Madonna and Mercy - what really happened

Apples388

Watching it as we speak. Very interesting.

Some shocking stuff about just how messed up her Kabbalah cult is.

I'm sorry, she's doing good work for these kids but it's a shame that it all comes with a price.

Guest Danny86

Reading on another forum that this was said in the documentary:

"Her 1998 single Ray Of Light is an evangelical anthem about her rebirth to the spiritual cult Kabbalah - the video sees her standing in the centre of a vacuous world"

:dramatic:

Reading on another forum that this was said in the documentary:

"Her 1998 single Ray Of Light is an evangelical anthem about her rebirth to the spiritual cult Kabbalah - the video sees her standing in the centre of a vacuous world"

:dramatic:

riiight. & she wrote it all by herself.

This is not showing her in a good light AT ALL. Wimbledon is on the other side so luckily no one will be watching this.

I'll be checking out C4 + 1

I must admit though, some of the documentaries on Channel 4 are rather biased and I wouldn't say they now have the credibility of a BBC documentary. They used to be credible but the channel is becoming a joke and I think they sensationalise content more than they used to.

Whilst I am not a fan of her adoptions, I think Madonna is a hate figure for much of the British serious media and I don't think she would be given due respect.

well i am not watching it since im not in the UK, but i dont see how her adoptions could be viewed so badly

Well it was absolutely ridiculous but some points did leave me wondering what her real intentions are.

Basically he was comparing what she was doing to colonial times. Then it ended with Confessions Tour "Live to Tell" image of her on the cross and him saying that she thinks of herself as a Messiah in the centre of Malawi :lmao:

Some of the odd Kabbalah characters looked really iffy though. That one with the greasy pulled back hair just does not look right. It does make me wonder whether Madonna is just a pawn in this Kabbalah game and the whole idea is the establishment of the first "Kabbalah State" in Malawi. If true, it's really quite scary. But I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

Guest Johnkm

Ugh he spouted a pile of drivel about how she sees herself as the new 'Messiah'.

I dont ask for much, just that if their going to slag, at least they could try and be a little less biased.

Van Den Bosch though did give me the creeps, what a c**t, he would not answer one thing they asked. But I seriously doubt its in any way as bad as he portrayed.

Just switched on C4+1 the guy is annoying already. He asked some of the locals if they support Madonna adopting Mercy. 5 were in favour, 1 was against. He then made

a statement saying "Madonna has more support in Malawi than the West". Duh, well yeah most people in the West have a house, running, water a job, healthcare etc.

It's easy for people in the West to judge when they have everything. Malawian's live in poverty!

Guest ursaminorjim

No, but she's also not a memeber of a celebrity-endorsed money-removal scam posing as a religion, so...

I haven't seen the documentary yet, but I find the whole title "What Really Happened" really ridiculous and very arrogant on the part of the filmmaker.

Everyone knows if you do a documentary on whatever subject, it is just your point of view. So to subtitle something "what really happened" like only you know the truth is quite arrogant in my opinion.

Now the journalist has said he going to have an interview with James Mercy's father? How does he know James is Mercy's father?

"Negotiations" are made and a interview is arranged for a fee of $300....

Yes, Van Den Bosch is definitely a sinister character but I think it is more likely he greased the wheels of the adoption than trying to brainwash the whole nation with Kabollox.

There are some dubious goings on like potentially taking the land without paying for it but overall I think it comes down to some very rich westerners trying to help a very poor nation and trying to provide some kind of moral guidance too. Just like Christianity before it. The documentary is over dramatising it like it's a cult of devil worshippers.

I don't think taking kids out of their native countries is necessarily a good thing but looking at Lourdes and Rocco on IGTTYAS, they seem pretty well adjusted and well brought up kids so out of all the celebrities to adopt, I think Madonna is probably one of the much better parents.

I'm bored of it now though - the tennis is much better!

so far it sounds like more anti-k/madonna crap.

QUITE

PLus its tv timeslot was against WIMBLEDON and EASTENDERS, two of thebiggest ratings getters, so the only people who watched are Madge loons and the HATERZ

im surprised by the comments about van den bossche. i havent seen the doc or anything but he's a fellow belgian and they usually are low key, cynical and critical, not "weird" or sinister. in fact, when i read he was being interviewed for this stupid excuse of a "doc", i expected that he'd probably be one of the people who'd set the record straight. instead he seems to give the opposite idea.

Still I'd like 2 know what the point is of m's docu on Malawi why isn't that being shown on tv?

I wouldn't be surprised if TV networks are passing on it just because it's Madonna.

im surprised by the comments about van den bossche. i havent seen the doc or anything but he's a fellow belgian and they usually are low key, cynical and critical, not "weird" or sinister. in fact, when i read he was being interviewed for this stupid excuse of a "doc", i expected that he'd probably be one of the people who'd set the record straight. instead he seems to give the opposite idea.

Any belgain that makes the media outside this shithole of a country is shady.

FACT!

Hmm... I actually wanna see this shit!

As for some people comments in here, basically saying it's wrong to adopt someone, I mean what do you guys mean? That it's better that children starve to death? Sick comments even here, not better than this biased documentary at all.

And I still can't believe how media is treating this. WTF is wrong with adopting someone? It's just sick that people are even thinking of criticizing this.. SICK!