GERMaine Greer: "Madonna can't dance or sing"

Guest CUBB

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
greer460.jpg

"Instead of entering middle age and letting himself be chained to earth, he has floated away like a wisp, annihilated on the brink of a 50-date concert tour that I for one was dreading.

It's all very well for Madonna to be cranking out tour after tour. As she could neither dance nor sing at 25 no one is going to mind that she still can't do it at 50. But to see Michael Jackson faking it would have been heartbreaking. Among the hearts that would have broken is Jackson's own. It has snapped before the debacle. He has been spared."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jun/2...son-death-in-la

:lmao: She's such a crazy whore!

Fuck GG. She lost any credibility when she went on Celebrity Big Brother. She's not even that respected in Feminist circles anyway. Crazy whore indeed.

She looks like a bag lady.

Such negativity she expels. Why would anyone waste their time reading or commenting on someone they don't like?

MJ's concerts were geared towards his fans, who would've have appreciated the show regardless of shortfalls.

I bet she's never even been to one of Madonna's concerts or even listened to one album in full to even judge fairly.

Guest Pud Whacker

what ive always loved about germaine is that shes so jaded. always has been. FEMINIST. but i love her and gloria. :thumbsup:

she is always there to say something negative about a person when they die. she did the same to steve irwin as well.

she really doesn't give a shit and says what feels... i kinda respect that.

Dont know why she needed to sledge Madonna but she does have a point about Michael being taken before the shows, while l have never been a big fan and his dancing never spoke to me (technically he can move well but what is he communicating???) l would have hated to see him humiliated further. This was a commercial venture, not an artistic one and clearly not meant to be. The universe is in order.

Guest Pud Whacker

you know she is saying, its better he died than to witness his failure of something he could no longer deliver. she said that in the same sentence after STABBING madonna, joni mitchell style.

there was NO NEED to bring M up in that filth. shes subscribing to his legend over his life as a human. shes as pathetic as any jackson, save rebbie (CENTIPEEEEEEEEEEEDE) - for i love her and shes probably cool.

Like a lot of feminists she's probably resentful that MJ didn't keep her barefoot, naked and pregnant in the kitchen in her younger years hence the bitterness. I believe most feminists secretly want to be dominated and forced to worship fat cock.

What a load of bullshit... Germaine is just jealous because she can't use her sexuality as a tool for feminism because nobody wants her. Madonna has always been known as a good dancer, you at least have to give the girl that prize.

Guest Johnkm

UGH, as soon as I read her name on the topic, I knew it was going to be another batch of crap shes spouting.

I wasnt dissappointed, at least shes consistently vile.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
Madonna has done more for feminism than Greer could ever dream of!

Erm, i wouldn't go that far.

Madonna has done more for feminism than Greer could ever dream of!

I agree--and Camille Paglia has made much the same point with respect to Madonna versus contemporary feminists as a whole.

Guest Pud Whacker
Erm, i wouldn't go that far.

i would. who gave women, in general, more confidence? greer or madonna?