Madonna in Louis Vuitton's new campaign

TOUR2008

Guest seancannon

Bless her, I mean I know she's the queen of age defying gravity, but when youre photoshopped like this, it only enhances a desperation to look to young, ya know?

Bless her, I mean I know she's the queen of age defying gravity, but when youre photoshopped like this, it only enhances a desperation to look to young, ya know?

I don't think the purpose of this effect is to make her look young. The clientele of Louis Vuitton are not young women in their 20's. Their clientele are mostly rich women in their 40's, 50's, 60's who can afford to buy these bags. That's why they got a middle aged woman like Madonna to be their model. The effect is for purely artistic and commercial reasons to make the ads look different, intriguing and provocative. And yes, these photos will be talked about and not because of the bags. But each time the picture is posted anywhere, the bags will be there, front and center. And that's what's called good advertising.

Guest waiting

God it looks amateurish. I thought it was some fan-made photoshop thing. Its like they took different pics of her and pieced them together.

This was posted on fanzine by mr breathless

ilk7z6.jpg

So ugly. The hat is just weird and she is photoshopped to death. Hopefully the other photos aren't as bad as this one. She looks like a plastic doll lying down on a chair. No movement or anything.

Hmm. I don't want to be too negative but... Fine for the ad campaign. (I prefer the first campaign to Part Deux so far...) But I kinda have to say that I hope this is not the imagery for ICONOGRAPHY (or whatever the GH will be titled). She looks pretty, but plastic. Almost unreal. But it doesn't scream, classic, iconic (to me, anyway).

I don't hate it. I need to see more pics to make a final judgement on the shoot as a whole. I like that it is very different from the last campaign (which I LOVED). The "effect" is kind of distracting though, and I do agree she looks like a plastic android (which may or may not be a bad thing).

Isn't Iconography's album cover supposed to be taken from this shoot?

This was posted on fanzine by mr breathless

ilk7z6.jpg

They should shelved this ad OR change the wording.

Mr. Breathless = Michael Jackson

I'm sure this is not a mock or they did it in purpose 'cos MJ's death announced AFTER this.

I strongly believe Madge will wanna do some changes.

Guest ursaminorjim

I'm sure this is not a mock or they did it in purpose 'cos MJ's death announced AFTER this.

Okay, what the fuck?

Once again people here completely miss the point of a FASHION AD. This is absolutely beautiful, and the fact that she looks like a plastic doll is part of the point. Louis Vuitton is a luxury brand, and high fashion photography is not about presenting reality. Ever see a Mert and Marcus campaign, which this is clearly inspired by? Photoshop is used in EVERY fashion ad, and on EVERYONE in the public eye. It's not about making someone look young, it's about making them look perfect. Very different thing.

Madonna also is just a hired model for Louis Vuitton, and like any model she has no say in the execution of this campaign, either pre or post production. The entire vision of this project was dreamed up in the mind of Marc Jacobs, and his creative team.

And Mr Breathless is so obviously not a part of the Louis Vuitton campaign. Duh

It looks completely unreal and she is air brushed beyond recognition. This has got to be fake.

Guest Danny86
It looks completely unreal and she is air brushed beyond recognition. This has got to be fake.

Most fans say the same about all of her photoshoots in the recent years. Vanity Fair by Meisel from last year etc...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: What? Are you on medication? :lmao:

Guest ursaminorjim

Well, it's obviously a real shot from the campaign. And, as afrolito said, it's intentionally retouched to make her look like that.

I just take exception to the fact that the end result is unattractive and soulless, myself. But it's certainly "real."

Guest chatty kathy

Okay, what the fuck?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mr. Breathless posted the photo like that at M Fanzine. His screen name there is "Mr. Breathless".

Wouldn't be suprised if he gets a phone call or letter from Liz asking how he got hold of it,

unless of course she sent it to him herself or Guy O did. :vogue:

Guest Danny86

Madonna rolls back the years in new Louis Vuitton ad ... and even her fingers appear airbrushed :lmao:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...airbrushed.html

Madonna somehow always manages to hold the ageing process back, however for her latest campaign she seems to have turned back time.

But the lengths to which Louis Vuitton has gone to keep Madonna looking eternally youthful may be a bit extreme, with the Material Girl looking almost plastic in this latest ad.

In particular, the fingers of her right hand seem to have been stuck on - are they someone else's? Or just bleached to white through airbrushing?

Photo editors seem to have shaved at least 20 years off the megastar, leaving her looking more like Sophie Dahl than her true 50-year-old self.

In place of her typically veiny hands - renowned for giving away the true age of a woman - her fingers were smooth and slender.

It's almost impossible to believe this is the same model who was pictured leaving a London restaurant a little more dishevelled earlier in the week.

In the ad, Madonna looks ethereal as she reclines in a blue armchair were a burgundy taffeta dress, lacy fingerless gloves and pink bunny ears - similar to the antenna-style headwear she wore to the Costume Institute Gala earlier this year.

While Madonna is in undeniably good shape for a 50-year-old woman, she looks far too young to be a mother-of-four in the new shots for Louis Vuitton's Autumn/Winter '09 collection.

The Vogue singer posed for acclaimed photographer Steven Meisel, who shot her controversial 1992 book Sex, who also took the previous season's ad.

The latest campaign makes Madonna look a little more innocent than what has come before. The last Louis Vuitton advertisement in December was certainly more raunchy.

The singer has reportedly been paid £6.5million for the campaign.

for each photoshoot she seems more and more paiting like, this picture if i didnt know it is a picture i would say this is a painting! :scared:

All I have to say is .......... WTF?!?!?!

This campaign is weird no matter how much into fashion you're in, it just doesn't make any sense. If you're paying someone millions of dollars to look like a manequin why not just get a freaking manequin for a few hundred instead of for a few million. I hope this is a fake.