It's "Erotica" Month

IsaacHarris

I remember hearing and taping Erotica the song on Open House Party for the first time in September 1992. It blew me away. It was the first Madonna album I got on the first day it came out.

It was so sexed up and so aggressive and so confident. So self-aware. Woohoo Erotica.

My FAVE album EVER

It has a special place in my life too..being 15 and coming to terms with everything, it was the soundtrack to my teen years

EROTICA is my all time favorite MADONNA ALBUM !

my name is Dita, I'll be your mistress........

feel it on my fingertips, your loves coming down like...

im not happy when i act this way........

i cant help falling in love........

my eyes light up when you call my name.......

you say you love me always thinkin of me but were never together....

Madonna-Erotica-front.jpg

MADTOE.gif

withMadonnaandTony.jpg

madonna1992collageCPsm.jpg

My mom strongly urged me to stop listening to Madonna when Erotica came out. Her reasoning? "She's not a very nice woman." :lol:

A few tracks later, "Waiting," a veritable sequel to the steely, in-your-face spoken-word of "Justify My Love," addresses rejection and unrequited love in a more brutally honest fashion: "Don't go breaking my heart like you said you would," she sings despondently yet sincerely. Here's a woman who entered into a relationship after the man she loves told her he wouldn't be able to love her back. :dramatic:

And yet she still took the risk, which is exactly what Erotica is about. Forget the whips and chains of the brilliant, otherworldly ode to S&M that is "Erotica"—

"Waiting" is the ultimate masochism, one that is entered into with full knowledge of what the emotional consequences will be. :queenbitch:

The very first lyric, "Well, I know from experience that if you have to ask for something more than once or twice, it wasn't yours in the first place," which she utters with the same amount of interest a star of her stature might apply to buying a new pair of shoes, also happens to be one of the best opening lines to a pop song since "I guess I should have known by the way you parked your car sideways that it wouldn't last." :clap:

"Waiting" is One Of Madonna's Best Songs, IMO.

Here, We WORSHIP Madonna's BEST Album. :demonic:

Oh, is it "Ray of Light" month? :lol:

Guest nothingfails0603

In hindsight, Erotica is not one of her best albums because it has the highest filler ratio, but it was still a magical time, even tho sadly a really bad time at the same as I was worried this was going to be the end for her as she had such a gigantic backlash.

I remember all the disagreements I had with my mom when this album came out, she thought Madonna was a whore and I thought Madonna was the coolest person was alive :lol:. I remember having a random dream where my parents bought me a copy of Sex and cut all the dirty pictures out :rofl:

Luckily years later I was able to find a sealed Japanese copy of the book at a local indie music shop (I got the Girlie Show book back in summer 95 when I was on vacation with my parents and found it in a clearance book bin with CD entact), and hell just a week or two back I posted that I lucked into a vinyl copy of the album.

Bad Girl is still in my top 5 or so M videos of all time, one of her most underrated.

Erotica is #1 on my list yall.

For some reason, my computer slows down ( only !) when someone like ISAACHARRIC has a large

moving .gif as their signature. Not so much the avatar, but when its a large sig that moves my

PC becomes retarded. This doesnt happen on any other site...why is that ????? :confused:

In hindsight, Erotica is not one of her best albums because it has the highest filler ratio,

What you might consider "filler" others might consider to be awesome. Erotica has no more filler than Ray Of Light and Like A Prayer.

What you might consider "filler" others might consider to be awesome. Erotica has no more filler than Ray Of Light and Like A Prayer.

True! IMO the only filler is Did you do it, the rest is brilliant.

"Did You Do It" is Such a Guilty Pleasure of mine.

"I Can't Stop Once I Get Started

Yo Honey, uh, GET THEM LEGS PARTED!!!!" :erotica:

I Know ALL the words too. :chuckle:

For some reason, my computer slows down ( only !) when someone like ISAACHARRIC has a large

moving .gif as their signature. Not so much the avatar, but when its a large sig that moves my

PC becomes retarded. This doesnt happen on any other site...why is that ????? :confused:

Do You Use Internet Explorer or Firefox?