Let's appreciate BAD GIRL!!!!

^WOW...such a beautiful performance. Rarely do we see Madonna perform live on a stage only with the band and the microphone, no choreography, no dancers. Brilliant :dramatic:

Once again, this song is just amazing

Sadly, it's one of her most overlooked singles but it's a brilliant song with an even better video.

It also has the honor of being the first ever CD single I bought.

Best song on Erotica, everything about is great...the lyrics, the production, I've even grown to like the iffy vocals :bow:

And the video is amazing, in fact it's one of the reasons I started smoking...I dunno, she just makes it look so enjoyable. :lol:

I like all the products of this song more than the like the song itself.

The cover is gahh! Breathtaking/boner-making. The maxi single is decent. The video is amazing. One of her best, really.

And then there's the song. It's ok, really. A little flat. The production leaves a bit to be desired. The piano and wind chime effects are better fit of a Lifetime movie, I can rarely get past that intro before skipping it. I much prefer the effectively dramatic extended mix though.

Sadly, it's one of her most overlooked singles but it's a brilliant song with an even better video.

It also has the honor of being the first ever CD single I bought.

I can´t understand why it wasn´t on Something to remember

The house..Jodie Foster was in that house.. :americanlife:

I think Dr. Lecter & Suede & me should buy that place & move in 2gether..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgfehDV3Bz4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgfehDV3Bz4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgfehDV3Bz4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LETS DO IT

*washes knickers in the sink*

I need somewhere to get a towel on my head sinking large glasses of white wine, peeling off my eyelashes and crying to myself of an evening

An all time DR LECTER CLASSIC...and yes, she so should replace DEViL with this in the tour...AMAZING

*lights up cigarette*

I can´t understand why it wasn´t on Something to remember

Because she was in full-on Good Girl Balladeer Evita Chiquita Banana mode.

I'm surprised she included "Rain" considering it was from Erotica.

LETS DO IT

*washes knickers in the sink*

I need somewhere to get a towel on my head sinking large glasses of white wine, peeling off my eyelashes and crying to myself of an evening

An all time DR LECTER CLASSIC...and yes, she so should replace DEViL with this in the tour...AMAZING

*lights up cigarette*

Well my fantasy would b me coming home from a hard day at work expecting a home cooked meal...

How i'd wanna eat depends on how I'd feel..but Suede would b so exited about me walking through the door

he'd forget all about making dinner so u guys open a tin of cat food instead..I'd get real upset knock the cat food of the table..get some on my fingers..& then u guys could lick it off..or something :confused:

Not haaaaaaaaaaaaaapyyyyyyyyyyyyyy This wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

Yup, then i can strut into work the next morning mouthing somthing like "HOLD MY CALLS" to my assistant as i SASHAY into my office that for some reason says "LOUISE" something on the door, then rip off the plastic covering to seom lovely free new outfits :wow:

Yup, then i can strut into work the next morning mouthing somthing like "HOLD MY CALLS" to my assistant as i SASHAY into my office that for some reason says "LOUISE" something on the door, then rip off the plastic covering to seom lovely free new outfits :wow:

Excuse me but that's ur dry cleaning I picked up 4 u...& as Suede's asistant I can tell u, u just walked in2

his office..Louise is his nick..that's what we call him around the house..u were showing the 1st signs of what would later turn out 2 b a case of severe cat food poisoning.

What the hell is going on here? :lmao:

I'm no one's bitch don't hang your shit on me *spreads legs*

Don't worry I'm ur assisant.. :horny: but only cuz u take care of the David Fincher house mortgage.

It's Dr. Lecter I'm worried about he seems 2 b lost, running around shouting Nooooooooot Haaaaappyyy!!

His cat food poisoning is starting 2 resemble Sheila's mercury poisoning in the Bold & the Beautiful..we must b alert..

39726.jpg

LOL poor Sheila

Don't worry about me, I can take care of myself.

After all, I've always been a bit of a Brooke. Not even Stefanie fucking "I'M TRYING TO SAVE MY MARRIAGE!" Forrester can get rid of me. :queenbitch:

CBS_BOLD_5497_CLIP1.jpg

LOL poor Sheila

I've always been a bit of a Brooke :wow:

CBS_BOLD_5497_CLIP1.jpg

Ur sucha slut..Imagines me being Mr. Forrester..& Lecter..OMG my half Stepson!

Stephanie sez:

Think of the Children....

stephanie-forrester-photo.jpg

*runs off 2 the bathroom*

I absolutely LOVE this song and video.

The haunting section in the video where the music stops and the cat hisses took my breath away when I first saw it. I always want her to live at the end but she looks fucking amazing as a corpse though, lol.

I'm sorry but the interaction between her and Christopher Walken when they kiss is BEAUTIFUL. The look of apprehension, acceptance, regret she gives is a beautiful piece of acting. No-one can look at that and say she can't act. Just a pity no director could get that out of her without her singing.

I'm sorry but the interaction between her and Christopher Walken when they kiss is BEAUTIFUL. The look of apprehension, acceptance, regret she gives is a beautiful piece of acting. No-one can look at that and say she can't act. Just a pity no director could get that out of her without her singing.

Why are you sorry? You are totally right, the kiss scene is quality. The problem with Ms acting is her inconsistency in delivering a line, rather than her ability to convey emotion.

i think im the only one that's all about Madonna LIVE

It gets even better at the end (like in the clip below) "THIS WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, IM NOT HAPPPPPPYYYYYYY, THIS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY."

:thumbsup:

ABSOLUTELY!! I've always thought this video was one of her best acting performances. She conveys emotion like no other in her videos, it is indeed a shame that in many of her films that didn't transfer.

I agree with those who said the video kind of made the song better. The song is a bit dated, thin and dare I say slightly "cheap" sounding....but it becomes an epic masterpiece when it's accompanied by the video. This has been my favorite M video for years....since it came out really. Her videos like this are the reason why she is THE ULTIMATE video artist. Not even MJ can touch her there. He may have had some fancier videos back in the day but a lot of that "new and innovative" technology he used back then is dated now. In M's case here, the song may be a bit dated but that video is TIMELESS!!! :dramatic:

On first listen, it struck me as one of her weaker ballads. The backing track sounds like dance/house music slowed down, and it's so narrative and theatrical that it seems a bit...odd. Despite all that, though, it does grow on you. I still think it's one of her weaker ballads, but I like it. Probably like it better than most of the songs on that album. And yeah, the video does make the song better.

I love most things about it, the song, the video, her style, her clothes, the hair, the music, the SNL performance, one of my fav songs ever and my girl friends. Also there are things I didn't like, I hate that she barely has eyebrown, her eyes look tired and well this is not important but I hate that the first guy in the Video she made up with is really ugly :lol:

Guest jamesshot
The video is great, but on record Madonna's lead vocal should probably have been rerecorded. This wasn't a case of a raw, emotional vocal performance that couldn't be recaptured in subsequent takes (see: "Live To Tell"). It sounds like she has a bit of a head cold and much of the phrasing is whiny.

"Bad Girl" holds the distinction of being my mom's favorite Madonna song.

I agree. Her voice does sound like she is suffering a cold. I get she sang it the way she did because the song calls for a sad, emotive vocal but she has done this better before. She should have rerecorded it. Or she should be the new GH package.

The song is terrific. The video is stupendous. Epic is the word for it all. I know so many casual Madonna fans that love Bad Girl.

I like to call the video for it the "cigarette" video

it makes smoking look fucking HOT!!

Madonna is now included in the divastastic pantheon of smoking images (led by the great Bette Davis heself)

144487_f520.jpg

3410245588_2c6d673985.jpg

JoanCrawfordByYousufKarsh.jpg

edg78.jpg

--

And "Bad Girl" would be fantastic if included in the tour and Madonna looking like she did in the Rio photoshoot! :dramatic:

Guest Disgusting Cat

Ahhh, Bad Girl is the best song on Erotica...and the accompanying video is even better! The video is right up there with Oh Father in terms of quality.