Madonna being referenced heavily in news coverage of Jackson's death

Braby

Well u r a fabulous cunt :fag:

I think people could relate 2 her as a person in the 80's though..

Only pre-True Blue really. She massively confused the public for the first time then. And it was fabulous and it hasn't stopped since. :queenbitch:

Guest Danny86
& I never liked 'Scream' it didn't even seem that expensive at the time

I think they made a mistake shooting it in b&w plus the dancing 4 two such

'powerhouses' in that field was very dissapointing

Also, if we really need to compare, then Madonna's "Bedtime Story" is a proper one to be put against "Scream", done in the same year, directed by the same person. So, MadFan, how is "Scream" objectively light years above "Bedtime Story"?

Also, if we really need to compare, then Madonna's "Bedtime Story" is a proper one to be put against "Scream", done in the same year, directed by the same person. So, MadFan, how is "Scream" objectively light years above "Bedtime Story"?

I never even brought "Bedtime Story" into the conversation, in fact I never even compared "Scream" to ANY Madonna video. :confused: ...I said it was technologically advanced for 1995.

Guest Pud Whacker
:lmao:

I don't even want to debate this anymore, all I'm saying is that Michael Jackson is known more for making iconic (not necessarily good - that is, like Pud said, taste) videos while Madonna is known more for consistently good albums yet managing to reinvent herself.

...and creating the best videos. jacko was one long video. madonna was always different and cool.

jacko steps in water and it spreads out in slow motion and beats car with rod. madonna is chained naked to a bed and crawls on all fours and pours milk over her back.

jacko leans forward in 30's mob gear, madonna dances in front of burning crosses.

jacko morphs into cat in slick filmed wet alley, madonna morphs into raven, dog and pulls blood from the earth in teh dry desert.

again, im sorry, hes just cool-less.

:lmao:

I don't even want to debate this anymore, all I'm saying is that Michael Jackson is known more for making iconic (not necessarily good - that is, like Pud said, taste) videos while Madonna is known more for consistently good albums yet managing to reinvent herself.

I love U but u can't have this one :chuckle:

People can say Madge is a shit singer, not a real musician, average dancer, crap actress whatever

But it is through Music video where she reigned supreme as the ultimate pop cultural force

FACT

http://www.slantmagazine.com/music/feature...usicvideosv.asp

Guest nothingfails0603

yep, that is a more fair comparison than Thriller vs. Lucky Star. MJ was the biggest star in the world when he made Thriller, Madonna was a rising dance star when she made Lucky Star. They were in two totally different places in their careers at the time in late 1983/early 1984 that the comparison is unfair.

Guest Pud Whacker
yep, that is a more fair comparison than Thriller vs. Lucky Star. MJ was the biggest star in the world when he made Thriller, Madonna was a rising dance star when she made Lucky Star. They were in two totally different places in their careers at the time in late 1983/early 1984 that the comparison is unfair.

and her cheap video still had more life and sex appeal than he could ever dream of.

I love U but u can't have this one :chuckle:

People can say Madge is a shit singer, not a real musician, average dancer, crap actress whatever

But it is through Music video where she reigned supreme as the ultimate pop cultural force

FACT

http://www.slantmagazine.com/music/feature...usicvideosv.asp

Some odd choices in that. "The Roof" by Marina Carey. And Got Til It's Gone isn't the first Janet video I'd think of, Romanek or not.

NO, NO, NO AND NO.

michael wished he had a like a prayer, express yourself - hell even a la isla.

im sorry of the ones you named i can really only say thriller is any good.

no music video will EVER top LAP

I love MJ's videos to death but LAP is on a whole different level :thumbsup::dramatic:

Guest Pud Whacker
no music video will EVER top LAP

I love MJ's videos to death but LAP is on a whole different level :thumbsup::dramatic:

yes, its cinema vs blockbuster.

:lol: I knew you loons would slaughter me for this one.

Puddy, you're comparing specific moments to specific moments? I could make it sound great in Michael's favour too. :confused: To say he's cool-less, though, damn.

YES, some of Madge's videos ARE iconic, I NEVER denied that.

Only pre-True Blue really. She massively confused the public for the first time then. And it was fabulous and it hasn't stopped since. :queenbitch:

well i did say 'enough of a hint' :fag:

But I don't think the world was ever more confused by a woman getting a haircut then when Madonna arrived at the 'At Close Range' premiere

14613_large.jpg

Regarding the downfall in his video quality. I think the main problem, especially during the Dangerous era (the HIStory videos were a bit better IMO) is that MJ aimed for everything to be bigger and bigger when no many how much $$$ he'd pour into a video, the imprint Thriller left behind wasn't duplicable.

I do think things improved with the HIStory run of videos. Granted there was a lot of ego that went into promotion (the huge statue, etc...), the videos for the album all showed different facets of Michael that we didn't see during Dangerous or most of Bad. Hell, "Stranger In Moscow" was one of the humblest things MJ did in his whole career. No dancing, no elaborate sets, just MJ and a cast of several other characters who were lonely and share the rain together. Same with the "Childhood" video, MJ being the most vulnerable we'd seen him in a video since "She's Out Of My Life". That was a great era for him even if it wasn't one of his biggest. The videos of his were probably his finest lot since the one-two-three punch of Billie Jean, Beat It and Thriller.

Are you kidding me? "Dangerous" videos were 10x better then "History" ones. Only "Stranger In Moscow" and "They Don't Care About Us" were up to his usual high standards he set for his video's, otherwise no. The video's for "Black or White", "Remember The Time" and "Who Is It" were better than most of the "History" ones. The video's from "Dangerous" are some of his most memorable ever.

Guest Pud Whacker
:lol: I knew Madge loons would slaughter me for this one.

Puddy, you're comparing specific moments to specific moments? I could make it sound great in Michael's favour too. :confused:

I NEVER SAID MADGE'S VIDEOS WERE NOT ICONIC. I said hers were LESS iconic than Michael's. Which is true. Hokay, hokay.

well, call us Madonna loons all you want but youre a jacko loon. so be it.

again, it all just boils down to do you want to go see DIE HARD or BETTY BLUE?

Guest Pud Whacker
well i did say 'enough of a hint' :fag:

But I don't think the world was ever more confused by a woman getting a haircut then when Madonna arrived at the 'At Close Range' premiere

14613_large.jpg

shes fantastic.

READ BELOW.

Guest Danny86
I never even brought "Bedtime Story" into the conversation, in fact I never even compared "Scream" to ANY Madonna video. :confused: ...I said it was technologically advanced for 1995.

But "Bedtime Story" wasn't advanced for 1995? And I think it got a lot more recognition than "Scream", VMAs or not, "BS" got a place in the Museum of Modern Arts.

I can only echo what NF said: just because MJ was way ahead with videos when Madonna started out, it doesn't mean Madonna always stayed behind. By 1989, Madonna evolved into a video artist with doing stuff that were unimaginable at the start of her career, while MJ was never able to top "Thriller" or bring something entirely new into his videography.

well, call us Madonna loons all you want but youre a jacko loon. so be it.

again, it all just boils down to do you want to go see DIE HARD or BETTY BLUE?

I'm a MADONNA loon. :lol: 1000+ posts later at MadonnaNation.com. I didn't mean it insultingly, I'm one of you. I'm a Jacko loon, too I guess, they both have been integral parts of my life. The two best.

Guest Pud Whacker
I'm a MADONNA loon. :lol: 1000+ posts later at MadonnaNation.com. I didn't mean it insultingly, I'm one of you. I'm a Jacko loon, too I guess, they both have been integral parts of my life. The two best.

i know, im not questioning your fandom of either, thats yours to love. im just saying open your heart alone leaves ANYTHING michaels done in the dust. seriously.

Guest Pud Whacker
also Madonna has a golden globe :fag:

and won two academy awards for two other writers by her brilliant performances. :thumbsup:

You're still bringing examples up despite the fact that you said it's all "taste" and whatever you prefer. It's done, we feel differently. I love both artists for their different fortés.

and won two academy awards for two other writers by her brilliant performances. :thumbsup:

And she starred in an important women's film, filmed with nice colour gels :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker
And she starred in an important women's film, filmed with nice colour gels :thumbsup:

the ONLY film as far as im concerned. :thumbsup:

:lol: I don't think acting is either's top specialty, but how I do LOVE DSS. I only watched that 5 months ago.

Guest Pud Whacker

and madfan, youre a big fan on michael obviously and he just did die a very tragic death so i wont keep rubbing in how COOL-LESS he was. :rotfl:

:wink:

Guest jamesshot

OK let's get back to Madonna references in regard to MJ's death.

NBC Nightly News has not mentioned her. They interviewed Quincy Jones about his death.

Guest Pud Whacker
Yeah, I can see that by the CAPS. Tks. :D

:rotfl:

hey one ill give you is leave me alone> thats a great video. :thumbsup: