"Frozen" S&S Tour Discussion

Guest Danny86

Probably, since the collaborators usually write most of the actual musical pieces. Did Leonard tesify in the proceedings?

No just a written statement, by M. Richie. :(

I know there's a swedish program where they interview Pat & he plays Frozen after the woman asks him how it originated (nothing 2 do with this case though as it was in 2000) so he plays it on the piano but I don't think the chorus melody was in there...but he definitely wrote the verse melody.

The verses r identical..but the whole thing came down 2 a nasty judge who was offended by the letter M sent.

It's already been proven a case of judicial fallacy by a renowned magazine..The whole case was built on

the Urban Legend that says Madonna lived here in the late 70's as part of the Hernandez entourage & thus could have heard the 'original' song which is somehow part of the Hernandez connection..but as it

turns out she was being mistaken 4 another New York dancer ( in a blurry picture..)

so I dunno why we're still waiting 4 the final ruling...

The whole thing is just 2 ridiculous 4 words..

:rotfl:

:rotfl:

exactly :lmao: But truth b told this turned out a wonderful PR moment..With public opinion on her side..

A massive surge in popularity amongst the French speaking Belgians..& The best COAD promo ever.

Sucha watercooler moment :dramatic:

Guest Danny86

Supposedly this is what Anna said regarding "Frozen":

more than everything fits the rave section. the new mix for 'frozen' is huge, think 'like a prayer' tour remix. will blow your mind live!

Supposedly this is what Anna said regarding "Frozen":

more than everything fits the rave section. the new mix for 'frozen' is huge, think 'like a prayer' tour remix. will blow your mind live!

:bad:

Guest Danny86

Anna wrote this a while ago:

m will indeed replace 'hung up' with a brand new uptempo version of 'frozen', which was also the initial concept for the tour.

Does it mean it was considered for 2008 tour already? Still don't get why they went with "ROL" from that album in the end... :confused:

Want it in Belgium that YOU ARE NOT ALONE by Jacko was done for plagiarism too and that was banned

Want it in Belgium that YOU ARE NOT ALONE by Jacko was done for plagiarism too and that was banned

Yes - it seems that if an artist wants to sue someone for plagiarism, they're better off lodging the case in Belgium, since the judges there find have no qualms about ruling that one person has "stolen" another's work, whether it's true or not!

This will have implications for the new hits collection, since if it includes "Frozen" (which it absolutely must), then it will not be able to be sold in Belgium.

just found this, can anyone translate?

MadonnaTribe

nous révèle en exclusivité l'ensemble des nouveautés et modifications

qui auront lieu lors de cette tournée de prolongation du 'Sticky & Sweet Tour' qui démarrera demain!

La version rock de "Dress You Up" sample "My Sharona"et est excellente.

Pour "Holiday", quelques modifications ont été effectuées. En plus de sampler "Everybody" (Dance and Sing Get Up And Do Your Thing) et "Celebrate" , Madonna a ajouté une partie Michael Jackson au milieu de la chanson: le beat du très connu "Billie Jean" avec le refrain de "Wanna Be Starting Something" (Mama-se, mama-sa, ma-ma-coo-sa).Un grand numéro de danse!

Plus d'informations sur "Frozen" qui remplace "Hung Up". Le titre sample l'incroyable chanson numéros 1 en angleterre de Calvin Harris "I'm Not Alone" pour un rendu totalement uptempo. De plus, des passages sont empruntés à "Open Your Heart" 2008 qui n'avait finalement pas été utilisée. Enfin le backdrop est constitué d'outtakes de la vidéo de Chris Cunningham pour un résultat

excellent.

Calvin Harris?!

Guest Danny86

This is the same MTribe info in Italian, was already posted in the final setlist thread. Calvin Harris' "I'm Not Alone" is mashed-up with "Frozen".

I've seen it LIVE!!

:wow:

LOVED the OYH in the middle of it , and the choreography was similar to DWT but having the S&S treatment

This performance is just AMAZING, I love that the armony in the remix and the choreography. I am so jeslous I didn't see this live

Guest bluejean

Looks cool but I would have liked 'Open Your Heart' done in full rather than inserting into 'Frozen' like this. I mean it just doesn't work imo.

Love the mix of 'Frozen' though.

Definitely more fitting than HU (as it was done) in that segment.

And, some said that now nothing from COADF is in the show- they're forgetting about the "Jump" bit during "Into the Groove." :)

I love this perfomance !!! :thumbsup:

By the way, what`s the name of the dancer with the bold ? He looks really good and he makes me horny. :vanitybonet: He`s a good dancer, too ! :thumbsup:

I love this perfomance !!! :thumbsup:

By the way, what`s the name of the dancer with the bold ? He looks really good and he makes me horny. :vanitybonet: He`s a good dancer, too ! :thumbsup:

What do you mean by 'the bold'?? :confused::confused:

No just a written statement, by M. Richie. :(

I know there's a swedish program where they interview Pat & he plays Frozen after the woman asks him how it originated (nothing 2 do with this case though as it was in 2000) so he plays it on the piano but I don't think the chorus melody was in there...but he definitely wrote the verse melody.

Must be a Belgian thing. I was reading about Michael Jackson's You Are Not Alone - it was co written by R. Kelly and the Belgian courts decided it was too similar to another song so it is now band from the airwaves, just like Frozen.

Mariah Carey should worry cos all her songs sound the same but can you plaigerise yourself? :confused: