonna we're going to get without her pimping out one of her old songs Ala "Hey Now Hey Now, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" style.

I am not going to say that this song is new ground breaking music. But c'mon people, I just get the feeling that Madonna was looking to put together a track that reminiscences/pays homage to her old party and dance tracks. I certainly never expected she would produce something totally different since the GH's theme is "celebrating" her past 25 plus years of work. And from what it sounds like, it's concentrated more on the fun and uplifting tracks of her career.

I just don't get the criticism... where it's just not good enough... not enough time/effort/creativity put into it, etc?? That's just ridiculous. You get that all from a 20 second clip? And even so... did you really expect she was going to bring a new sound to the table for a GREATEST HITS package "celebrating" her career??

Let's not forget that "American Life" was quite different from what she was doing. I really feel there was a lot of thought and time put into this project, but many of you hate this album too.

I really think a lot of people have lost their appreciation for her. So now whatever she does, is never good enough.

Guest superman
Well, pardon my standards! :rant:

Don't I at least get points for my undying love of (most of) Hard Candy? And that I an drooling in anticipation for "Revolver?" And that I'm at least bothering to say why I'm underwhelmed instead of just saying "This gay shit sucks ass?" :horn:

which one is gay shit song? "Celebrate"?

i think madonna was being fair for her fans - " Celebration" single is for her gay fans and 'REVOLVER' single for her young hip-hop, or straight fans. -

Well yes, but after almost ten years of posting on online Madonna forums (yes, I'm that old) one just becomes more aware of the trends and behaviour patterns of internet fans; and this is a classic example. I do it myself, don't get me wrong, but 99% of the time all my opinions really take a backseat at the sheer joy and excitement of something NEW by Madonna. It transcends everything else. Yes, even if I hate it at start I still play it to death and I'm just HAPPY that there's MORE MORE MORE.

Pud will get my point. But then maybe we're the "loons". :thumbsup:

"When Love takes Over" is not a terrible song, ursa- the others mentioned, can take or leave (mostly leave).

Definitely need to hear the whole track. Weren't some unenthused by the HU snippet, too? Or lots of other leaked snippets from the last decade?

i think madonna was being fair for her fans - " Celebration" single is for her gay fans and 'REVOLVER' single for her young hip-hop, or straight fans. -

I Fit Those Criteria :D

LOL, but I love Revolver over this......even the Frozen mash-up with the Calvin Harris song is 10X better than this snip.......but I shall wait to hear the full song to give my final judgement over "Celebrate." Still in shock that she chose such a general and obvious title like "Celebrate" for a song.... :dramatic:

Guest ursaminorjim

:(

Where do I fit in? (lower lip trembles)

So it's gay vs. straight fans?? Honestly, we have no confirmation other than speculation that REVOLVER is even the other new track. And even so, I guess I'm one fan who doesn't look at her songs as "gay" or "straight". They're just songs... songs I either enjoy or don't enjoy. What I've heard of "Celebration" it sounds promising. And I also really enjoyed the demo leak of "Revolver" (even with the rap) and think if hers is anything like the leaked demo, it will be pretty great.

I just don't understand why people have to label music... especially for straight or gay people? Certainly, I do understand there is an overwhelming general gay fan base for Madonna, but there is also a lot of straight fans who just enjoy her music, no matter how it sounds. I know I do.

Whitney has a new cd coming out first one in many years. My aunt is a huge fan and has waited for this a long time...

Today she said that madonna (who she likes too ) is an amazing energy and creative force.

We are lucky to have her. She gives us new things to look forward to constantly. Think now of all the mj fans and how they haven't had new stuff for years and now his tragic death.

What I'm trying to say other great artists have , for one reason or another , taken many years out of the industry and their fans have waited. We get new material on a regular basis. She mixes it up too!

Let's celebrate what we have.

And I have full respect for MJ and Whitney - I just used these greats as an example.

From the clip, it reminds me of Obsessed by Mariah Carey (not musically obviously). Both songs are songs that I'd enjoy listening to by artists that I'm a fan of, but both songs also aren't very memorable. I like them, but they seem like forgettable songs. Both songs are not destined to become classics by them. I don't think it will flop, but I don't think it will go on to become an M classic. I'm guessing quick rise, quick fall.

This sounds like the type of song I'd add to my workout playlist on my iPhone, so I do like the song, I just don't think it will become a memorable M hit. But, it will definitely be a huge club hit and a hit in Europe.

i'm definitely excited for it although it does sound like it was recorded on fire island during low tea haha

i'm hoping this is paul jokenfold's remix because wasn't it supposed to sound a teeny bit like holiday?

i'm definitely not judging it by this snippet because the song can go so many places that a 19 second clip can't possibly show you

for all we know the song could transform into five different styles of dance music and this is just the euro gay trash portion haha

Based on this short clip, "Celebrate" sounds like a fun track. It has a retro vibe, to be sure, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. I also like the nods to her past hits. Leitmotif in a songwriter's lyrics is always something that I find interesting.

The demo of "Revolver" sounds great too and shows a lot of promise. Thankfully Lil Wayne's contribution (at least in the demo) isn't completely insufferable and actually sounds organic to the track -- unlike Kanye's schtick in "Beat Goes On."

At any rate, I think both tracks should sound pretty interesting on the album, contrasted with the classics.

From the clip, it reminds me of Obsessed by Mariah Carey (not musically obviously). Both songs are songs that I'd enjoy listening to by artists that I'm a fan of, but both songs also aren't very memorable. I like them, but they seem like forgettable songs. Both songs are not destined to become classics by them. I don't think it will flop, but I don't think it will go on to become an M classic. I'm guessing quick rise, quick fall.

This sounds like the type of song I'd add to my workout playlist on my iPhone, so I do like the song, I just don't think it will become a memorable M hit. But, it will definitely be a huge club hit and a hit in Europe.

geez, we've only heard 20 secs of this song

i'm definitely excited for it although it does sound like it was recorded on fire island during low tea haha

And why not? She's never done a track like that before - it's a first for her. :thumbsup: