"Frozen" S&S Tour Discussion

Guest Danny86

CRAP!

damn it, now I wanna go. :(

Me too. Come back to NY for 1 night Please.

As for the SS DVD there is so much potential for an amazing package. It should include any performances not in the show used for the dvd along with all the request sections. They could even cut that down and just take one performance per song instead of having Express Yourself over and over. Just pick the best one. Also all the performances with special guests should be included. The video backdrops should definitely be included as well as an extensive picture gallery. I must of seen over 1000 amazing pictures from this tour. The dvd should not just be the show itself, but a celebration of it as well.

If the dvd is coming out in Septmeber(that's what Madonnatribe's webmaster said apparently), then it's very unlikely...

Of course they could film one of the first shows and include it on the dvd...who knows

I thought ICON said the DVD of S&ST would come out very late this year. (I interpreted that to mean Christmas sales time. Like, perhaps in time for the week of Thanksgiving or something. CT came out on DVD in January -- but that might have had something to do with the broadcast on NBC in November of the previous year.)

The GH collection is supposed to be out in September. But I don't think the tour DVD was rumored to coincide with that release.

Why is Frozen banned in Belguim?

There was some plagiarism lawsuit against her there. Apparently the court did not rule in her favor, and so the song cannot be played on radio and recordings of it can't be sold there. However, I still don't see how that would keep her from performing it.

If the performance is added to the DVD of the S&ST, then THAT would be a problem. Because I don't think they could sell the DVD.

But she can really perform anything she wants, I believe. Lots of 'cover bands' etc. perform other people's work live all the time. It's if you record that performance and then try to sell it that you get into trouble. They may have to pay some sort of fee or whatever for performing it -- like, say, high schools do when they perform a certain musical or whatever.

I could be incorrect here... I don't fully understand all that -- 'compulsory mechanical license' etc. Very confusing. But I still think she would be able to perform it.

I thought ICON said the DVD of S&ST would come out very late this year. (I interpreted that to mean Christmas sales time. Like, perhaps in time for the week of Thanksgiving or something. CT came out on DVD in January -- but that might have had something to do with the broadcast on NBC in November of the previous year.)

The GH collection is supposed to be out in September. But I don't think the tour DVD was rumored to coincide with that release.

This was posted by Chatty Kathy a few days ago:

"According to the MadonnaTribe webmaster, "they will leave some bits out so fans will rush to buy the dvd when it comes out in SEPTEMBER 2009".

Guy O did say the dvd was coming out in November but these things change all the time...

Guest Johnkm

I dont think Im going to be able to cope with seeing it once, let alone on all 5 of the shows im going too. I just do not like frozen, and despite Hung Up being the less than perfect Rock Version, its still 100% better than Frozen.

Guest jamesshot

Hmmm. I don't know if I like this. I like the rock version of HU just now THIS particular rock version. She should have replaced with ROL because for some reason, on this tour, she cannot do ROL justice vocally. Not like she did in 2005 ( Live 8) or TCT were she put down steady, good vocals for ROL.

GOD I just want to see S&S one again. Please Madonna come back to Mexico, I adore Frozen, and I always liked all the dance versions of it.

I don't like Hung Up rock version I don't hate it either. Why not keep HU, but the album version with some dance steps, just for the Queen not to be tired, and maybe replace 4 minutes.

Edited by magom

Josh, "Frozen" was at the center of a copyright suit- some guy said one part had the same melody as his song, or something like that.

Posted on Wikipedia:

On November 18, 2005, a Belgian judge seated in Mons ruled that the opening four-bar theme to "Frozen" was plagiarized from the song "Ma vie fout le camp", composed by Salvatore Acquaviva of Mouscron. The judge subsequently ordered the withdrawal from sales of all remaining discs, and forbade any further playing of the song on Belgian TV and radio under wide protest of the Belgian population. "Frozen" was a chart topper in Belgium and widely popular. Many radio and tv-stations and their audience stated that "Frozen" was loved, while the supposedly plagiarized song was unknown and disliked. The judge also ordered Warner, EMI and Sony to publish and spread the decision within fifteen days to various media outlets on pain of a penalty of €125,000 for non-compliance with the court order. No damages were granted.[1][2]

The Belgian radio station Donna held an Top 5000 music chart program from 17 November to 12 December 2008. The song "Frozen" reached place 143, however because of the legal status of the song it could not be played. The radio hosts asked their listeners to watch the music video on YouTube, while there was approximately 5 minutes of radio silence.

Josh, "Frozen" was at the center of a copyright suit- some guy said one part had the same melody as his song, or something like that.

Posted on Wikipedia:

On November 18, 2005, a Belgian judge seated in Mons ruled that the opening four-bar theme to "Frozen" was plagiarized from the song "Ma vie fout le camp", composed by Salvatore Acquaviva of Mouscron. The judge subsequently ordered the withdrawal from sales of all remaining discs, and forbade any further playing of the song on Belgian TV and radio under wide protest of the Belgian population. "Frozen" was a chart topper in Belgium and widely popular. Many radio and tv-stations and their audience stated that "Frozen" was loved, while the supposedly plagiarized song was unknown and disliked. The judge also ordered Warner, EMI and Sony to publish and spread the decision within fifteen days to various media outlets on pain of a penalty of €125,000 for non-compliance with the court order. No damages were granted.[1][2]

The Belgian radio station Donna held an Top 5000 music chart program from 17 November to 12 December 2008. The song "Frozen" reached place 143, however because of the legal status of the song it could not be played. The radio hosts asked their listeners to watch the music video on YouTube, while there was approximately 5 minutes of radio silence.

Now there's no point in placing the blame...

Posted on Wikipedia:

GOD I just want to see S&S one again. Please Madonna come back to Mexico, I adore Frozen, and I always liked all the dance versions of it.

I don't like Hung Up rock version I don't hate it either. Why not keep HU, but the album version with some dance steps, just for the Queen not to be tired, and maybe replace 4 minutes.

How stupid, she is NOT gonna replace 4 minutes ,,,

:thumbsup:This is GREAT NEWS!!! Frozen is, and always will be, an epic song, would love it is she performed the Victor Calderone mix, being she has already done the album version live and the Stereo Mc's version.

There's a slight similarity to that other track, in that one section, but not enough to make a fuss about. But, apparently, Belgian court thought otherwise.

Yah, she'll probably throw some other musical element into "Frozen."

There's a slight similarity to that other track, in that one section, but not enough to make a fuss about. But, apparently, Belgian court thought otherwise.

Yah, she'll probably throw some other musical element into "Frozen."

The verses r identical..but the whole thing came down 2 a nasty judge who was offended by the letter M sent.

It's already been proven a case of judicial fallacy by a renowned magazine..The whole case was built on

the Urban Legend that says Madonna lived here in the late 70's as part of the Hernandez entourage & thus could have heard the 'original' song which is somehow part of the Hernandez connection..but as it

turns out she was being mistaken 4 another New York dancer ( in a blurry picture..)

so I dunno why we're still waiting 4 the final ruling...

The whole thing is just 2 ridiculous 4 words..

But, to my ears anyhow, the melody is nowhere near as "identical" as, say, "Miles Away" and that Victoria Beckham song (if that's what it was). I don't know if the average person would listen to that other song and think, "OMG, that sounds like a Madonna song!"

But, to my ears anyhow, the melody is nowhere near as "identical" as, say, "Miles Away" and that Victoria Beckham song (if that's what it was). I don't know if the average person would listen to that other song and think, "OMG, that sounds like a Madonna song!"

I agree..but on paper the bars r the same...there r only 7 notes so there's a bigger

chance of writing the same music twice then winning the lottery...

Oh & she testified Pat Leonard wrote that.