"Frozen" S&S Tour Discussion

Guest Danny86

umm, i loved the Hung Up rock version.

But, Frozen is one of her best songs (not greatest, that goes to Who's That Girl and Like a Prayer) so it will be cool it hear a rock version of this classic string-dominated ballad. There are some youtube vids of people doing "rock" (moreso guitar) versions of Frozen. It's pretty rad.

I just PRAY that this song makes the final cut. It would be a shame if she just rehearsed and nothing happened to it.

wow that's fucking cool. i would love that. i can't believe i am reading this. yesterday i talked with my best friend and he asked me if she sings Frozen in this concert because it's one of her best hits and I said to him - No, not since RIT. But here we are again with Frozen. I am a little sad about Hung Up though, but I am also sad about Heartbeat, my fav song from HC. Anyway I'll see these on DVD and Frozen with Holiday and Dress You Up live. Can't wait !!!

Frozen sounds good but as an old fan sounding like "the new breed" this would be the third time we hear this song on tour the past 8 years. She could've certainly remixed HU into an even more dancier track or sang it originally. I would've love to hear Get Together again or even the demo version of the song that floated on the net some time ago. :thumbsup:

Frozen sounds good but as an old fan sounding like "the new breed" this would be the third time we hear this song on tour the past 8 years. She could've certainly remixed HU into an even more dancier track or sang it originally. I would've love to hear Get Together again or even the demo version of the song that floated on the net some time ago. :thumbsup:

as we can all see this tour is not only for the fans. so strong classics are in demand. ;)

as we can all see this tour is not only for the fans. so strong classics are in demand. ;)

:angel: I'm not arguing with that. If u want to talk about "classics" lets pull out stuff from Like a Virgin and so on and so on. Almost every song she pumped out from '83 to 2000 is a classic. Too bad there will be some we will never hear again. Lets be happy that she is still open to Holiday. If only we could get Causin a Commotion one more time and Express Yourself before she calls it quits. :vogue:

Thankfully she is ditching the self indulgent rock version of Hung Up. Someone from her team must log onto fansites to read fans opinions.

Like others have said I would rather she ditched ROL than HU. ROL has been performed enough HU not so. Does she have to pay royalties

everytime she uses the ABBA sample on HU live?

Guest Danny86
Yeah, but the S&S is bad. Most fans agree to that. I'm sure she can revive that song and perform it differently, if she can with LAP then I'm sure she can with this.

The melody was the same though, so people could still singalong. It's just impossible to imagine she wouldn't do Hung Up on an European tour. It's one of her biggest ever hits, surely thousands of casual fans expect to hear it.

Guest Danny86
Is there any chance for the Burning Up/Impressive Instant mash-up? That one was a genius idea if I've ever heard one *grasps at straws*

No, I don't think there's any chance. It seemed like a very obscure choice for a hit-filled last segment. All the 3 new performances added to the 2009 setlist are popular hits.

What's interesting though is that from the debut and Music, she keeps considering several songs, while from LAP and ROL for example, it's always the same songs...

I want all the changes as an extra on the DVD or else...

If the dvd is coming out in Septmeber(that's what Madonnatribe's webmaster said apparently), then it's very unlikely...

Of course they could film one of the first shows and include it on the dvd...who knows

I wish they would release both shows on a double DVD. Of course that won't happen

i got a feeling she'll record a 2009 show and ditch the 2008 recording. it'll be friends with RIT Lisbon and BAT in a box on a shelf in THEE Madonna Vault.

yeah.

whoopie doo

wewj303////

//dfew

qwpirw3 02f

whoopiedoo bee doo ooh la la, come to me baby

whoopiedoo bee doo ooh la la, don't say maybe

Well, the BA show is supposed to air 7/4, right? So, it's not like it's going into the vaults.

I don't think it's a problem that she'll have done "Frozen" on three tours in the past eight years- she also has done "Music" as often- though "Music" was a bigger hit, both initially and in recurrent life. "Ray of Light," as well, has been on three tours since 2001.

Would rather have a rarely/ never performed 90's song, ie Bedtime Story, Nothing Really Matters, Rescue Me but Frozen will do over the rock version of Hung Up.

She probably saw the reaction on people's faces every night for six months with the look of disappointment when she performed HU as she doesn't normally listen to anybody.

I hope it is a version of the Calderone mix but I can't believe she is dropping HU unless she is bored singing it.

I can't wait to see the final setlist although I can't believe it is only two weeks away and it isn't already finalised! Hopefully, there will be some demos too!!!!!!!