Madonna being referenced heavily in news coverage of Jackson's death

Braby

Guest dicktracy
they sure did up the ante but it was madonna who was the bigger MTV star.

Once again Madonna was not a pioneer but a follower that outmastered the artist before her. He was the first to fully utilize the medium (music videos/MTV) but in the end she profited the longest and arguably the most from it.

again, that is something that i think will happen in her death due to nostalgia. what they cant appreciate in life, they will in death. thats just HUMAN NATURE - MADONNA AND MICHAEL REFERENCE NUMBER 1,987. :lol:

marilyns a great example. they thought she was a shyt actress alive. then she died and she was a genius. go figure.

Agreed, its almost what is expected. Death makes people realize what they didn't say or do when the person was alive or the overwhelming feeling of everything tht could have been. The saying is always true, that you don't know what you got till its gone.

That avatar is Everything :thumbsup:

and...everyone secretly loves madonna's songs. :thumbsup:

They so DO

And its often ones you wouldnt think either

My laddish rugby playing boss today was gong on about Jacko and Madge, and then he said he likes "Secret"

FABULOUS

Guest Pud Whacker
Agreed, its almost what is expected. Death makes people realize what they didn't say or do when the person was alive or the overwhelming feeling of everything tht could have been. The saying is always true, that you don't know what you got till its gone.

That avatar is Everything :thumbsup:

:inlove:

and we can never forget the impact she had on women and above that, HOMOSEXUALS. thats a historical thing in itself. and she wasnt a barbra or a donna summer with the legions of gay fans.

madonna brought gays INTO the forefront of her work - put the spotlight on us in a good way.

and as we see now with michael - child molester...the more the world dislikes, the greater the love later. its like all is forgiven. terrible but true.

INTRODUCE ME :horny:

I thought you would be interested in that

FILTH

IN OTHER NEWS:

REUTERS:

MADONNA -" NOT DEAD YET"

Madge no doubt ws influened by MJ, but it's wat she did wuith the cue that has cemented her legacy, as well.

Plus, it's not like MJ wasn't inspired and influenced by many- especially someone like James Brown.

It's interesting. I think part of it also has to do with vulnerability, weakness and warmth. Michael, Diana, Marilyn, Judy (and Elvis to a certain extent) had an air of tragedy and fragility and I think the public felt an unconscious sense of responsibility in a strange way. It's the chink in their armour that let the public in and it's this weakness that ensured their public's forgiveness.

It's harder with Madonna, she's a fighter, she's tough, viewed as cold, calculating and wily. She's a strong woman, her armour seems impenetrable, it doesn't have that chink and she doesn't have that air of tragedy the public so loves. In dealing so heavily in sex and religion she's also alienated a sizeable portion of the public. Madonna's also always working and isn't nostalgic which doesn't give people an opportunity to take stock and evaluate her body of work.

In death I do think she'll be revered, gaining recognition for her work and for being the icon that she is. Without wanting to sound like a cunt, there's also an historical and social context to much of Madonna's work that will become clearer with the distance of time.

Elvis.

Frank Sinatra.

Michael Jackson.

The Beatles.

Madonna.

THEY ARE IN A CATEGORY ALL THEIR OWN.

This is the end of an era. Madonna carries the torch still.

Paul McCartney: "I'm still much alive bitch!" :americanlife:

Guest Pud Whacker
As much as I love princes music in the 80s, his creativity has run dry in recent yrs

and michaels was in abundance? :rotfl:

Guest nothingfails0603

One thing I've noticed to come out of this, and it'd been something you'vr heard fans say a lot for ages but never in media, is that media has now pretty much officially crowned Madonna "Queen Of Pop". The fans have known it for years but now that the King is gone, we need a Queen and Madonna's the one.

It's interesting. I think part of it also has to do with vulnerability, weakness and warmth. Michael, Diana, Marilyn, Judy (and Elvis to a certain extent) had an air of tragedy and fragility and I think the public felt an unconscious sense of responsibility in a strange way. It's the chink in their armour that let the public in and it's this weakness that ensured their public's forgiveness.

It's harder with Madonna, she's a fighter, she's tough, viewed as cold, calculating and wily. She's a strong woman, her armour seems impenetrable, it doesn't have that chink and she doesn't have that air of tragedy the public so loves. In dealing so heavily in sex and religion she's also alienated a sizeable portion of the public. Madonna's also always working and isn't nostalgic which doesn't give people an opportunity to take stock and evaluate her body of work.

In death I do think she'll be revered, gaining recognition for her work and for being the icon that she is. Without wanting to sound like a cunt, there's also an historical and social context to much of Madonna's work that will become clearer with the distance of time.

Well u r a fabulous cunt :fag:

I think people could relate 2 her as a person in the 80's though..

There was still enough of a hint of that Italian chick from Detroit.

+

The bitch is so self made :dramatic: I mean American Dream, hello.. .

But I can't imagine American congress holding a moment of silence 4 Madonna..

Unless the Bergs infiltrate..& wow at the ease with which 'God' is mentioned in congress :wow:

In my country all hell would brake loose..

Puds ur set is sickeningly stunning.....

I know thiis is probably gonna be weird to some of you...but it is kind of related.

People have been saying these kind of things to me all day today;

'Wow imagin if it were Madonna. How would you feel?'

'We would have to come and rescue you if Madonna died, just incase you hung yourself.'

to me too!!!! I don´t want to think about the day madonna dies, but, is so non-madonna fan to think like that...I guess I´ll cry, i´ll feel strange and sad, but that´s it

The media has referred to Madge as the Queen of Pop for eons now, nothing new. Thing is, her legacy had already been sealed when she suffered the backlash and such in late 1992/1993. Then, in the post-Sex era, she did things that added to it (peaking with ROL, Music, etc and the tours)

Once again Madonna was not a pioneer but a follower that outmastered the artist before her. He was the first to fully utilize the medium (music videos/MTV) but in the end she profited the longest and arguably the most from it.

Exactly!

Guest Disgusting Cat

Ahh, Madge must be lonely now. She's definitely the biggest icon around now, along with Prince...though many have forgotten him. :lol:

RIP Mikey. :(

Guest jamesshot

I have not heard Madonna mentioned today on either MSNBC or CNN but I have only been watching for a little over an hour.