..Except, once you have it all....

Lucky guy

Thanks, peter- that would be it.

IB isn't really a soundtrack- three of the songs are heard in the movie, and a fourth ("Now I'm Fllowing You") is in the movie, but not with the Madge-Warren vocals. I think IB helped popularize the whole "music from and inspired by" tag.

Such a fun song and she performed it perfectly...vocally one of her strongest moments.

Wonder how it would have gone down at the Oscar's in '91 had she performed 'More' instead of 'Sooner or Later' (also a total classic)...

Defintely in the AL Pacino 'More' scene...but I think the rest is just alternate/raw vocal takes...

I remember her saying in an interview on the set for the movie that doing 'More' on it was the hardest thing she ever had to do because it was meant to be an awful performance. Looking back now I wouldn't have thought it was that hard, love :chuckle:

Guest Johnkm

I LOVE More, and for that matter almost the entire Soundtrack, its one of my favourite albums by her. What Can You Lose, for some reason, is my favourite (Vogue withstanding). Not sure what makes me like it so much though, I guess its her voice on it and the fact the songs are all very catchy, especially I'm Going Bananas, my 8+9 year old sisters make me play them it all the time :).

Erm, yes. As in 'having a ball', 'Life's a ball' etc. What do YOU think she sings?

It's "all else above", it's more obvious on the background vocals, I think.

It's one of my favorites for many reasons and I love the art deco CD.

:thumbsup: Love the ART DECO TOO!!!! Again, I thought this was a GREAT move for her musically back then, and I listen to this all the time and it makes me smile.

There should be a thread we use to put suggestions/votes for the next album of the month, if we're gonna make this regular...

check the poll section.

Guest dicktracy

Everybody talks how ballzy Madonna was for releasing SEX and Erotica but even Rolling Stone magazine recognized at the time that 'No other pop star today could - or probably would - make an album like this.' I guess, since then, Xtina sort of attempted a move like that. But then again I have never listened to that album except for the 3 singles and they were more crossover than I'm Breathless. So... Madonna is still the only pop star to make a broadway-esque album while being on top of her game.

More isn't one of my favourite tracks at all but I do like some others on the album. I still love Back In Business. I think it's great! It would have been a great song to sing on tour.