Madonna to perform at Jackson concert after all?

I think that "Human Nature" would probably be the easiest, safest thing for her to cover. Doesn't have a lot of alternating keys, or vocal runs. Pretty much keeps the same calm tone throughout. Madonna trying to sing "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" would be a trainwreck. She couldn't.

maybe she could do smooth criminal? I'd like that :p, her take on it would be quite intresting.

Mariah could do Bad :demonic: now that'd be worth seeing/hearing

The only thing i'm worried about is her getting booed. Because 1. If i know anything about MJ fans, its that they hate Madonna and 2. This is taking place in the UK and the UK public has been known to boo people more easily than others.

Lets hope she blows them out the water. I would love it if she performs "Dirty Diana".

Guest Topaz Scorpio

I would imagine that anyone who is anyone in the rock, pop, and hip-hop world will be a part of this concert if it happens. Kanye, Beyonce, Justin, Mariah, Whitney, Prince, Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross, Tina, and on and on. M will most certainly not be the only big name if this comes together.

And maybe Janet performing with her brothers on some of the Jackson 5 tracks could be a highlight.

Guest Madlover033003

she wont get booed or laughed at. its a tribute concert, people will respect anyone and everyone that performs

Guest nothingfails0603

I think a good example to compare this to would be the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert. A lot of the rock bands that Queen influenced were there, but at the same time, some of Queen's peer artists like David Bowie and Elton John were there as well. I think this would be the same thing for Madonna at a MJ tribute. She is one of his biggest peers and rivals, it makes sense to show respect and be there.

Celine already has her song sorted

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:rotfl:

She should do 1 ballad and 1 dance song

For the ballad I think her voice would suit "Ben" and "One Day in Your Life" from his early stuff. I can see her 'crowing' her way through the latter beautifully. :bad:

For the dance song obviously "Billie Jean" would be a good choice as she's done it before.

Knowing her though she'd probably go all Kabbalah blah blah and give us a trio of "Hey You", "Imagine" and "Heal the World". :lmao:

If true, sounds pretty cool. They did something like this for Freddy Mercury in the early 90's, after he died. Though, some of the artists performed their own songs as Elton John and George Michael ended up with a duet hit of Elton's older song... "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me".

If they do this, I hope they record it on DVD and CD. They could easily donate the proceeds to Jackson's favorite charity.

no, George performed Somebody to love and Those were the days of our lives with Lisa Stansfield.And elton performed Bohemian rapsody with axl.Don´t let the sun was another concert, George michael doens´t sing his songs in this kind of shows

and madonna should sing "In the closet" or maybe bad with Prince...but, I´m sure she´ll sing "The girl is mine" with Paul Maccartney!

anyway, Billi jean should be not performed in my opinion, just a recorded prefromance of him for that song

The part of Billy Jean Madonna did for the Like a virgin tour was really good actually, her voice fitted the song. I wonder if it will still fit now though. Anyway this is amazing news. :)

I bet if it happens , she will do that song !

Guest oulira

For some reason the songs 'Billie Jean / Like A Virgin', 'Don't Stop 'til you get enough' and 'Wanna Be Startin Sumthin' come to my mind. No idea why . .

Guest dicktracy

She should do "In The Closet" with Adam Lambert. She as the male and Glambert in drag....haha... OR.... maybe she can do it with Michael himself... a la Natalie Cole.

I think even non Madonna fans would recognise her place as the number one female artist of all time and pay her due respect. She got a lot of respect for her Live8 appearance and in the circumstances I think there would be a lot of love in the audience.

As for which songs she could sing, Human Nature wasn't a worldwide release so I doubt that would be picked. I do think she could do Bille Jean and Like A Virgin reprise. I think she would choose something like Beat It too. Classic, rocky and before he went off the rails.

The only thing i'm worried about is her getting booed. Because 1. If i know anything about MJ fans, its that they hate Madonna and 2. This is taking place in the UK and the UK public has been known to boo people more easily than others.

Lets hope she blows them out the water. I would love it if she performs "Dirty Diana".

Lol yeah i've noticed over the years how much the Michael & Madonna fanbases hate eachother and the respective artists. However, I know most MJ fans do see her as the Queen of Pop and respect her accomplishments. I really don't think they'd boo her.

Anyhow, I think a good song for Madonna to sing if this turns out to be true is "Human Nature". I really can't think of too many MJ songs she could do, his songs are suited for him so perfectly that it's usually a disaster when anyone attempts to cover his music, but I think she should stick with something simple that wont require too many vocal acrobatics.

who would be more anticipated than Madonna?

Prince. He's the only one who would be as anticipated than Madge or more.

Since when do MJ fans hate Madonna? I always assumed people either loved or hated BOTH. They're the king and queen, how can you love one and hate the other? They're both very controversial and tabloids' favorites. Both get tons of bad press. I don't think thats true.

I read the BET Awards tonight is going to be a special tribute to MJ with celebs sending videos of their thoughts, even Tommy Lee is making a tribute from Athens, Greece, via sattelite.-

Wonder is Madonna gonna make a suprise video there? maybe?

Guest BytheBay
Since when do MJ fans hate Madonna? I always assumed people either loved or hated BOTH. They're the king and queen, how can you love one and hate the other? They're both very controversial and tabloids' favorites. Both get tons of bad press. I don't think thats true.

I don't know about MJ fans hating Madonna...nor do i care but its very possible to love on and hate the other..well maybe not hate because thats a ridiculous term but i can't stand mj and his music. i think he's overrated as a musician, never really cared for any of his music or for the man himself yet i'm a huge madonna fan. they are completely separate entities and represent two completely different types of artists and music.

Guest nothingfails0603
Prince. He's the only one who would be as anticipated than Madge or more.

Yea, I am curious to see if he'd show up. Even though they were publicly rivals, they both respected each other. Prince was spotted at a Dangerous show in the early 90's and MJ went to one of Prince's 3121 shows. I think Prince showing up would get a lot of publicity as he was Michael's only serious male rival.