Madonna to perform at Jackson concert after all?

Interesting...from msnbc.com

Jackson’s tour to become tribute concert

Madonna among possible high-profile singers to perform in place of pop star

Madonna may perform Jackson songs

June 27: Madonna may be one of many celebrities who could take part in a one-time tribute to Michael Jackson by replicating his scheduled summer concert set. Msnbc.com’s Courtney Hazlett reports.

The show will go on for Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” tour.

The announcement was made at a June 26 memorial gathering for Jackson, held by the tour’s cast and crew.

According to a tour organizer, one performance will now be held in September and will be a replica of what was planned for “This Is It” in London.

High-profile singers are expected to perform in place of Jackson. Among them, possibly Madonna, who was expected to appear at one of Jackson’s shows in London. A firm decision has not been made as to where the tribute concert will take place, but it’s likely to be in Los Angeles.

If true, sounds pretty cool. They did something like this for Freddy Mercury in the early 90's, after he died. Though, some of the artists performed their own songs as Elton John and George Michael ended up with a duet hit of Elton's older song... "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me".

If they do this, I hope they record it on DVD and CD. They could easily donate the proceeds to Jackson's favorite charity.

she said during her 106 and Park interview on BET that she prefers early Michael Jackson solo songs to the later years, so i could see her doing either Don't Stop Til You Get Enough or my preference, Rock With You...with that said, if she's involved she is likely going to be the headliner, so she'll probably do one of his bigger songs...i guess Billy Jean?

I would think Wanna Be Starting Something would be good, but i'm guessing Rihanna has dibs on that (considering Dont Stop the Music) and because Whitney has already (in)famously perfomed it on national tv

Guest nothingfails0603

This would be nice. The Queen paying tribute to The King. I agree, a tribute concert like they did for Freddie Mercury would be great.

she said during her 106 and Park interview on BET that she prefers early Michael Jackson solo songs to the later years, so i could see her doing either Don't Stop Til You Get Enough or my preference, Rock With You...with that said, if she's involved she is likely going to be the headliner, so she'll probably do one of his bigger songs...i guess Billy Jean?

I would think Wanna Be Starting Something would be good, but i'm guessing Rihanna has dibs on that (considering Dont Stop the Music) and because Whitney has already (in)famously perfomed it on national tv

I doubt she'll be considered the "headliner". Fans of Madonna will try to see it that way, but there are plenty of popular artists of this generation who may be more considered the "headliner" before Madonna.

That said, yes... she would be probably one of the biggest acts there paying him tribute.

Guest nothingfails0603
I doubt she'll be considered the "headliner". Fans of Madonna will try to see it that way, but there are plenty of popular artists of this generation who may be more considered the "headliner" before Madonna.

That said, yes... she would be probably one of the biggest acts there paying him tribute.

I think with a tribute concert like this, there's no headliner. It's like Live Aid/8/Earth or something. There isn't one "headliner" even though there are several huge superstar acts.

The part of Billy Jean Madonna did for the Like a virgin tour was really good actually, her voice fitted the song. I wonder if it will still fit now though. Anyway this is amazing news. :)

Guest Danny86
but i find the MJ songs quite difficult to sing :nocomment:

I was thinking that too. I guess she can pull off something like "Rock With You", "Human Nature", "Blood On The Dance Floor", or one of the ballads though.

Guest Danny86
She should do Scream with Janet

:lmao:

I wonder if both Justin and Janet are both able to be a part of this after that certain event.

I'd love to see her perform Thriller without any makeup on. :)

there would be no headliner, i agree, but honestly, madonna is the queen, besides, she doesnt do this very often....she will be definitely the most awaited one.

exactly.

and don't forget.. Madonna's the "queen" he was/is the "king" so in that way she is without any doubt the most anticipated performer.

I think with a tribute concert like this, there's no headliner. It's like Live Aid/8/Earth or something. There isn't one "headliner" even though there are several huge superstar acts.

Actually, that's what I thought as well. But to follow up what others are saying, I don't necessarily believe she will be the most anticipated... maybe among her fan base.

Madonna and Michael do have similar fan bases, so it makes since she would be there.

If M is in, by FAR she would conjour up the most media coverage, mentions, hype etc, 1000% sure on that one!I could see her doing Human Nature