Madonna being referenced heavily in news coverage of Jackson's death

Braby

Guest nothingfails0603
Are you kidding me? "Dangerous" videos were 10x better then "History" ones. Only "Stranger In Moscow" and "They Don't Care About Us" were up to his usual high standards he set for his video's, otherwise no. The video's for "Black or White", "Remember The Time" and "Who Is It" were better than most of the "History" ones. The video's from "Dangerous" are some of his most memorable ever.

you don't like Scream? I figured you'd love that one. Earth Song is epic too.

Dangerous was the point that I stopped being as excited for new MJ product and started to lose interest, he was trying so hard to outdo himself and it wasn't as magical anymore. HIStory was more exciting because MJ seemingly dropped the ego a bit and went back to making great videos instead of big-budget extravaganzas that paled in comparison to what he'd already done.

:rotfl:

hey one ill give you is leave me alone> thats a great video. :thumbsup:

It is! Same with "Billie Jean," it was cool enough for MADONNA to perform it even. :lol::thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker
It is! Same with "Billie Jean," it was cool enough for MADONNA to perform it even. :D

no, you dont compare the performance you compare the videos by the same director:

bliie jean - vs - burning up

i take burning up ANYDAY!!!

no, you dont compare the performance you compare the videos by the same director:

bliie jean - vs - burning up

i take burning up ANYDAY!!!

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:31819" width="512" height="319" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashVars="configParams=vid%3D31819%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A31819%26startUri={startUri}" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed><div style="margin:0;text-align:center;width:500px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Madonna - New Music - More Music Videos</div>

WHAAAT, I was just making an observation. :bruised:

"Burning Up" IS pretty good, love the closeups...but I'll have to side with the illuminating tiles. :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker

listen, she had an eye on michaal, oh yes she did. she wanted all his video production team and everything. but she learned NOT what to do.

a great example of this is while michael loved fans fainting and showing it in his shyt, madonna opted to keep the madonnamania OUT of the virgin tour release.

Guest Pud Whacker
WHAAAT, I was just making an observation. :bruised:

"Burning Up" IS pretty good, love the closeups...but I'll have to side with the illuminating tiles. :thumbsup:

over that dirty whore with black roots and red lips in the street? are you kidding me? cmon now...

Well of course she had her eye on Michael, look at the time period...everyone did. And I said I LOVE "Burning Up" but I don't think it's Madge at the top of hers. "Billie Jean" is Michael around the top of his, it's just everything. So iconic for MTV at that time.

since '98? try '84. :rotfl:

What levels were they on in the '80s? :rotfl:

Comparing Michael and Madonna as artists of music video (and arguing who was better at it) is a dispute that doesn’t go anywhere because both worked in two different ways, and usually had two different goals in mind. In generalizing terms, Madonna wanted to challenge and provoke…Michael wanted to astonish and mesmerize. Apples and Oranges. The only thing they had in common was that their respective goals were driven by ego. She couldn’t do “Thriller” and he couldn’t do “Express Yourself.” However, it must be said that it was Michael (not Madonna) who substantially raised the bar of music video medium.

Guest Pud Whacker
Well of course she had her eye on Michael, look at the time period...everyone did. And I said I LOVE "Burning Up" but I don't think it's Madge at the top of hers. "Billie Jean" is Michael around the top of his, it's just everything. So iconic for MTV at that time.

taste. :lol:

and yes youre right he was his peak in 83 but madonna even better to me.

seriously, im not a fan. there was always something visually repellent to me about him and his videos. my reaction was always the same with each release of his: ew.

Guest jamesshot

She did kinda eclipse him in the end of the 80's. By a hair. But she did.

Remember, MTV gave her the artist of the decade, didn't they? And he called her a hefer or something like that.

Guest Pud Whacker
Comparing Michael and Madonna as artists of music video (and arguing who was better at it) is an dispute that doesn't go anywhere because both worked in two different ways, and usually had two different goals in mind. In generalizing terms, Madonna wanted to challenge and provoke…Michael wanted to astonish and mesmerize. Apples and Oranges. The only thing they had in common was that their respective goals were driven by ego. She couldn't do "Thriller" and he couldn't do "Express Yourself." However, it must be said that it was Michael (not Madonna) who substantially raised the bar of music video medium.

you had me until your last line. he raised it ONCE. in 1983. after that he REPLICATED that. madonna continued to up it. in fact he was the biggest star - the highest you could go UNTIL her.

she upped the ante on stardom that then everyone had to work for, if thats what they wanted...

She did kinda eclipse him in the end of the 80's. By a hair. But she did.

Remember, MTV gave her the artist of the decade, didn't they? And he called her a hefer or something like that.

Well, LAP was her huge feat, and it was released in 1989. The last MJ album of the '80s was Bad - so she obviously got everything in 1989 while he got it in 1987.

Guest Pud Whacker
Well, LAP was her huge feat, and it was released in 1989. The last MJ album of the '80s was Bad - so she obviously got everything in 1989 while he got it in 1987.

oh no, even borderline was better than anything he had done, to me anyway. that was early 84.

then by open your heart, omg, he was eating her dust. that was 86.

RETRACT YOUR STATEMENT!!! :rotfl:

I didn't say one was better!!! Just that one was more FAMOUS in certain years. It's undeniable that Michael was more famous in '87 - '88 especially with that Bad Tour which was at that time the highest grossing solo tour EVER, and Madonna in '89 - '90. When Madonna came out with LAP, I believe it outsold Bad? Different years, they avoided one-another because they both KNEW.

Guest jamesshot

Yes. But she also nearly matched him, fame wise, with Like A Virgin. Then she had True Blue which put her in the stratosphere. Followed by the WTG tour. Bad, while it did well, was a tad underwhelming. Then she came out with Like A Prayer and cemented her status.

Guest Pud Whacker
I didn't say one was better!!! Just that one was more FAMOUS in certain years. It's undeniable that Michael was more famous in '87 - '88 especially with that Bad Tour which was at that time the highest grossing solo tour EVER. Then Madonna in 1989 came out with LAP, which I believe outsold Bad? Different years, they avoided one-another because they both KNEW.

oh no, again youre wrong. the whos that girl tour in 1987 took madonna so global and TRULY (not that overused crap) iconic. she surpassed that jackson level of fame i was talking about in that year. she had one extra element that he was missing, that very important one - SEX. hes cool-less and sex-less. per jacko. :lol:

But if we're talking PURE success, the Bad Tour outsold The WTG tour by a longshot, and was the highest grossing tour by a solo artist EVER. Seriously, this is so ridiculous - it's absurd to think that one ruled the '80s while the other didn't. Look at their awards, really. One didn't "longshot" another, end of. When you think of the '80s, you think of ALL these iconic things, so you're wrong.

Guest Pud Whacker
But if we're talking PURE success, the Bad Tour outsold The WTG tour by a longshot, and was the highest grossing tour by a solo artist EVER. Seriously, this is so ridiculous - it's absurd to think that one ruled the '80s while the other didn't. Look at their awards, really. One didn't "longshot" another, end of. When you think of the '80s, you think of ALL these iconic things, so you're wrong.

when i think of the 80's i do not think of buckles and jerry curl. no way jose.

i think of levis, bleach, graffiti and hardware for jewelry.

:lol: Well, MOST of us think of the top three - M, M, and >>>>>>>>>> (down the line) P.

It's M/M, P for me. Love Prince but doesn't compare to those two for me. :thumbsup:

Guest superman

So Sad, MJ is gone.. he was unhappy man, sometimes Money can't make you happy... isnt everything..

his family doctor said, he was perfectly fine, as he had his physical examination - he was alright..but again Cardiac arrest is a traitor, you dont know when, unexpectedly..

Guest Topaz Scorpio
Comparing Michael and Madonna as artists of music video (and arguing who was better at it) is an dispute that doesn’t go anywhere because both worked in two different ways, and usually had two different goals in mind. In generalizing terms, Madonna wanted to challenge and provoke…Michael wanted to astonish and mesmerize. Apples and Oranges. The only thing they had in common was that their respective goals were driven by ego. She couldn’t do “Thriller” and he couldn’t do “Express Yourself.” However, it must be said that it was Michael (not Madonna) who substantially raised the bar of music video medium.

Sums it up perfectly. :clap: