Sticky and Sweet Tour SKY Broadcast - The Viewing Thread

Braby

Guest BytheBay
really sucks...it doesn't take that long to put up a torrent

even a low q rip of the show isn't up in full yet

what is this? 1998?

heaven forbid people don't drop what they are doing and rip the show for you.

good god.

it will show when it shows. it hasn't barely been 24 hours yet.

^Was asking about the broadcast vocals (which obviously are not the ones from the concert). :) Did they do a good job of putting the new "Borderline" vocals in, so they match up well with her mouth? :D

So, with "Borderline," they basically took a new studio-recorded vocal and used it for the broadcast/DVD. The youtube link is off- for those who watched it live, did the vocals for that one at least match up to her mouth movements? With LS on the Confessions DVD, there's one instance where you can plainly see her mouth movements are off with the studio-recorded vocal that wasi n used in place of the actual vocals from that night.

Some parts of the new vocal sound like they could have been from the actual concert (the "growls")- but for the most part, she sang it kinda quiet and sweet in the studio.

I agree. It sounded like the dubbed in alternate vocals in. They weren't polished. I'm sure they did it to give a more live effect to it. And yes, I noticed the growls were in there like in most of the performances.

I only saw the broadcast version on-line. Video wasn't very good. So it was hard to tell if anything matched up. But what I can tell, it looked like they did a very good job polishing up her vocals on all her songs without overdoing it. Borderline was the most noticeable to me. They dubbed in a more subtle softer voice in for her.

I don't mind that they polished up her voice. It still is far different from the originals. And if they left them "as is", we'd hear fans bitching how awful she sounded. So there is no "win win" here.

I'm just amazed they can dub in these vocals and pretty much pull it off as if she's actually singing them at that event.

I agree. It sounded like the dubbed in alternate vocals in. They weren't polished. I'm sure they did it to give a more live effect to it. And yes, I noticed the growls were in there like in most of the performances.

I only saw the broadcast version on-line. Video wasn't very good. So it was hard to tell if anything matched up. But what I can tell, it looked like they did a very good job polishing up her vocals on all her songs without overdoing it. Borderline was the most noticeable to me. They dubbed in a more subtle softer voice in for her.

I don't mind that they polished up her voice. It still is far different from the originals. And if they left them "as is", we'd hear fans bitching how awful she sounded. So there is no "win win" here.

I'm just amazed they can dub in these vocals and pretty much pull it off as if she's actually singing them at that event.

I can't understand why someone would put so much effort and emphasis on trying to find out if someone's vocals were polished during a concert. Let alone, someone who they are clearly a big fan of.... The concert is amazing. Can't we leave it at that. What kind of fans are we? lol

i just dont understand it. Maybe I'm the one with the problem..who knows. lol. Enjoy the show

heaven forbid people don't drop what they are doing and rip the show for you.

good god.

it will show when it shows. it hasn't barely been 24 hours yet.

ur making it sound like giving labor

setting up a ripped file for p2p sharing takes minutes

I can't understand why someone would put so much effort and emphasis on trying to find out if someone's vocals were polished during a concert. Let alone, someone who they are clearly a big fan of.... The concert is amazing. Can't we leave it at that. What kind of fans are we? lol

i just dont understand it. Maybe I'm the one with the problem..who knows. lol. Enjoy the show

Actually, I agree. But there isn't really much of "trying to find out". It's quite obvious. And like you, I really don't care. I just know some people get all uptight about it being messed with. And if it isn't, then we have people complaining she sucks. Duh?? Madonna has never been the best live vocalist. I became a fan because of her over all entertaiment, not just her live vocals.

ur making it sound like giving labor

setting up a ripped file for p2p sharing takes minutes

Actually, he didn't. It's just people are making these demands. It's quite ridiculous. People rip programs, DVD's, shows off television, etc., because they can and want to. Not every one is that savy with the computer.

That said; I am surprised nothing has come about by now. There are some TV shows I download through torrents which are put up by the next day. They are always in HD.

the show is amazing all the performances are beyond anything i expected to be on film. they did the best job ever

as for her vocals, i dont really care if its polished. it was made to present a better show as she dances so much her vocals suffers a lot, she was singing the entire thing we already know that! if the sound that comes out of tv is from the day they filmed i dont give a shit, its her voice anyway enhanced or not and it sounds LIKE A BIRD THANK GOD NOT A CROW LOL

Guest Danny86

Found this on another forum:

Hey people, a lot of you wonder when the HQ is going to be posted. SKY1 is only available in the UK, so I relied on a friend to record it for the website. He recorded the show in HD but the file is over 80GB!!! We’re trying to find solutions to convert the file without losing quality. I’ll post it as soon as I get it, but I can’t be more precise on when… Thank you for your patience.

zasck from abmad.

You can give ideas at http://www.facebook.com/absolumentmadonna

Guest BytheBay
But you did take the time to cuss him out. How nice and helpful.

while not as nice as having a breakdown whenever someone mentions britney in a critical light or disagrees with your opinion i do try.

anythign for the cause :)

I watched this and it reminded me how I was utterly underwhelmed by the show last year. It had moments of her usual genius - Into The Groove is in the top 10 of her live performances but it really was mediocre on the whole and it has the worst opening of a Madonna tour ever. I was glad I didn't get tickets for this year's trek.

THose ad bumpers are nowhere near as good as the BLOIND AMBITION LIVE FROM BARCELONA that was on Sky Movies in 1990, they were sponsored by ABBEY NATIONAL and had SONIA singing over them :D

THose ad bumpers are nowhere near as good as the BLOIND AMBITION LIVE FROM BARCELONA that was on Sky Movies in 1990, they were sponsored by ABBEY NATIONAL and had SONIA singing over them :D

Best Madonna broadcast ever.

Best Madonna broadcast ever.

WASNT IT JUST!!

*random man on stage giving T shirts to Madge and the crew*

Watched by 254,000 or a 1.6% total share.

That's disappointing, especially as I've just read Saturday night saw the biggest multi-channel share in television history.

What with the heavy promotion, I was expecting three times as many as that figure. Sky did all they could, it was a decent broadcast and the amount and length of commercial breaks wasn't too bad. Not to forget the FABULOUS break bumpers with the Matalan girls.

Seems Madonna isn't a big televisual attraction anymore.

That's disappointing, especially as I've just read Saturday night saw the biggest multi-channel share in television history.

What with the heavy promotion, I was expecting three times as many as that figure. Sky did all they could, it was a decent broadcast and the amount and length of commercial breaks wasn't too bad. Not to forget the FABULOUS break bumpers with the Matalan girls.

Seems Madonna isn't a big televisual attraction anymore.

I don't think she is as much of a televisual draw as she used to be but there's also no way she'd get the figures on Sky that she got for Confessions on C4 (1 million and 6.5%). I expected around 250,000.

To put it into some perspective, it was second to The Simpsons with 292,000 and held its audience reasonably well. The Saturday before that slot averaged 63.2k so Sky will be happy. Interestingly the audience fell from 213k at 23:15 to to 33k at 23:30 so everyone really was there for Madge it seems.

Looking deeper (fuck I'm DULL)...on average:

180k were 35 years +

62.6k were 16 - 34 years (disappointing)

143.6k were ABC1 (socio economic grading, essentially middle class)

98.9k were C2DE (socio economic grading, essentially working class)

118.9k were men

123.7k were women

How the fuck do they get those figures? ahahahha.

It's all smoke and mirrors (and I don't really have a great amount of faith in it). Essentially there are around 5,100 households (11,000 individuals) who are, statistically, representative of the viewing public. It's these 5,100 households' viewing habits that are monitored their figures are then extrapolated to represent the nation's.

It's all smoke and mirrors (and I don't really have a great amount of faith in it). Essentially there are around 5,100 households (11,000 individuals) who are, statistically, representative of the viewing public. It's these 5,100 households' viewing habits that are monitored their figures are then extrapolated to represent the nation's.

But how do they get them? Are their remotes wired up and every time they change the channel it's logged? Presume they get paid for this? I want my viewing habits monitored!

But how do they get them? Are their remotes wired up and every time they change the channel it's logged? Presume they get paid for this? I want my viewing habits monitored!

Don't we all, dear? I think they have a special type of remote where it monitors what's being watched and then who exactly is watching (ie. one button for Braby, one for Mr. Braby, one for Mrs. Braby etc.). No, they don't get paid for it, they may receive gift vouchers and so on but not monetary payment. Unfortunately you can't request to be a panel member, they're selected by BARB.

In such a fractured and increasingly niche digital market there's an argument that BARB data is now out of date (with each household being representative of 5k viewers, one person not watching a small digital channel can have a huge effect). Surely there's a more reliable technical solution on the way?

Don't we all, dear? I think they have a special type of remote where it monitors what's being watched and then who exactly is watching (ie. one button for Braby, one for Mr. Braby, one for Mrs. Braby etc.). No, they don't get paid for it, they may receive gift vouchers and so on but not monetary payment. Unfortunately you can't request to be a panel member, they're selected by BARB.

In such a fractured and increasingly niche digital market there's an argument that BARB data is now out of date (with each household being representative of 5k viewers, one person not watching a small digital channel can have a huge effect). Surely there's a more reliable technical solution on the way?

:thumbsup:

I never realised their sample pool was a PITIFUL 11,000. Now you have pointed that out, next time I see "Britain's Got Talent attracts 20.1 million", I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

NO TORRENTS YET??!

I know! That's odd. There is a rapidshare file posted at Absolument Madonna but the quality is poor (good for an iPod) and the audio is off sync by .5 seconds. Not worth downloading,

I'm hoping someone has uploaded the HD broadcast in one LARGE Torrent file.