Madonna releases statement about MJ's death

SexPistol

They just read her statement on CNN. Here it is:

"I can't stop crying over the sad news. I have always admired Michael Jackson. The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever! My heart goes out to his three children and other members of his family. God bless."

It's a shame that she'll never see one of her closest peers ever again.

I really feel for her at this moment as she herself can comprehend the media scrutiny he's been under (even if she didn't condone his actions).

Absolutely

If anyone can understand it is Madonna

i'm sure this greatly affected her

And poor Liz Taylor

god knows what this will do to her

MJ & her were so close that this must have devastated her.

awww...she's sweet.

dont forget they dated at least once...for the OSCARs.....ummm......1991? :confused:

They recorded a song together too.

Yeah, people always say she used to dislike him...so untrue.

This quote was aired on the news:

The moment that never happened: A month ago Madonna told me she wanted to do a surprise performance at one of Michael Jackson's U.K. shows.

-Guy Oseary

They recorded a song together too.

Was this around the time that he was working on "In the Closet"? And she and he didn't agree on the creative direction or something, right? I didn't realize there was actually a song produced from those sessions. Interesting...

In many ways, she was very kind to him. She defended him and spoke well of him, even when many others didn't or wouldn't. He had issues, obviously... But his musical legacy is so impressive.

It would have been interesting to have seen the King and Queen of Pop together during one of his concerts. A shame that never happened...

Yeah, people always say she used to dislike him...so untrue.

This quote was aired on the news:

The moment that never happened: A month ago Madonna told me she wanted to do a surprise performance at one of Michael Jackson's U.K. shows.

-Guy Oseary

It would have been a very special moment if that did happen. Plus after Britney and Justin it would have been nice to see her performing with someone on the same level as her.

cnn has been mentioning Elvis, Madonna, and Michael as being the only people equal in pop culture fame.

ps. i can't imagine madonna crying.

It would have been a very special moment if that did happen. Plus after Britney and Justin it would have been nice to see her performing with someone on the same level as her.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

as for Britney and JT :thumbsdown::lmao: now especially, they really ARE the cheap,wal-mart brand version of M and MJ!

Guest charger

If you search for "madonna and michael jackson pictures" on google images, you will see a picture on the first page in the bottom left hand corner of Madonna and Michael very early on in their career. They are both wearing blue. I was just wondering if anyone had a larger picture as it is hard to make out the details. I have never seen that picture before.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

This one?

3754qh.jpg

The website I found it on said it was from 1984 after one of his Victory Tour (with his brothers) shows.

Here's a few other photos of them together:

figura3rn7[1].jpg

Gallery1350.jpg

Those memories are just priceless.

They always seemed to have such a good time together regardless of all of the bullshit you hear from news and websites.

I can totally believe she wept at the news of his death. He was her peer, and probably the only other living performer who understood what it was like to be that famous, and have that kind of impact on the world. They were also the same age, so i'm sure it also brings up thoughts of her own mortality as well.

His death actually made me think of how much I appreciate her just being on the planet, and still working her ass off to bring us all to the dance floor. We need to appreciate her, because when she goes, the final chapter will be written.

His death actually made me think of how much I appreciate her just being on the planet, and still working her ass off to bring us all to the dance floor. We need to appreciate her, because when she goes, the final chapter will be written.

:thumbsup:

This one?

3754qh.jpg

The website I found it on said it was from 1984 after one of his Victory Tour (with his brothers) shows.

Here's a few other photos of them together:

figura3rn7[1].jpg

Gallery1350.jpg

michaeljacksonns1.jpg

Funny how, him being sucha HUGE star, he seemed overshadowed by M on that night they stepped out together. Too bad they didn't collaborate on "In the Closet," and that he didn't want to take things as far as she did.