Sticky and Sweet Tour SKY Broadcast - The Viewing Thread

Braby

:hand: LOON

You know it....And we know you wont be in MATALAN...not while PEACOCKS keep their prices SO LOW :D

Guest jamesshot

Hmmm.

Honestly, I have watched Youtube performances of her Argentina concerts, the one taped for this DVD, and I much prefer her actual live vocals on *most* songs to this horrible dubbed-in vocals. It does not sound authentic in the least. Very disappointing.

For instance. Take Candy Shop. Her actual vocals aren't bad at all. They aren't great but the song doesn't require a stellar vocal. The actual vocal is much better to this dubbed-in shit. The actual vocal was a bit gritty and it worked.

I was VERY disappointed with "You Must Love Me". It sounded a hundred times better on the YouTube clips I have seen from Argentina to the DVD version. She def. nailed the vocals better in Houston ( and other cities) on this song. But still it seems they tampered with perfectly fine live vocals.

There are some songs she just never did well on this tour and they did need to touch up the vocal but not to the point it sounds completely canned.

Some of the editing is too jumpy. It's more like a music video than a concert DVD.

She's Not Me sounded like they used her actual live vocal. It sounded good.

Haven't finished watching all the clips but so far, I am a bit let down. Vocally, this was not her best tour. But they didn't need to completely dub in canned vocals like they did here.

Hmmm.

Honestly, I have watched Youtube performances of her Argentina concerts, the one taped for this DVD, and I much prefer her actual live vocals on *most* songs to this horrible dubbed-in vocals. It does not sound authentic in the least. Very disappointing.

For instance. Take Candy Shop. Her actual vocals aren't bad at all. They aren't great but the song doesn't require a stellar vocal. The actual vocal is much better to this dubbed-in shit. The actual vocal was a bit gritty and it worked.

I was VERY disappointed with "You Must Love Me". It sounded a hundred times better on the YouTube clips I have seen from Argentina to the DVD version. She def. nailed the vocals better in Houston ( and other cities) on this song. But still it seems they tampered with perfectly fine live vocals.

There are some songs she just never did well on this tour and they did need to touch up the vocal but not to the point it sounds completely canned.

Some of the editing is too jumpy. It's more like a music video than a concert DVD.

She's Not Me sounded like they used her actual live vocal. It sounded good.

Haven't finished watching all the clips but so far, I am a bit let down. Vocally, this was not her best tour. But they didn't need to completely dub in canned vocals like they did here.

wait till tou hear Borderline :chuckle:

Guest jamesshot

^^^ I did hear Borderline. Though the vocals needed to be tweaked they didn't have to go and use a weak dub. LOL.

I've seen her last 3 tours and while i enjoyed this one, I hate the fact that she is not singing up to her capabilities... she sounded very bad for me even in songs that were not that difficult.....i've heard clips in europe and she sounded awsome in You must love me...but awful in America. In Montreal she sounded OK, i guess by the time she hit Argentina she sounded awful. I was hoping she improved in this summer, but the clips i've heard she sounds absolutely bad in all songs!. :S

So, in conclusion, yes, the clips sound fake, but only because she sounded like shit this time, so it was NEEDED. I personnaly prefer decent vocals over heavy dance routines, but I guess nobody wants a DWT again (one of my faves even tho i never saw it live). RIT was the perfect combination and she still sounded awsome in most of CT. SST is full of dance from beginning to end, so its understandable, hopefully next time is more balanced so she can catch her breath and sing better.

Is it possibvle that was broadcast will be different on the DVD, as far as the vocals? I haven't seen the other performances, but why the need to mess with the vocals that much? Confessions didn't have nearly as much touching up (LS being the obvious one).

Guest jamesshot
Is it possibvle that was broadcast will be different on the DVD, as far as the vocals? I haven't seen the other performances, but why the need to mess with the vocals that much? Confessions didn't have nearly as much touching up (LS being the obvious one).

Let's hope so.

Guest Danny86

No, not possible at all. What would be the point to put a lot of time and effort to edit the audio with the new vocals, only to revert back for live vocals on DVD.

They messed with the vocals because that's how Madonna wanted it. She knows she was far from her best and that's not how she wants the show to be preserved. Sorry HG but Madonna sounded crap during "Borderline" on basically all the shows, especially towards the end of the tour (Buenos Aires was that) so even if these DVD vocals are "very weird", it's still better than having VMA98-esque vocals with Madonna struggling on an otherwise perfectly filmed DVD. The DVD is not meant to be authentic, it's more like a music video.

And yeah, I think it's clear she focused on the dancing on this tour, instead of the vocals (unlike DWT or RIT). Also, remember Madonna or LN never hunted down tour clips on YouTube, so it's even possible they wanted to give something "new" for the fans with polished vocals because everyone can see and hear real vocals on many good quality fan recordings...

I've just watched the DAD video and the syncing is all over the place and compeletely out of time with the vocals. I'm wondering if Absolutemadonna got these from youtube? I've had issues when I've loaded up videos that the soundtrack and video get out of sync somehow during the upload process.

Just looked at Beat Goes On and Miles Away. The syncing on those is out too. Anyone experiencing this?

Guest Danny86

^I read that ALL the AbMad videos are out of sync, that's not just you. They most likely put them up in a rush because they knew it would take ages with the actual HQ show.

Guest nothingfails0603

So because TCT didn't do blockbuster ratings on NBC, are we now forever screwed from having M concerts aired in the US again?

Surely HBO can take a night out from airing The Dark Knight for the 300th time and airing last week's True Blood for the 20th time and air Madonna just once.

^I read that ALL the AbMad videos are out of sync, that's not just you. They most likely put them up in a rush because they knew it would take ages with the actual HQ show.

Cool, thanks. Sometimes my quicktime can slow down so wanted to check.

Tour does look great though in all its glory.

i just watched it again, now with the perspective of seeing the show live, and its even fucking better...

THIS. WOMAN. IS. AMAZING.

Also fact fans in the UK, its on Sky Plus ANYTIME for the week so you can watch it whenever ad free

Anyone know if there is a torrent of this yet?

Yes! Not sure if it's the same file from Absolumentmadonna, but it is an AVI @ 1.2 GB (actually it says 1.1 GB for me).

http://thebox.bz/details.php?id=83216

I had to register an account to access it. It was easy. Downloaded the whole thing within a couple hours time. Very nice. Audio is in sync. Video is really good quality. NOT HD, but before HD came along, people wouldn't even bat an eye at this. This will certainly do until the DVD or an HD version comes along. And if neither came along, I think most everyone would be satisfied with this.

A few notes -

#1 - THANK YOU to whomever posted the download links - the quality is impeccable

#2 - some of you need to calm down about the vocal topic. I know that some of you are still deluded by the idea that she sings every song live, but she doesn't and it is often never until the professional recording drops that this becomes abundantly clear - Heartbeat, for instance - to everyone listening. The only song that was dubbed here that I know of that was definitely live at the show was Vogue. Borderline is just as "shitty" (in quotes because I never had a problem with the way it sounded live) here as it was last year.

#3 - The tour is much better on TV than it was live - unless you are at the foot of the catwalk, you cannot appreciate the stage pictures appropriately. I fell like I saw an entriely different show and I saw it from three tremendously different angles - once in an Arena and twice in stadiums.

#4 - a Great audience is irreplaceable - and I saw the show in Jersey, San Diego and Los Angeles - and next time around, I'm going abroad. American audiences suck ass royally.

Edited by jonluvsmaddy

#4 - a Great audience is irreplaceable - and I saw the show in Jersey, San Diego and Los Angeles - and next time around, I'm going abroad. American audiences suck ass royally.

I actually thought Chicago had a good crowd on the Drowned World Tour, and on Confessions, she even comments how she was shocked how good the crowd in Vegas was. However, I will give it up to Argentina - I've ever seen a U.S. crowd react like that before. Simply amazing.

I've read some UK TV forums and it sounds like a lot of non-Madonna fans actually liked the Sky1 broadcast (at least those that watched or recorded it). There were the occasional put-downs "what a trampy granny" but almost always followed by "but she puts on an awesome live show."

The file that's on absolumentmadonna.fr is in great quality; I really recommend it!

Its a 1gb file though. An HD file will be around 6-9 gb's. I'm going to wait till an HD file shows up, that way I can watch the show for the first time in HD. CT looked much better in HD. I'd rather wait to see it in HD first.

Its a 1gb file though. An HD file will be around 6-9 gb's. I'm going to wait till an HD file shows up, that way I can watch the show for the first time in HD. CT looked much better in HD. I'd rather wait to see it in HD first.

Where did you see CT in HD? Watching a normal DVD on a HD tv doesnt count as HD. lol