Madonna releases statement about MJ's death

SexPistol

Guest jamesshot
per usual you have it wrong. michael called himself the king of pop. the media, writers and others referred to madonna as the queen. now learn that and get out. cheers. respect. OUT. :rotfl:

LMFAO! Wonderful Pud.

Was this around the time that he was working on "In the Closet"? And she and he didn't agree on the creative direction or something, right? I didn't realize there was actually a song produced from those sessions. Interesting...

In many ways, she was very kind to him. She defended him and spoke well of him, even when many others didn't or wouldn't. He had issues, obviously... But his musical legacy is so impressive.

It would have been interesting to have seen the King and Queen of Pop together during one of his concerts. A shame that never happened...

How is this song called?

madonna has never publicly said, i am the queen of pop and i want to be called that from now on

True -- in fact, there was an interview in which she said -- in response to the question "Why not Queen of Pop?" -- that she didn't like labels. They're too limiting. (It might have been in The Face interview of 2000 -- around the release of "Music." But I could be wrong.)

Madonna is widely accepted as the Queen of Pop. She is called that in most articles about her. Mariah ( I am not even going to dignify the notion of Lady Gaga as QOP) has never been seriously referred to as the QOP except by delusional lambs.

Madonna has been named the Queen of Pop by almost every media outlet.

I agree with you, but I *was* slightly irritated (and I feel guilty for feeling this way -- lol -- don't judge me! I know the man has died and that's a terrible loss, but I'm just saying this as a Madonna fan speaking to other Madonna fans, who I hope will forgive me...) ... Anyway, one article I read did not mention Madonna AT ALL (and it was a LONG article) and at the end, they said his record of #1 hits puts him behind only the Beatles, Elvis, and Mariah Carey. I was SO steamed for a moment. Heh. (Because, in terms of top 40 hits, Madonna has surpassed Elvis, and is only behind the Beatles, right?! So, it's all relative. I mean, it's obvious they're all in the upper eschelon of pop, but to not mention her when they're mentioning all these others throughout the article was slightly wrong.)

How is this song called?

According to Nightshade (see below) there is no song. I think it was a misunderstanding -- they were *supposed* to collaborate on "In the Closet" but they didn't agree creatively. She wanted to push the envelope further, he did not. (Or at least these are the rumors, which don't sound too far-fetched.) I had never heard that there was any track, but I was going off of what someone else said, so... BTW, I read an article today that mentioned Lenny Kravitz and that they had an unreleased song they recorded together (Lenny and MJ). So it's possible there's something, but we don't even know. (Heck, M and Prince never even got in the same studio to record "Love Song" for LAP. So -- by that evidence -- there could be something they slapped together, even if they didn't record together. Or, conversely, there could be no extant recordings of them because they never got in the studio together. Who knows except for the two of them?)

No, they didn't. They were supposed to do "In the Closet" for Dangerous but it never got recorded with her. He used the Princess of Monaco or something.

According to Nightshade (see below) there is no song. I think it was a misunderstanding -- they were *supposed* to collaborate on "In the Closet" but they didn't agree creatively. She wanted to push the envelope further, he did not. (Or at least these are the rumors, which don't sound too far-fetched.) I had never heard that there was any track, but I was going off of what someone else said, so... BTW, I read an article today that mentioned Lenny Kravitz and that they had an unreleased song they recorded together (Lenny and MJ). So it's possible there's something, but we don't even know. (Heck, M and Prince never even got in the same studio to record "Love Song" for LAP. So -- by that evidence -- there could be something they slapped together, even if they didn't record together. Or, conversely, there could be no extant recordings of them because they never got in the studio together. Who knows except for the two of them?)

It was definitely more than a rumour, here's M talking about the collaboration (sorry if already posted!) :)

It was definitely more than a rumour, here's M talking about the collaboration (sorry if already posted!) :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:thumbsup: Great interview---Madonna was way-to-progressive for MJ in her thinking and execution, he was NEVER going to go for it the way in which she would have, not sure his fans would have followed him on a Madonna-Makeover journey!

Oh, thanks for posting this! I had seen photos of this interview, I think, but had never watched it. Nice to hear her addressing this topic directly instead of re-hashing second-hand information. (Although, my understanding was pretty close to what she said...)

What's still unclear is whether she ever recorded anything with him. To hear her tell it, they never reached that stage. She obviously wrote something for the track (unfinished at the time), but it probably wasn't ever recorded because Michael didn't like it. (I suppose there's an outside possibility some demo might exist, but it's not all that likely...)

'In The Closet' is a great song as it is! I wonder if Madonna could have made it any greater...

I like this track too. It's very dark and almost Kraftwerk-ish in some spots.

However, I could NEVER hear Madonna saying these words to MJJ: "I cannot contain myself when I'm in your presence, I am so humble.." she'd be more like, "I'll hit you like a truck, I'll teach you how to fuck."

However, I could NEVER hear Madonna saying these words to MJJ: "I cannot contain myself when I'm in your presence, I am so humble.." she'd be more like, "I'll hit you like a truck, I'll teach you how to fuck."

:lmao: You're right!

:lol: Thats our Madge...

Guest superman

MJ suffered a lot since his childhood, he was very unhappy until his death. what a sad, sad life.. Money isnt everything...

Forget King and Queen, they were the Sun and the Moon... Yin and Yang of Music. Now the Sun went down for good. It hurts so much! Now all we have are the rays of light of the Moon...

Edited by damita

Guest Pud Whacker
When Mo was still whiter than him.

She's very glamorous and beautiful in that photo. :vanitybonet:

i always wished i had seen her live this day. i know she glowed. and omg, i would have died to see that performance LIVE.

i always wished i had seen her live this day. i know she glowed. and omg, i would have died to see that performance LIVE.

Yes, I really adore the performance and the way she looked that day. Not to mention that her tits looked extra fabulous in that dress.

please, martyr doesnt fit you. youre filth. so sling your arrows while you put on your halo and glow on. you cant help yourself with me.

i fucking LOVE you!!!!! :inlove: